Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Β 

I can't get down with getting rid of Ron.

Β 

If we want to blame him for the defense, have to give him credit for this offense that's averaging 27ppg this season so far.

Β 

Not to mention, we typically follow up established coaches with experiments...be careful what you wish for...

Why? He picked the coaches. He has final say on personnel. Only reason to keep him at this point is optics.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Why? He picked the coaches. He has final say on personnel. Only reason to keep him at this point is optics.

Β 

He also got us through one the ugliest off the field periods in our history with about as much class as one can ask for while fighting cancer...

Β 

If they don't turn around the defense this season, expect an all hands on deck approach similar to what they did to address QB this offseason.

Β 

I'm open to not renewing him if we go into 2023 and still aren't a playoff team...it might may never happen if it doesn't happen here or next season...

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

Firing Ron won't happen but he has to get a grip on this defensive issue.Β  Shawn Springs was just on the radio and his comments were that the team needs to admit they cant get home with 4 and adjust their scheme, until they do don't expect anything different.

Β 

Its up to Ron to figure this out if Jack can't.Β 

• Like 2

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Β 

He also got us through one the ugliest off the field periods in our history with about as much class as one can ask for while fighting cancer...

Β 

If they don't turn around the defense this season, expect an all hands on deck approach similar to what they did to address QB this offseason.

Β 

I'm open to not renewing him if we go into 2023 and still aren't a playoff team...it might may never happen if it doesn't happen here or next season...

Not trying to take that away from him, but we’re giving him credit for treating people like human beings, which is common sense to me. The league got Dan out if the way temporarily… sort of. He’s a good dude, I have no doubt. Just completely looks to me that the only reason he’s kept on is because of how bad it would look if Dan got rid of another coach.Β 
Β 

He’s also ultimately responsible for the Offense that took 25 minutes today to score a single first down and is the reason why the DT position is so thin. The way the team has shown up is inexcusable and is likely one of the reasons Carolina fired him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Sorry to say, but this defense will not suddenly get significantly better when Chase Young comes back. Β It might get marginally better, but that’s it. Β So, what you see right now on defense (allowing opponents to convert 3rd-and-longs to 1st downs; opponents’ WRs abusing the linebackers and secondary; no sacks; no turnovers) is what you’re going to get for the rest of the year unless the team gets rid of JDR now.

7 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Not trying to take that away from him, but we’re giving him credit for treating people like human beings, which is common sense to me. The league got Dan out if the way temporarily… sort of. He’s a good dude, I have no doubt. Just completely looks to me that the only reason he’s kept on is because of how bad it would look if Dan got rid of another coach.Β 
Β 

Β 

Which isn't common in our recent history, so why expect that from our next HC?

Β 

7 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

He’s also ultimately responsible for the Offense that took 25 minutes today to score a single first down and is the reason why the DT position is so thin. The way the team has shown up is inexcusable and is likely one of the reasons Carolina fired him.

Β 

How many weeks is gonna take to give Detroit credit for kicking us in the mouth because they aren't the same old Lions?Β 

Β 

I agree with being so done with these slow starts, but teams past would've let them drop a 50 burger on us, it wasn't until late the game was out of reach, that halftime adjustments has me excited, 27 points in a half, when's last time we did that?

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Β 

Which isn't common in our recent history, so why expect that from our next HC?

Β 

Β 

How many weeks is gonna take to give Detroit credit for kicking us in the mouth because they aren't the same old Lions?Β 

Β 

I agree with being so done with these slow starts, but teams past would've let them drop a 50 burger on us, it wasn't until late the game was out of reach, that halftime adjustments has me excited, 27 points in a half, when's last time we did that?

I don’t expect anything different, as long as Snyder owns this team. I can say β€œMaybe that’s a whole β€˜nother discussion we need to have,” but everyone is pretty much in agreement there. Still doesn’t change the issues on this team that ultimately are either Ron’s responsibility (his coaching staff) or his fault (his personnel decisions). He hasn’t change a single thing and you can argue he’s weakened the Defensive personnel and the O-Line.Β 
Β 

We’ll see during the season how Detroit winds up, but that Offense looked like Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle playing against the β€˜85 Bears. That display wasn’t JDR’s fault. The whole staff needs its severance.Β 
Β 

I can’t put 100% credence in that 27 points when I don’t know the Lion’s attitude coming out of the half. Did they decide to coast in a three-score game? I don’t know. I can guess it would be easy to be lulled when the opposing Offense took almost an entire half just to get a first down. The game became functionally out of reach when Ron decided to go for two when he didn’t need to.

Today was a bad day for Rivera, no doubt about it. Β Easily his worst performance as head coach since he’s been here.

Β 

All 3 phases had zero juice in the first half.

The unnecessary two point attempt.

Zero urgency approaching the 2MW.

Joey Slye’s inability to make XP.

Β 

That said, I wouldn’t take issue with him firing JDR, with that unnecessary all out blitz being the nail in his coffin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

@ntotoroΒ the Lions couldn't cover our talented WRs, we jus didn't have an answer for the pressure in the first half (figured it out in the 2nd).

Β 

I hated him going for two there as well...buy then Slye missed the extra point, so he may know something we don't (like he's looking for a new kicker)

They still didn’t completely negate the pressure, although I do agree with the WR’s. Very few teams can hang with all three. Just can’t get the ball to them, between the O-Line giving up pressure and Wentz flatlining in passing plays.

• Like 1

The linebackers and secondary, and dline(at times) are killing this team. Finally got an offense that can put up points negated by a defense that gives up even more points.Β 
Β 

A lot of it is on the coaching staff. A lot of it is talent that Washington is terrible at fixing and evaluating.πŸ˜‘

Talk about overreacting! Β So many guys want to fire any of the coaches after one game. We’re 1-1 in a 17 game season. If we finish with 5-6 wins then it’s time to reevaluate but cmon.Β 
Β 

We lost to an up and coming team who has scored 35 points or more in 3 straight games. Should our defense be better. Absolutely but maybe a game like this will get some guys going. Glad to see Jamin step up today and we should get Curl back next week which allows us to do some different things with Forrest. We do need to get rid of Mayo!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I pray for the day we don’t have to ask who should be fired in year 3….. :(Β 

next week win they ahock

us all with the W vs eagles. Really if the offense played like they did in the second half for the whole game we would have won… and I think if we didn’t do the boneheaded 2 point conversion a little less pressure on our offense and defense would have been put on our youngish team and maybe a they play just well enough to get the second TD. At that point if Ron wanted to go two I wouldn’t like it, but atleast I would get it…

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Carson? Really? I thought he played upper 3/5 of the league today.Β 

Uhhh, no. If you just look at the yards, completions, scoring, etc. you might think that. However, if you look at the missed throws, interceptions and especially the sacks, he put the team behind before we ever really had a chance to get into the game in the first half. Certainly he can't be blamed for the defensive problems, but he was classic Wince, in that he gaveth and tooketh away. This was a week in which he tooketh away more than he gaveth. That's just the player he is.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 2