Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜„

88Comrade2000

On 9/18/2022 at 8:07 PM, Conn said:

no comment on Sisko specifically, but just in generalโ€”you know how some people take a movie or band or book and make it a part of their identity? And others make hating those same things part of THEIR identity? The same thing happens with sports and sports opinions and it blinds people. They become more attached to what they are sure they know, and the passion behind that feeling, than to objectivity. Itโ€™s comforting for some.ย 

LOL, I've been pretty middle of the road on Wince, and still am. Basically, my position on him is that he can make some great deep plays but takes too many sacks, especially at inopportune times, and makes several wildly inaccurate throws, some of which end up being intercepted. That kind of player can keep you at or near .500 if the defense holds up its end of the bargain. Obviously the latter isn't happening.

ย 

On 9/18/2022 at 10:47 PM, Conn said:

Schoen and Daboll were a package deal, and a premium GM candidate like Schoen would never ever work for Snyderโ€”a situation where itโ€™s well known that one wild hair up the ownerโ€™s ass about a rookie QB or a FA can undo literal years of careful roster building. When are people going to finally internalize this obvious fact. Those GM candidates are not in play for us and never will be with Snyder around. Thatโ€™s why he is reduced to over-paying and over-promising power to Head Coaches who canโ€™t get that amount of power anywhere else. Thatโ€™s how he got Shanahan. Thatโ€™s how he got Rivera. Those are the best candidates he can getโ€”not up-and-coming, coveted Offensive Coordinators. Not pedigreed GM candidates. Older HCโ€™s who need another chance, who are willing to overlook the Snyder stench for football ops power they couldnโ€™t even dream of elsewhere.ย 

You know how some people take hating a movie or band, or book and make it part of their identity? That same thing can happen with team owners and it blinds people. They become more attached to what they are sure they know, and the passion behind that feeling, than to objectivity. Itโ€™s comforting for some.๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉย 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Weren't we rumored to be potentially hiring the Titans Assistant GM? I just find this notion that nobody wants to come here a little silly. NFL jobs don't exactly grow on trees and everyone's money spends.

ย 

It's very silly and a media creation.ย  ย ย 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Weren't we rumored to be potentially hiring the Titans Assistant GM? I just find this notion that nobody wants to come here a little silly. NFL jobs don't exactly grow on trees and everyone's money spends.

We didnโ€™t hire him, obviously. Coveted, pedigreed guys like him arenโ€™t going to go somewhere where they donโ€™t have final say as GM, theyโ€™ll stay getting paid extremely well by good organizations until the right opportunity comes along, because they might only get a chance to run their own show once. Those are the types of guys who donโ€™t want to come here, that fans should want running the show.ย 
ย 

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

ย 

It's very silly and a media creation.ย  ย ย 

So you think itโ€™s a coincidence that we only ever hire either re-treads who we give more power than anyone else would (Shanahan, Rivera) or guys nobody else was looking to hire (Zorn, Gruden)? And never draw real GM candidates from good organizations? Please. Hot up-and-coming coordinator types (the most common NFL HC hires every year) want to work with a good GM. Good, coveted GM candidates want to work for organizations that set them up for success and give them final say over their own roster. We donโ€™t offer those opportunities under Snyder.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

We didnโ€™t hire him, obviously. Coveted, pedigreed guys like him arenโ€™t going to go somewhere where they donโ€™t have final say as GM, theyโ€™ll stay getting paid extremely well by good organizations until the right opportunity comes along, because they might only get a chance to run their own show once. Those are the types of guys who donโ€™t want to come here, that fans should want running the show.ย 
ย 

So you think itโ€™s a coincidence that we only ever hire either re-treads who we give more power than anyone else would (Shanahan, Rivera) or guys nobody else was looking to hire (Zorn, Gruden)? And never draw real GM candidates from good organizations? Please.ย 

Everyone thought allen was a good hire. A GM with a good background and look what happened there.

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

Everyone thought allen was a good hire. A GM with a good background and look what happened there.

