Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

We seem like the kind of organization that might have interest in the recently fired Herm "You play to win the game" Edwards? 

Not against it, but he wasn't exactly tearing it up where he was at college, which seems like a red flag to me if he was bringing pro-style concepts into the college ranks.

I love Herm but no thank you. Go back to doing TV. You were really good at that Herm. 

2 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Political bias….JDR hadn’t been better or worse than many other def coordinators we’ve had. The fact is Ron riveras talent evaluation skills are junk and the defense has sub par linebackers with a front 4 thats overhyped, and a secondary that lolligags around half a**ed jogging to ball carriers etc. so yeah we can fire jdr I’m sure a lot of u would be happy but it wont change much.

Most of this fanbase thinks out front 4 is like the Steelers from the 70's. If you have a good d-line then who do you allow so many rushing yards? Payne had some good rushes last week but when Detroit got under center and ran right at us I watched him and Allen get pushed around by back ups. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

I love Herm but no thank you. Go back to doing TV. You were really good at that Herm. 

Most of this fanbase thinks out front 4 is like the Steelers from the 70's. If you have a good d-line then who do you allow so many rushing yards? Payne had some good rushes last week but when Detroit got under center and ran right at us I watched him and Allen get pushed around by back ups. 

Yah they are completely overhyped due to where everyone was drafted. 

• Like 1

When JA is healthy hes a top 5 Defensive Tackle. He was clearly playing through pain. I am also very ready to move on from Payne. Hes a better 3T than a 0 or 1 T. Problem is JA is better than Payne. And you can really only have one a time. They need a double team commanding Nose. Payne often loses doubles. It was his issue in college. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Maybe if @Skinsinparadise and @KDawg were golfing were Dan usually is, that could help...

Having a boat too...

lol, I am on it

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

@Conn my comments about Haslett came from a combination of former players and local beat reporters not too long after he was let go.

As for JDR, @Skinsinparadise keeps posting the same analysis from Jay Gruden on JDR over and over again.  To me it doesn't sound so simple that our players are stupid if they don't get it, it's so simple the opposing offense keeps figuring it out leaving our defensive players helpless whether they are in proper position or not.  That's different...

I'd add that Logan Paulsen who studied this scheme recently also said this is an easy scheme for an offense to prepare for

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Political bias….JDR hadn’t been better or worse than many other def coordinators we’ve had. The fact is Ron riveras talent evaluation skills are junk and the defense has sub par linebackers with a front 4 thats overhyped, and a secondary that lolligags around half a**ed jogging to ball carriers etc. so yeah we can fire jdr I’m sure a lot of u would be happy but it wont change much.

Whine it's unfair all you want, but there's no bias in the results. Following up on last year's performance, his units have been giving up multiple chunk plays every game this year and appears headed for another bottom 10 performance. He's garbage.

I don't give a damn about Jack's politics. Hell, I kinda like the guy even though I don't share his political views. And apparently so do the players.

But it's not like the D has just been a disappointment the last 18 games, it's been downright awful most of the time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zim489 said:

When JA is healthy hes a top 5 Defensive Tackle. He was clearly playing through pain. I am also very ready to move on from Payne. Hes a better 3T than a 0 or 1 T. Problem is JA is better than Payne. And you can really only have one a time. They need a double team commanding Nose. Payne often loses doubles. It was his issue in college. 

I disagree. To keep DTs fresh, you should ideally keep their snap counts somewhere between 40% to 60% of total snaps. While there may be some overlap with Payne and Allen taking snaps at the same time, you can also pair them with a 0/1 for the most part. Mathis and Ridgway fit that 0 / 1 T position to a tee. 

On 9/22/2022 at 3:59 PM, illone said:

JDR captain "dustup" seems like the obvious choice, but it might be a few more L's before that happens...

Please no more “dust up” thing if for nothing else to stop the barrage of notifications we get each time it comes up.  No politics in the Stadium, even if it’s just to mock a coach you think is failing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 hours ago, method man said:

I disagree. To keep DTs fresh, you should ideally keep their snap counts somewhere between 40% to 60% of total snaps. While there may be some overlap with Payne and Allen taking snaps at the same time, you can also pair them with a 0/1 for the most part. Mathis and Ridgway fit that 0 / 1 T position to a tee. 

So you’re signing up to make Payne a rotational player?

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

May be an image of 3 people, people playing football and text that says '"Yeah and they have Christian McCaffrey and DJ Moore, you'll love it there" ABC 21 2nd 28 UC INNE 1'

The NFL paying the average QB big money is the most perplexing thing in all of sports for me. 

Malik Willis not being able to get to his second read will get that run game back to an elite level and games will be won.