Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

3 hours ago, WEARE1554 said:

Chris Harris is who you replace JDR with

the guy who coaches the unit with the most communication errors and the least chemistry?

3 hours ago, The Sisko said:

JDR and Carson Wince for starters.

what? Wentz and our receivers are the only things good about this team right now, let go of the offseason narratives and biases.Β 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

The Wentz hate has got to stop.Β  This is the best offense we have had since Kirk Cousins.Β  I would even say this offense has a higher ceiling than the 2016 team.Β  The last thing we need is to bring another young QB into this dumpster fire.Β  Those who think Wentz is the problem doesn't know **** about football, yes I said it.Β  The Colts are the worst team in football, Wentz made them look at least average last year.Β Β 

Β 

JDR needs to be fired.Β  This defense was historically bad last year and look even worse this year.Β  Talent wise, we are average and not historically bad.Β  I blame all of that on coaching.Β  I don't care who to promote, literally anyone is better than Rio.Β Β 

• Like 11
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I wouldn’t think @The SiskoΒ would be the dude rolling in with the bad takes but here we are…

no comment on Sisko specifically, but just in generalβ€”you know how some people take a movie or band or book and make it a part of their identity? And others make hating those same things part of THEIR identity? The same thing happens with sports and sports opinions and it blinds people. They become more attached to what they are sure they know, and the passion behind that feeling, than to objectivity. It’s comforting for some.Β 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ntotoro said:

Blame the brilliance of the personnel department in Ashburn who gutted the DT position and had Payne playing on the last year of a contract with nothing looming for him yet. Who’s the guy who has that final say again… ?

It that guy with the initials R R

• Like 2

Changing things now probably has very little effect on this year. Β Firing a coach now looks like you are panicking. Β After this year, I think Ron and Jack must go. Β Ron was what was needed to help re-establish some credibility and change the culture, but his talent evaluation,X and O’s, and in game decision making are not acceptable. We need to find a young up start with new ideas and a new coaching staff. Β I think they have some talent to build upon, but we have some gaping holes. Β It’s still shocking to me that a head coach and defensive coordinator that were both NFL linebackers could field a team that doesn’t have a single quality starting linebacker. Β Maybe a change of schemes would help but our back 7 are mostly horrible.

Β 

Ron puts so much value in β€œposition flex” we have a bunch of guys that aren’t great at anything. Β Maybe we could try having one really good ILB and live with fact he might not play outside. Β Maybe we could actually have Β a RB playing RB ((I understand Robinson is out, but this is year 3 for Ron with WR’s splitting time a RB.)

Β 

All that said, I don’t believe Dan will fire Ron unless this year is catastrophic. 2-15, 3-14. Β Unfortunately will probably win 5 or 6 and nothing will change.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, evmiii said:

Changing things now probably has very little effect on this year. Β Firing a coach now looks like you are panicking. Β After this year, I think Ron and Jack must go. Β Ron was what was needed to help re-establish some credibility and change the culture, but his talent evaluation,X and O’s, and in game decision making are not acceptable. We need to find a young up start with new ideas and a new coaching staff. Β I think they have some talent to build upon, but we have some gaping holes. Β It’s still shocking to me that a head coach and defensive coordinator that were both NFL linebackers could field a team that doesn’t have a single quality starting linebacker. Β Maybe a change of schemes would help but our back 7 are mostly horrible.

Β 

Ron puts so much value in β€œposition flex” we have a bunch of guys that aren’t great at anything. Β Maybe we could try having one really good ILB and live with fact he might not play outside. Β Maybe we could actually have Β a RB playing RB ((I understand Robinson is out, but this is year 3 for Ron with WR’s splitting time a RB.)

Β 

All that said, I don’t believe Dan will fire Ron unless this year is catastrophic. 2-15, 3-14. Β Unfortunately will probably win 5 or 6 and nothing will change.

