Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

I hate the narrative that we could bring in Leftwich to satisfy the Rooney Rule. Either you’re interested in him or not. Quit jerking people around. It’s unacceptable and it is not professional. Do your homework and have legitimate interest in people. Ron and Mayhew are not guys that will avoid hiring a minority. 

• Thumb up 2

Not until he learns how to actually coordinate an offense, among several other glaring shortcomings. This was a hire of colossal stupidity by RR. We suffered the consequences and squandered a year of what should've been something special for the weapons we have on that sode of the ball.

Everybody thinks that Dorsey is who's making that offense cook in Buffalo. In part. Shula is very good at what he does, and it's making Dorsey look good. GMs around the league (or at least some of them) know that. I really like Dorsey. Hope he can climb. Genuinely deserves it.

Washington would do well to emulate the Buffalo formula - by hiring a Senior Offensive Assistant AND an OC. Many teams are doing it in functional terms, even if not explicitly shelling out that set of titles. I'd have no problem with Zampese as OC in such a scenario.

1 hour ago, skinzplay said:

Not until he learns how to actually coordinate an offense, among several other glaring shortcomings. This was a hire of colossal stupidity by RR. We suffered the consequences and squandered a year of what should've been something special for the weapons we have on that sode of the ball.

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong. It’s just the way the league is. Teams would rather go back to a tainted well than give a new guy a shot. I’d do things differently, personally.

5 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I hate the narrative that we could bring in Leftwich to satisfy the Rooney Rule. Either you’re interested in him or not. Quit jerking people around. It’s unacceptable and it is not professional. Do your homework and have legitimate interest in people. Ron and Mayhew are not guys that will avoid hiring a minority. 

Sham interviews are one of the big pieces of Flores’s lawsuit against the league. It’s funny seeing how many people on here think it’s just BAU to just bring in a Black guy with absolutely no intention of hiring them 

1 hour ago, Conn said:

He’s horrible at his job, you wouldn’t if you dug as deep into him as hopefully these teams will. 

Leftwich was their OC for 3 straight division titles. He was OC when they won the Super Bowl. He was OC when Brady led the league in passing last year. But, instead of thinking the 45 year old Brady playing poorly this year because he’s lost a step, assume the OC is horrible???

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

30 minutes ago, EatsMoreChicken said:

Leftwich was their OC for 3 straight division titles. He was OC when they won the Super Bowl. He was OC when Brady led the league in passing last year. But, instead of thinking the 45 year old Brady playing poorly this year because he’s lost a step, assume the OC is horrible???

It appears for 2 of those 3 years that it was Bruce Arians calling the majority of those calls… this last season it was clearly apparent that Leftwich isn’t as good as expected… kinda like Eric Bieniemy in KC… imho they’re just OC in name and not actual job

2 hours ago, EatsMoreChicken said:

Could be because I actually watched half their games this year and follow multiple beat writers and analysts for the team who posted play by play each week about what a heinous crime against the sport Leftwich’s playcalling was. Good post though, we need more people around here who simply post what can be found on Wikipedia. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, EatsMoreChicken said:

He wasn't great as a QB and is also not a very good OC as well. Since he played for Del Rio I wonder how much input he will have on him as the OC since Del Rio did eventually bench him and then he was cut. 

I don't want Leftwich. He is slow to react during game time decisions. 

I really wanted Bevell because of his past work, especially with Russell Wilson in his early career.  I think Bevell could get in here and design a scheme around Howell's skill set to where by the end of 2023 we should have a pretty good indication as to whether Howell's ceiling is a franchise QB or not.   Even though he wouldn't be a finished product after one season, I'd be confident that Bevell would do enough to maximize whatever it is that Howell brings to the table.

I really hope it's shurmur. 

Guy with a proven record for getting the most out of quarterbacks and a guy with head coaching experience which almost always makes them a good coordinator and also less likely to be stolen quickly, like what we have with del rio.

With shurmur leading the offense and del rio leading the defense and Rivera doing what he does best in motivating and leading this could be a dangerous team next year.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Not really a fan of Bienemy's. That offense is Andy Reid's and Matt Nagy is often given much more credit in public anyway. 

In fact I'd take Nagy as OC over Bienemy. 

RR and Co. if there is true interest should make Bienemy the highest paid 1 year OC.  Big problem is Snyder and the sale of the team.  I think it would be a huge deal for our O if we could sign EB.  

52 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

This video says that the chiefs are trying to push Bienemy out the door.

That's literally what it said. 

Why on God's earth would we want a coordinator that the other team is trying to push out the door for a lateral move?

So many red flags with hiring Bienemy. 

• Like 3