Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

I've felt since JDR got booed at training camp thing at FedEx this August that he was getting fired.Β 

Β 

Listening to Ron talk again about putting folks in position to be successful, it feels like only a matter of time.

Β 

Defense has talent to at least be middle of the pack instead of historically bad.Β  Historically bad could keep us out the playoffs, so a lot of pressure gonna build to fix that...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I've felt since JDR got booed at training camp thing at FedEx this August that he was getting fired.Β 

Β 

Listening to Ron talk again about putting folks in position to be successful, it feels like only a matter of time.

Β 

Defense has talent to at least be middle of the pack instead of historically bad.Β  Historically bad could keep us out the playoffs, so a lot of pressure gonna build to fix that...

Β 

Thats the thing that frustrates me, this D isn't without talent, I'm not saying it should be top 10 but also it shouldnt be bottom 5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Β 

Β 

This team isn't going to the playoffs.

Β 

AsΒ  long as this offense doesn't give up when they are down; the offense will fight to try to win the game. Thing is, this defense will counteract anything good done by the offense.

We are going to have to score over 30 likely to even have a chance of winning a game but our defense will likely allow 30+.Β  Β 

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Ron isn't without blame. But firing people after two games isn't the answer.

Β 

You will continue to get what you tolerate, whether it's mediocrity, inconsistency or ineptitude. At some point, pink slips need to be issued. Unless it's preseason, you do NOT lose to these damn Lions or to a Rhule-coached team. If you are out-coached by either, your ass needs to head to the door.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

This team isn't going to the playoffs.

Β 

AsΒ  long as this offense doesn't give up when they are down; the offense will fight to try to win the game. Thing is, this defense will counteract anything good done by the offense.

We are going to have to score over 30 likely to even have a chance of winning a game but our defense will likely allow 30+.Β  Β 

Β 

I said 9-8 to start the season, 7 playoff teams when pretty much all the good young QBs are in the AFC, I still like our chances to sneak in.Β  Offense is jus too dynamic to count this team out already...

• Like 2

Discouraging to see the team seem unprepared out of the gate on both sides of the ball.

Β 

Encouraging to see the effort in the comeback, and the offense is very exciting.Β  But the decision making at the end makes me wonder if Ron is any better than Mike McCarthy as a coach.Β  Going for two when it was unnecessary. And then the clock management when we got inside the 5 at the end. With less than 2:30 left and needing the ball back after you score, you can't waste time there and deprive yourself the option of kicking it deep. But Ron's gonna Ron.

Β 

Actually, Slye should be cut. You can't shank that XP. And what the hell was that onside attempt on the ensuing kickoff?

• Like 3

Rivera. I’ve been patient enough.Β 
Β 

He’s a good guy and, IMO, that’s the only thing that’s really helped him keep his job. Let’s not forget that this franchise is always a train wreck from a PR perspective. They can’t afford to have a coach who’s a douche.Β 
Β 

So yeah, Ron, good guy. That’s it.Β 
Β 

Needs to take JDR with him, too. Now I’m under no illusion that this team would be demonstrably better with other coaches but these guys gotta go.Β 
Β 

Time to start over. Again.Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Ronald Rivera and Jackson Del Rio can get the boot. Promote Norv Jr to head coach.Β 

Promote the worst coach of all of them to head coach?Β  Smart.

Β 

Turner should have been fired last year.Β  At least JDR didnt get a bunch of new expensive players this offseason.Β Β 

Β 

Really, Rivera should have been fired years ago(or really never hired) but Danny had to cover his butt.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Ron isn't without blame. But firing people after two games isn't the answer.

Sometimes you have to send a message. I don’t think anybody’s getting fired this week, but if they’re still giving up points like hot cakes against Philly, heads need to start rolling.Β 

4 minutes ago, dunfer said:

how does payne and allen let them gut us for 10 yeards right up the middle against a backup center and backup guards all first half?

Β 

HOW?Β  is it a linebacker missing his hole or what?

Blame the brilliance of the personnel department in Ashburn who gutted the DT position and had Payne playing on the last year of a contract with nothing looming for him yet. Who’s the guy who has that final say again… ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

Blame the brilliance of the personnel department in Ashburn who gutted the DT position and had Payne playing on the last year of a contract with nothing looming for him yet. Who’s the guy who has that final say again… ?

Β 

Hard to argue with that.

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Β 

Hard to argue with that.

Β 

Β 

4 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

so youre saying its a contract year....dude needs to show up

19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Β 

I said 9-8 to start the season, 7 playoff teams when pretty much all the good young QBs are in the AFC, I still like our chances to sneak in.Β  Offense is jus too dynamic to count this team out already...

We'll see.Β  I said 8-9.Β  We are trending towards 6-11/7-10.Β  Philly could sweep us. Giants and even Dallas probably win one against us.

Β 

We will get a better picture in about a month but I have no faith on this rollercoaster team and injuries is bound to impact us more and more.

Β 

Β 

8 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

It’s enough that he, Ron and the entire staff need to go.Β 

Β 

I can't get down with getting rid of Ron.

Β 

If we want to blame him for the defense, have to give him credit for this offense that's averaging 27ppg this season so far.

Β 

Not to mention, we typically follow up established coaches with experiments...be careful what you wish for...

• Like 1

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

We'll see.Β  I said 8-9.Β  We are trending towards 6-11/7-10.Β  Philly could sweep us. Giants and even Dallas probably win one against us.

Β 

We will get a better picture in about a month but I have no faith on this rollercoaster team and injuries is bound to impact us more and more.

Β 

Having a last place schedule helps us a lot, but only so much if they can't make the defense semi-average...agree injuries already killing our thin oline, that got exploited pretty badly in first half today