Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

2 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Β 

Brian Mitchell gets pretty animated on the radio when this topic comes up. He says the fact is that there are some NFL players who only show up to get a paycheck because they just so happened to be good at playing football all their lives. They lack an internal drive to WIN, however. If someone is only putting in 50% then the other guys on the team have to exert even more effort to make up for it...and will become resentful for having to do so, which of course undermines team morale.

I thought we had a good culture. At least that is what kept being said.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Simmsy said:

1. So, we getting a new GM too, or is the Vikings guy going to take over?

Β 

2. Is no one else concerned that the person shaping up the future of the team is from the NBA and not NFL?

They’re advisors who are apparently advising Harris to interview all the best, most coveted GM and HC candidates…so no, no concern from me. Seems like a very thorough, intentional, and appropriate process so far.Β 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„
On 12/21/2023 at 8:55 AM, profusion said:

Β 

Has trading for a coach ever worked out? The only time that might qualify would be the Bucs trading for Jon Gruden and then immediately winning the title. He did it with Dungy's players, though, and never got close to that again. It's just as likely the Bucs would have won that year with Dungy, anyway, because that team was amazing.

Β 

And yes, trading for Tomlin would be a quintessential Danny Boy move. I see nothing in the record supporting the idea that Josh would do that. He's going to want a fresher, analytics-focused hire.

The Patriots traded picks to the Jets for Belichick. That worked out pretty well.

On 1/8/2024 at 9:20 AM, zCommander said:

Β 

He posted earlier in this thread. The sentence was coherent so I think he is okay πŸ˜‚

Β 

On 1/8/2024 at 9:21 AM, Chris 44 said:

Thats surprising...lol

Β 

I'm just now seeing this and quite frankly I'm flabbergasted. :ols:

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2024 at 9:24 AM, clskinsfan said:

Yeah. That one surprised me. That is a decent team. Just a QB away from success imo. Now they start over.Β 

Β 

He is a good OC, but Arthur Smith was in over his head at HC.Β  Juggling his QBs like he did, and throwing away surefire wins like the two games he lost to us.Β  Losing to the Panthers.Β  Not being able to beat the Bucs.Β  He lost that game to us this year off of procedural penalties that minimally competent operations avoid.Β  Couldn't get the damn calls in on time.Β  Not being able to score at all when you've spent so much on your OL and then three xonsecutop ten picks on your weapons is damning.Β  I think he was pretty bad, and they cut bait on time to try and salvage all of the young talent they've accumulated on offense, but they have a tough path to finding a QB this off-season.Β  We could be them if the bottom hadn't fallen out for us on defense this year.

Β 

Arthur Smith was well liked though, and they are definitely going to be sad if they lose Ryan Nielsen.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Β 

He is a good OC, but Arthur Smith was in over his head at HC.Β  Juggling his QBs like he did, and throwing away surefire wins like the two games he lost to us.Β  Losing to the Panthers.Β  Not being able to beat the Bucs.Β  He lost that game to us this year off of procedural penalties that minimally competent operations avoid.Β  Couldn't get the damn calls in on time.Β  Not being able to score at all when you've spent so much on your OL and then three xonsecutop ten picks on your weapons is damning.Β  I think he was pretty bad, and they cut bait on time to try and salvage all of the young talent they've accumulated on offense, but they have a tough path to finding a QB this off-season.Β  We could be them if the bottom hadn't fallen out for us on defense this year.

Β 

Arthur Smith was well liked though, and they are definitely going to be sad if they lose Ryan Nielsen.

Β 

Yeah, Nielsen was very impressive as a DC. Β I think they'll be OK if they go after Kirk big time in FA. Β He's there one Ace in the sleeve. Β Minnesota can't franchise him and Kirk has always been all about the money all things equal. Β Where is he going to find a combination of OL and skill anywhere else? Β Blank is 82 and wants to win now. Β He's going to back up the brinks truck for Kirk. Β I can't see NE trading down from 3 and passing on Jayden Daniels, so Atlanta has no option in the draft.

Β 

If not Kirk, then I could see Jacoby being a big target for them in FA. Β He'll take care of the ball and has been beloved everywhere he's been in the NFL.

Β 

I wonder if the new coach keeps Nielsen considering what a turnaround the defense made under him? Β Same thing in Carolina with Evero who also fielded really good defenses with bad offenses in Denver as well.

Edited by mhd24

19 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Β 

Yeah, Nielsen was very impressive as a DC. Β I think they'll be OK if they go after Kirk big time in FA. Β He's there one Ace in the sleeve. Β Minnesota can't franchise him and Kirk has always been all about the money all things equal. Β Where is he going to find a combination of OL and skill anywhere else? Β Blank is 82 and wants to win now. Β He's going to back up the brinks truck for Kirk. Β I can't see NE trading down from 3 and passing on Jayden Daniels, so Atlanta has no option in the draft.

Β 

If not Kirk, then I could see Jacoby being a big target for them in FA. Β He'll take care of the ball and has been beloved everywhere he's been in the NFL.

Β 

I wonder if the new coach keeps Nielsen considering what a turnaround the defense made under him? Β Same thing in Carolina with Evero who also fielded really good defenses with bad offenses in Denver as well.

I am hoping we steal Nielsen. I would bet he joins the mix as a HC candidate himself in a year or two. Very impressive job he did with the talent he had

Edited by method man

On 1/12/2024 at 6:26 AM, mhd24 said:

Β 

I would expect them to, unless they get Belichick and he wants to bring in his own network of assistants.Β  Good coaching talent gets lost in regime change, as happened with O'Connell when Ron took over.

Β 

I like what I've heard about Nielsen's teaching ability.Β  We're going to have to develop a ton of young players on defense over the next few seasons, and Nielsen has expertise in teaching DLs.Β  We really could have used that back when we had four first round picks on our line.

On 1/12/2024 at 7:58 PM, srtman04 said:

Did Ron find another NFL gig yet?Β  πŸ˜†

He knew he was gone early in the season imo. Just my stretch of a take but I wonder if he was trying to shore up at least a DC job by canning JDR and taking over Defense, figured he could put it on tape that he’s still got the chops, he didn’t lol

• Haha 1

• Jumbo locked this topic