Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

Ron "I lost the flag in my pocket" Rivera, probably needs to go. But every HC has failed since Danny brought the team.  And he will never get rid of Riveria because he brings a level of respectability to the organization even though they continue to lose with him. It is just a very ****ed up organization from an ownership perspective. We need new owners. We need a new stadium. Just a lot of changes to change the fortune of this club.   

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Redwards said:

He's not taking any personal responsibility.  

This is what has been an interesting turn of events for me.  Ron with his back against the wall placing blame on others except himself, does he even have a clue? 

He's a good guy but he's starting to come off as a fraud.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

This is what has been an interesting turn of events for me.  Ron with his back against the wall placing blame on others except himself, does he even have a clue? 

He’s always been a fraud as a head coach. He rode Cam to a Super Bowl appearance and has a ton of losing seasons under his belt. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Damn...Ron blaming the loss on having all these "young players".  

You're in YEAR 3!!!!  That excuse doesn't fly anymore.

He's not taking any personal responsibility.  

Exaclty. Didn't we hear about this "team learning to grow" crap after a game against Cleveland his first season here when Rivera appeared to wave the white flag at the end of the game when we still had time outs?

Bring 84 year old Gibbs back, whatever. Its tough to care after another game when you get completely owned and unprepared for the game.

Saw this on Reddit:

"This was Ron Rivera's 36th game with this team. It is the 7th time we have gone down 20+ to 0. I also quickly found 2 other occasions where we went down 23+ to 3 to start the game and there are possibly other isntances of this. That is at least 25% of our games under Rivera where we are getting blown out before we even get a touchdown on the board. Rivera has also posted a losing record in 8/11 of his years as a HC with us having a losing record to start out his 12th year."

Pretty staggering. A quarter of the time we're getting blown out right from the start. That can't happen in today's NFL where most games tend to be close and back and forth.

57 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

It is a sign that he knows he is at risk. 

1 hour ago, BleedBNG said:

Doesn't matter. Snyder will just hire another HC that no other team is interested in.

Facts, why we need to avoid at all costs him being the owner that makes that decision.

Said it once and said again, only thing worse then continuing with Rivera is Snyder (the bamma that picked him) being allowed to pick his replacement.

• Like 3

On 9/18/2022 at 9:17 PM, evmiii said:

Changing things now probably has very little effect on this year.  Firing a coach now looks like you are panicking.  After this year, I think Ron and Jack must go.  Ron was what was needed to help re-establish some credibility and change the culture, but his talent evaluation,X and O’s, and in game decision making are not acceptable. We need to find a young up start with new ideas and a new coaching staff.  I think they have some talent to build upon, but we have some gaping holes.  It’s still shocking to me that a head coach and defensive coordinator that were both NFL linebackers could field a team that doesn’t have a single quality starting linebacker.  Maybe a change of schemes would help but our back 7 are mostly horrible.

Ron puts so much value in “position flex” we have a bunch of guys that aren’t great at anything.  Maybe we could try having one really good ILB and live with fact he might not play outside.  Maybe we could actually have  a RB playing RB ((I understand Robinson is out, but this is year 3 for Ron with WR’s splitting time a RB.)

All that said, I don’t believe Dan will fire Ron unless this year is catastrophic. 2-15, 3-14.  Unfortunately will probably win 5 or 6 and nothing will change.

We are panicking band if not we should be! Who cares what it looks like have you watched a game?

• Like 1

Likewise. I used to make sure I could find an online feed if it wasn't showing here, but I can't find it in myself this year. Just so demoralized. Remember when our defense was second in the league 2 years ago? Yeah, me neither.

Obviously if you analyze history, our demise can be traced back exactly to the demotion of Apke.

Apke was starting at safety in 2020. That was the last time this team was any good.

Then after the 2020 season he was demoted. First, as a backup. Then to the PS.

Ever since the date of Apke's demotion, it parallels perfectly with our downward slide.

Can't be a coincidence.

We don't need a firing. We need a promotion. Bring back the Trap !

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

I see Sean Payton on NFL pre game shows. What is the deal with him? Why are we paying Ron when a guy like Payton is available? 

I love Payton and would take him in a heartbeat, but I don't think he'd take $25 million a year of Danny-boy's money to come coach here.  He'll have a half-dozen better options to pick from.

44 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

I see Sean Payton on NFL pre game shows. What is the deal with him? Why are we paying Ron when a guy like Payton is available? 

The same Sean Payton that “retired” because he no longer had Drew Brees or a road to an elite QB?

He’s biding his time until the right job comes up, and this will never be the right job.

5 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

If Cowboys fire McCarthy after an average year, Payton prob goes to Dallas. If I had to take a wild guess

I bet he’s counting on that.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Payton said ownership and front office are his highest priorities in picking a spot.

That precludes this franchise.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1