Plenty of people didnโ€™t like his hire, he wasnโ€™t a talent evaluator and had a horrid draft track record. People who got on board did so because of his family connection to Washington and because Shanahan chose him, and people were on board with Shanahan for the most part. And because we were delusion back then. But make no mistake, Shanahan had final say in those days (when he wasnโ€™t overridden by Snyder himself). Allen only gained more power over the team when his family friend Gruden goofed his way onto the scene and was just happy for the opportunity. Allen was not a coveted GM candidate, he was another nepotism-hire has-been who grew into a Snyder enabler. ย 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Conn said:

ย 

So you think itโ€™s a coincidence that we only ever hire either re-treads who we give more power than anyone else would (Shanahan, Rivera) or guys nobody else was looking to hire (Zorn, Gruden)? And never draw real GM candidates from good organizations? Please. Hot up-and-coming coordinator types (the most common NFL HC hires every year) want to work with a good GM. Good, coveted GM candidates want to work for organizations that set them up for success and give them final say over their own roster. We donโ€™t offer those opportunities under Snyder.

ย 

I never said we can get anybody we want or even the best people.ย  ย Just the idea nobody wants to come here is way overblown.ย ย 

ย 

I think there's a medium ground between re-treads and the hottest prospect that we could definitely get.ย  ย 

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Plenty of people didnโ€™t like his hire, he wasnโ€™t a talent evaluator and had a horrid draft track record. People who got on board did so because of his family connection to Washington and because Shanahan chose him, and people were on board with Shanahan for the most part. And because we were delusion back then. But make no mistake, Shanahan had final say in those days (when he wasnโ€™t overridden by Snyder himself). Allen only gained more power over the team when his family friend Gruden goofed his way onto the scene and was just happy for the opportunity. Allen was not a coveted GM candidate, he was another nepotism-hire has-been who grew into a Snyder enabler. ย 

Damn accurate write-up there. ย 

ย 

These are the Days of our Lives....

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2022 at 10:17 PM, evmiii said:

ย 

ย 

All that said, I donโ€™t believe Dan will fire Ron unless this year is catastrophic. 2-15, 3-14. ย Unfortunately will probably win 5 or 6 and nothing will change.

Ron will get 6 or 7 as usual. Then the next year as well. ย So maybe then. Only Cam allowed him to obtain great records. ย 
ย 

Least they arenโ€™t boring with the offensive weapons at least while we wait this out. Ron falls in love with a lot of average players.ย 

1 hour ago, tomwvr said:

ย 

ย 

LOL, not EVERYBODY. I was busting on Bruce Allen from day 1. He didn't do **** before coming here besides manage the cap for the Raiders and fail hard with the Bucs after they won the SB. He was never really a GM, he worked for Gruden after the Raiders. Kind of like how Mayhew works for Ron.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

ย 

ย 

LOL, not EVERYBODY. I was busting on Bruce Allen from day 1. He didn't do **** before coming here besides manage the cap for the Raiders and fail hard with the Bucs after they won the SB. He was never really a GM, he worked for Gruden after the Raiders. Kind of like how Mayhew works for Ron.

ย 

As I recall, Bruce was hired strictly to manage the cap--to handle the business side of football operations, in other words. There was no suggestion that he would be picking talent while Shanahan was around.

ย 

The fact that Dan kept Bruce around after Shanahan left and even promoted him into making football decisions is a far bigger indictment of Dan than iniitially bringing in Shanahan and Bruce as a package deal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, profusion said:

As I recall, Bruce was hired strictly to manage the cap--to handle the business side of football operations, in other words. There was no suggestion that he would be picking talent while Shanahan was around.

ย 

The fact that Dan kept Bruce around after Shanahan left and even promoted him into making football decisions is a far bigger indictment of Dan than iniitially bringing in Shanahan and Bruce as a package deal.

ย 

But it was more than obvious that Bruce would turn into his new Vinny.

ย 

Former HOF coaches son who had all those stories of "back in the day" when he was the ballboy, lol.

ย 

You just have to know that fanboy Doofus Dan would be all over that ****. And, he was.ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

He never did a damn thing except have a legacy name. End of talent

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

ย 

I never said we can get anybody we want or even the best people.ย  ย Just the idea nobody wants to come here is way overblown.ย ย 

ย 

I think there's a medium ground between re-treads and the hottest prospect that we could definitely get.ย  ย 

Okay, then youโ€™re needlessly arguing against a strawman argument that nobody is making. Obviously we can hire SOMEBODY, the problem is that theyโ€™ll be the same types of guys weโ€™ve been hiring for 20 years which arenโ€™t getting it done. And the reasons for that have been laid out a thousand times on this board. What most people want is a traditional FO setup where a stud, pedigreed talent evaluator-type GM candidate from a blue blood organization is hired and given complete control, and then hires his choice out of a pool of well-interviewed and coveted, up-and-coming, qualified HC candidates. Or worst case, this newer trend where the hot HC candidate has more power but comes as a package deal with a symbiotic GM candidate that heโ€™s already connected to. Either would be a DRASTIC departure from Snyderโ€™s history for us and replicate what most of the successful franchises are doing.ย 
ย 

That is what weโ€™re saying Snyder is not capable of doing. 1. He does not want to. 2. Even if he did, he has proven that that GM candidate would NEVER actually have final say. So they arenโ€™t actively pursued, and they donโ€™t want to come here.ย 
ย 

So you can save your time arguing the nonexistent point that โ€œnobody wants to work hereโ€, thatโ€™s not what anybody is ever saying. Weโ€™re just sick of settling for the candidates, and organizational structure, that he can pull.

