Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

The only thing that RR has done is bring a little and IΒ mean a little respect back to the organization.Β  He was handed a gong show to navigate.Β  To that end he has done a good job.Β  Is he a good man, I have a lot of respect for him and he is highly respected within the league.Β  However, you are what your record is, especially in a zero sum game, somebody wins, somebody losses.Β  Maybe, just maybe he is not a good football coach.Β  Maybe that Carolina season was a fluke.Β  His overall record would suggest that it was.Β Β 

Β 

It's hard for me not to root for him, especially considering what he endured personally.

Β 

JDR, is obvious.Β  I mean teams move the ball at will, it looks like 7v7 out there.Β Β 

Β 

I posted this once before, I think the worst thing that could of happened was that they won the division with that 7-9 record.Β  You have to look at the games we won that year.Β  NO Dak, SF had a ton of injuries, Pittsburgh struggled a lot.Β Β 

Β 

False sense of what this team actually was, especially defensively.

Β 

Furthermore, we are so desperately wanting them to win, that I even thought Heincke could be special after the way he played against Tampa.Β  But I am blinded because I want them to win badly.Β  I do not think we can, as a collective, distinguish between real progress and a year were the breaks go your way.Β Β 

Β 

Snyder just go away please.

14 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So you’re telling me there’s *not* a chance……. :(Β 

Β 

(See what I did there? Huh?)

Β 

Β 

Β 

I got you.Β  Well played LloydΒ πŸ˜‚.Β Β 

Β 

No no, there is no chance whatsoever.Β  Sad but the truth can be sad sometimes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Okay, then you’re needlessly arguing against a strawman argument that nobody is making. Obviously we can hire SOMEBODY, the problem is that they’ll be the same types of guys we’ve been hiring for 20 years which aren’t getting it done. And the reasons for that have been laid out a thousand times on this board. What most people want is a traditional FO setup where a stud, pedigreed talent evaluator-type GM candidate from a blue blood organization is hired and given complete control, and then hires his choice out of a pool of well-interviewed and coveted, up-and-coming, qualified HC candidates. Or worst case, this newer trend where the hot HC candidate has more power but comes as a package deal with a symbiotic GM candidate that he’s already connected to. Either would be a DRASTIC departure from Snyder’s history for us and replicate what most of the successful franchises are doing.Β 
Β 

That is what we’re saying Snyder is not capable of doing. 1. He does not want to. 2. Even if he did, he has proven that that GM candidate would NEVER actually have final say. So they aren’t actively pursued, and they don’t want to come here.Β 
Β 

So you can save your time arguing the nonexistent point that β€œnobody wants to work here”, that’s not what anybody is ever saying. We’re just sick of settling for the candidates, and organizational structure, that he can pull.

Β 

There are two questions...Can we get a quality personnel guy who would have final say on the roster and hire his coach?Β  Β  Β Will Dan ever do it?

Β 

I think we can...maybe not the best, but definitely better than the Gruden/Zorn or re-tread Personnel guys like Hurney,Β Β 

Β 

I have no idea if Dan would ever do it.Β  He obviously hasn't shown that he would, but I do believe that Rivera has had final say, so maybe if Dan could a tope personnel guy, he would do it again.Β  I don't know.Β  Β Also, that personnel guy would have seen that Rivera had final say and knows that Dan is actually capable of that.

Β 

Having said all that, here's hoping Rivera gets it together.Β  I'm highly skeptical.Β Β 

everyone-the-professional.gif

Β 

I've been calling for JDR to get fired since before the season.. keeping him this long in this role is borderline incompetence on Ron's part... he might be sealing his own fate by keeping JDR this year.Β 

Edited by oraphus
  • Like 3

FWIW, I'm not with those saying RR should be fired. The exception to that is if he's willing to go down with the ship holding onto JDR. RR was given a crap roster that still hasn't been fully restocked. Some of that is bad drafting, *COUGH* *Young* and *COUGH* *Davis* *COUGH*. However, there's also his loyalty to JDR holding us back. I'd give him another year if he's willing to part with Del Taco. However, next year would be the hot seat year.

The number one thing a coach in professional sports must have is the players trust and respect. If a coach doesn't have that from his players then he's just spitting into the wind. It's reached the point with Del Rio that his X's and O's don't matter. He lost the players trust and respect and they're not going to play with the intensity and discipline that is needed to have a good NFL defense.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

Yes it is year 3 but it’s also 2 games into the season. Weren’t you the one calling JDR a d#$& for calling out Jamin after one game? Criticize … go for it but firing anyone should wait till the end of the season.Β 

Β 

I’m of the opinion that our defense actually played a bit better last year given the fact we didn’t have Chase for the second half and was playing Jamin as a rookie.Β 

Calling out Jamin after one game was terrible. Β But that doesn't mean the kid didn't suck. Β Just don't admonish him in front of everyone. Β Do it behind closed doors.