I agree. We'll be lucky to win 7 and Dan will still keep him. I wish Ron came here 3 or 4 years ago so that he'd been gone after last year and we could have picked up who the Giants have now. Of course that probably wouldn't have happened anyways because Dan never has a clue.Β 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

I agree. We'll be lucky to win 7 and Dan will still keep him. I wish Ron came here 3 or 4 years ago so that he'd been gone after last year and we could have picked up who the Giants have now. Of course that probably wouldn't have happened anyways because Dan never has a clue.Β 

Schoen and Daboll were a package deal, and a premium GM candidate like Schoen would never ever work for Snyderβ€”a situation where it’s well known that one wild hair up the owner’s ass about a rookie QB or a FA can undo literal years of careful roster building. When are people going to finally internalize this obvious fact. Those GM candidates are not in play for us and never will be with Snyder around. That’s why he is reduced to over-paying and over-promising power to Head Coaches who can’t get that amount of power anywhere else. That’s how he got Shanahan. That’s how he got Rivera. Those are the best candidates he can getβ€”not up-and-coming, coveted Offensive Coordinators. Not pedigreed GM candidates. Older HC’s who need another chance, who are willing to overlook the Snyder stench for football ops power they couldn’t even dream of elsewhere.Β 

• Like 3

I don’t know where to go from here because I truly don’t think we can do better.Β 

But does anyone truly think we have this in our organization, in our locker room?
Β 

Β 

We’re partway there. You can see glimpses of it. But it feels like there’s a division on the defensive side of the ball at the least, this is not a united team ready to go β€œus against the world” even though we have every reason to have a chip on our shoulders as big as the Lions’.Β 

Herm Edward's for DC?Β  He just got fired from his AZ state HC job.Β  Some guys just make excellent coordinators and nothing more.Β  I'll take any of the retread coaches out there.Β  It really seems like JDR is coaching in 2012 before this pass first league came into its own.

Β 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, SkinsWmsbg said:

Herm Edward's for DC?Β  He just got fired from his AZ state HC job.Β  Some guys just make excellent coordinators and nothing more.Β  I'll take any of the retread coaches out there.Β  It really seems like JDR is coaching in 2012 before this pass first league came into its own.

Β 

somehow I don’t think Herm Edwards is going to be the guy to modernize our defense if that’s what you’re afterΒ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If some of you owned the team you'd be firing guys after every loss..Β  lol

Β 

With that being said Del Rio needs to be fired. After that performance I would have fired him after the game and told him to find his own way home. Don't come back to the facility. We'll put your sh&t in a box and send it to you.Β 

3 hours ago, Daniel.redskins said:

The Wentz hate has got to stop.Β  This is the best offense we have had since Kirk Cousins.Β  I would even say this offense has a higher ceiling than the 2016 team.Β  The last thing we need is to bring another young QB into this dumpster fire.Β  Those who think Wentz is the problem doesn't know **** about football, yes I said it.Β  The Colts are the worst team in football, Wentz made them look at least average last year.Β Β 

Β 

JDR needs to be fired.Β  This defense was historically bad last year and look even worse this year.Β  Talent wise, we are average and not historically bad.Β  I blame all of that on coaching.Β  I don't care who to promote, literally anyone is better than Rio.Β Β 

Wha??????

Β 

So first, this offense isnt that good.Β  Wentz isnt close to the issue, but garbage time, late game scores against two of last years worst teams doesnt make an offense.Β  Turner is horrible.Β  Second, the defense was historically bad last year?Β  It wasnt good, but what in the world are you on about?Β  They werent even in the bottom 5 in the NFL last year, so not sure thats very historic.Β  Talent wise, the defense is horrible past the dline.Β  We have no back 7, and didnt do anything to address that this offseason because Riverboat Ron was gambling on giving all of the assets to the man who doesnt have a clue what to do with them.Β  Talent wise this is a bad defense, just like the offense is overrated.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some kickers coming in for tryouts on Tuesday.Β 

Β 

As for coaches, nobody's going anywhere right now. I would think that - worst case scenario - if the defense falters for a few more games, maybe Ron takes over playcalling the D. Probably wouldn't help a whole lot, but it would send a message that Ron has zero confidence left in JDR.Β 

Β 

If the team really lays an egg this season, Ron still might get another year. He was hired to be a culture change ambassador as much as a HC, and he's taken that very seriously. His beating cancer while coaching that first season was inspirational. If Danny lets him go, people throughout the league will see him as more of an asshole than they already think he is.Β 

24 minutes ago, Conn said:

I don’t know where to go from here because I truly don’t think we can do better.Β 

But does anyone truly think we have this in our organization, in our locker room?
Β 

Β 

We’re partway there. You can see glimpses of it. But it feels like there’s a division on the defensive side of the ball at the least, this is not a united team ready to go β€œus against the world” even though we have every reason to have a chip on our shoulders as big as the Lions’.Β 

Β 

I mean it's definitely a feel good story in the moment for Detroit, but they are also still....Detroit. I wouldn't go and make any grand proclamations about their coach and/or team being headed somewhere just yet.Β  It's not like Detroit was been devoid of some elite talent over the years, hell they had Stafford for almost a decade, Megatron, Barry Sanders etc etc....and still found ways every season to not be any good.Β  For all we know today's game was a Week 2 game that in the big picture doesn't mean much for either team.Β  Β How many times have we seen the Commanders/R-Skins get worked over by an opponent and we all convinced ourselves that the opponent must be better than anyone expected, only to see that team go right back to losing games the following weeks/months.Β  Β 

35 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Β 

I mean it's definitely a feel good story in the moment for Detroit, but they are also still....Detroit. I wouldn't go and make any grand proclamations about their coach and/or team being headed somewhere just yet.Β  It's not like Detroit was been devoid of some elite talent over the years, hell they had Stafford for almost a decade, Megatron, Barry Sanders etc etc....and still found ways every season to not be any good.Β  For all we know today's game was a Week 2 game that in the big picture doesn't mean much for either team.Β  Β How many times have we seen the Commanders/R-Skins get worked over by an opponent and we all convinced ourselves that the opponent must be better than anyone expected, only to see that team go right back to losing games the following weeks/months.Β  Β 

I wasn’t really commenting on their destiny or talent as a team, rather the vibe they’ve got going on that we seemingly never have. In fact I thought Campbell was pretty gimmicky last year (and even on Hard Knocks where everyone seemed to love him) and that as a β€œculture guy” rather than some sort of X’s and O’s savant, he’d wear out his welcome with the players quickly when things weren’t going well, in the vein of the unsuccessful Harbaugh (although he’s more of an asshole rah-rah type whereas Campbell has empathy and some seriously high Emotional IQ working for him)…so all that said, what I was really pointing out there was that locker room. Even after our win in week 1 and giving the ball to Wentz and all that, I didn’t get that sort of unified vibe or passion for the win.Β 
Β 

It’s not scientific but given Rivera is the β€œleader of men” type just like Campbellβ€”both around the game forever, both ex-players. I just notice a different response from the players with Campbell, idk. In the Game Day Thread I described Rivera as more of a placid, dependable, calm influence like a simple preacher, just a good family man who lives his values. Rather than the type of inspirer who has guys wanting to run through brick walls for him. Is that enough to build a football culture around? We’re in the process of finding out.Β 

Edited by Conn

7 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

Sometimes you have to send a message. I don’t think anybody’s getting fired this week, but if they’re still giving up points like hot cakes against Philly, heads need to start rolling.Β 

Β 

Send a message to whom? Most players/coaches in the NFL already know they're not going to last long. It's not like people are swimming in false job security

18 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Ronald Rivera and Jackson Del Rio can get the boot. Promote Norv Jr to head coach.Β 

Β 

The first three defensive drives were 3 & Out, Goal line stand, and field goal, but I missed where the Offense helped keep the defense fresh and off the field in the first half.

Β 

Washington didn't gain it's 57th yard from scrimmage until the 3rd quarter. I heard Jonathan Vilma mention that the first 15 plays are scripted, but are they barred from making adjustments prior to halftime?

Β 

Blame should not be confined to Del Rio.

Edited by CTskins

12 hours ago, Conn said:

Β 

Β 

Meh, every locker room is like that after a win more or less.

If and basically when JDR can’t scheme up anything to stop the Eagles, that will be enough for me to solidify that he needs to go.

Β 

Not because anyone behind him is ready to do better, but because a statement needs to be made. Β I’m aware of the talent deficit, but he’s doing nothing to mask it. They are playing about as poorly as they can possibly play as it really can’t get much worse. Β I’m not asking the guy to turn poop to ice cream, but at least mask the stench of the poop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1