Edited by Conn
  • Thumb up 1

ย  Geez, i take a break from football and everything goes to crap.

ย Oh, wait, that's the reason I TOOK a break.

ย 

ย A good while ago I did a thread about the good ol' Jack DelRio { A.K.A. Jack Del Taco } and i caught some flack about it. How ya like me now??!!

JDR was a man in the right place at the right time, success-wise. The players on his teams were successful, but as every single one of his journeys shows, his teams went south the following year[s], and subsequently he was fired.ย 

A coach/coordinator is only as good as the product they put on the field. They find strengths and weaknesses in opponents and strategize to counter or capitalize against them. They "teach" their players on what to do, how to do it, when to do it and what not to do. I've said it a hundred times before, a good coach makes good players, but in JDR's case its reversed, at least in his previous stints at various teams. The assistants also have some blame to swallow as well, but the product seen on the field, defensively-speaking, is garbage, and the one to should take responsibility is JDR.

This team doesn't have all-stars at every position, but there are more good players on defense than some believe, and with quality leadership, i'm talking about players willing to run through walls for, they'll achieve being a good solid defense, but JDR is not that guy; he never was; he never will be. The 'Zone Defense' in its bland form with no creativity can be picked apart by college QBs, yet he seems like the assistant on The WaterBoy, telling his Special Teams to just run laps.ย 

You can pretty much count on Philly running up the score; luckily its not on primetime or it would be worse; much worse. One more thing you can count on, and that's JDR, as the camera pans to him, having the 'deer-in-the-headlights' look on his face. He's lost. RR should tell him where to go, but they're tied to the hips, so the only way for a change to be made will be when the players turn on him...

ย 

SIC

ย 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, skinsfan93 said:

Fire anyone? Weโ€™re 1-1 in a 17 game season.
ย 

Geez Gibbs would have never survived after starting 0-5 if it was up to some of you guys!

But you're treating it as if this reaction is based on results in a vacuum. ย It's not.

ย 

Gibbs going 0-5 was in Year 1. ย Ron and company are in Year 3. ย The problems on D now existed all last year (and if you want to be honest, we looked very, very average against all the quality teams we played in 2020 then beat up on the crappy ones. ย Go watch those games. ย It was evident), into this past preseason, and now the 2022 season proper. ย 

ย 

I think the reaction to Del Rio is absolutely warranted.ย 

32 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Fire anyone? Weโ€™re 1-1 in a 17 game season.
ย 

Geez Gibbs would have never survived after starting 0-5 if it was up to some of you guys!

That was year one. Gibbs won a Super Bowl the second year. This is year three for Ron.

26 minutes ago, Redwards said:

But you're treating it as if this reaction is based on results in a vacuum. ย It's not.

ย 

Gibbs going 0-5 was in Year 1. ย Ron and company are in Year 3. ย The problems on D now existed all last year (and if you want to be honest, we looked very, very average against all the quality teams we played in 2020 then beat up on the crappy ones. ย Go watch those games. ย It was evident), into this past preseason, and now the 2022 season proper. ย 

ย 

I think the reaction to Del Rio is absolutely warranted.ย 

Yes it is year 3 but itโ€™s also 2 games into the season. Werenโ€™t you the one calling JDR a d#$& for calling out Jamin after one game? Criticize โ€ฆ go for it but firing anyone should wait till the end of the season.ย 

ย 

Iโ€™m of the opinion that our defense actually played a bit better last year given the fact we didnโ€™t have Chase for the second half and was playing Jamin as a rookie.ย 

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2022 at 4:13 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Doesnโ€™t matter. Fire everybody and bring in all new coaches and players and it will look the same. Just like it looked before our current coaches and players got here, and before that version of Snyder era Washington football, and before that one, and the one before that, and the one before that.

ย 

If we want to see winning football ever again, Snyder has to fire himself!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2