Β 

And Chase was playing like crap except for being serviceable against the run now and then last year before he got hurt. Β Not having Chase on the line the last part of the year actually BOOSTED our pass rush. Β 

Β 

The book is out on JDR. Β The sample size is there. Β The guy is unimaginative, runs simple schemes, and clearly has not gotten even remotely enough out of the players on that side of the ball. Β This should be a top half defense by now at least. Β It's not. Β 5 first rounders and the defense stinks after 3 years. Β No way that's acceptable and not JDR's fault, IMO. Β 

If the scheme is so simple (and I’m not saying it isn’t) then why do we have so many obvious communication issues/breakdowns in understanding of where someone needs to be? Almost everyone on the field has been in the system multiple years. So is it simple?Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Conn said:

If the scheme is so simple (and I’m not saying it isn’t) then why do we have so many obvious communication issues/breakdowns in understanding of where someone needs to be? Almost everyone on the field has been in the system multiple years. So is it simple?Β 

Β 

Β I've been thinking the exact same thing.Β  And it's hardly just this year, we've seen these breakdowns for years now.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The Sisko said:

FWIW, I'm not with those saying RR should be fired. The exception to that is if he's willing to go down with the ship holding onto JDR. RR was given a crap roster that still hasn't been fully restocked. Some of that is bad drafting, *COUGH* *Young* and *COUGH* *Davis* *COUGH*. However, there's also his loyalty to JDR holding us back. I'd give him another year if he's willing to part with Del Taco. However, next year would be the hot seat year.

Lol young was the defense rookie of the year calling that bad drafting is not only short sighted but makes you look incompetent. Let's wait until he's back to fill strength before we write him off.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

Lol young was the defense rookie of the year calling that bad drafting is not only short sighted but makes you look incompetent. Let's wait until he's back to fill strength before we write him off.

Young may or may not be a bust. However, assuming he's not, would you rather have a great DE or a franchise QB, i.e. Herbert? If your answer is the DE, that would reflect poorly on your competence.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 11:33 AM, The Sisko said:

Young may or may not be a bust. However, assuming he's not, would you rather have a great DE or a franchise QB, i.e. Herbert? If your answer is the DE, that would reflect poorly on your competence.

I think Dallas has gotten more out of Parsons than we've gotten out of Haskins, Sweat, Young and Davis combined....Chase Young and Sweat need to step up.

• Like 3

Fire them?

Β 

Surely you jest.

Β 

They deserve far worse for their crimes against our franchise.

Β 

I say we get medieval.

Β 

Pillory them and leave them in the market square. Have the town crier announce their misdeeds and shame to all passers by.

Β 

Then let us pelt them mercilessly with rotten fruit, day old mackerel, spoiled eggs, diseased racoons, and used condoms.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

image.png.eefe8015c8caa39539f4de6cf87b7fdc.png

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

On 9/21/2022 at 9:32 AM, Conn said:

Β 

Who cares if it's simple if folks are being put in the wrong position constantly?

Β 

I remember when Haslett was here and it was said he ran the exact same system as the Steelers.Β  The difference was he called the defense in a way that if something didn't go right, it was "players fault for not doing it the right way", versus calling the defense to the strength of his players and better catered to each opponent.Β  He was more running plays out the Steelers defensive playbook then actually running the Steelers defense. If that makes sense.

15 hours ago, illone said:

JDR captain "dustup" seems like the obvious choice, but it might be a few more L's before that happens...

Political bias….JDR hadn’t been better or worse than many other def coordinators we’ve had. The fact is Ron riveras talent evaluation skills are junk and the defense has sub par linebackers with a front 4 thats overhyped, and a secondary that lolligags around half a**ed jogging to ball carriers etc. so yeah we can fire jdr I’m sure a lot of u would be happy but it wont change much.

On 9/21/2022 at 11:09 AM, ZarG3 said:

Β 

Meh,Β  Every team has injures, you can't use that excuse.Β  As for Chase Young he has had 1/2 of a great season, the rest of his games have been fairly pedestrian. He has 9 sacks in 24 career games and I can't see how his return will change things a lot,Β Β 

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Β 

Who cares if it's simple if folks are being put in the wrong position constantly?

Β 

I remember when Haslett was here and it was said he ran the exact same system as the Steelers.Β  The difference was he called the defense in a way that if something didn't go right, it was "players fault for not doing it the right way", versus calling the defense to the strength of his players and better catered to each opponent.Β  He was more running plays out the Steelers defensive playbook then actually running the Steelers defense. If that makes sense.

It would have been shorter to just say that you also don’t actually know if it’s simple or not or if that’s message board hearsay. If it’s simple we have the dumbest and least athletic players to ever grace the NFL. If our players are of average intelligence Β then the scheme is too complex for veterans after multiple years in the system. Or it’s neither and we don’t have enough athleticism to play out the schemes as they β€œwork” on paper, and no one’s adjusting. And there are more options.
Β 

My point is, I’m not a JDR fan at all. He should be fired for a multitude of reasons. But there seem to be many, many points of failure here from talent acquisition, to technical position coaching, to play-calling, to game-planning and general schematic philosophy, to communicating pre-snap, to assignment errors post-snap, to accountability in the building, to lack of reasonable adjustment in-game and in future game-planning.
Β 

It’s a ****show all the way through so it bugs me when people try to state with authority that it’s β€œobviously” one thing or another. β€œThe scheme is too simple JDR is stuck in the early 2000’s, there’s talent on this defense not being utilized”, β€œthe position groups are being taught different things and not communicating”, β€œnobody’s being put in the right position” etc. Some of that, a lot of that, or all of that can be true. But almost nobody who comments on it (including me) seems to actually know a damn thing about defensive schemes other thanβ€”ours is not working.Β 

• Like 1

@ConnΒ my comments about Haslett came from a combination of former players and local beat reporters not too long after he was let go.

Β 

As for JDR, @SkinsinparadiseΒ keeps posting the same analysis from Jay Gruden on JDR over and over again.Β  To me it doesn't sound so simple that our players are stupid if they don't get it, it's so simple the opposing offense keeps figuring it out leaving our defensive players helpless whether they are in proper position or not.Β  That's different...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1