Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dwayne haskins killed by vehicle

turtle

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Years ago I used to live near that area.  I recognize that stretch of highway.  That looks to be either next to the turn for 1-95 north or turn for the turnpike north or south that comes just some yards further down the road.  Not that far from the Fort Lauderdale airport.  A bunch of crazy drivers in that stretch typically, in both directions.  Very sad. 

The news report says he was struck by a dump truck on the side of the freeway off-ramp?

that’s one of the most dangerous places to be.

prayers to his family.  This is so sad.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Years ago I used to live near that area.  I recognize that stretch of highway.  That looks to be either next to the turn for 1-95 north or turn for the turnpike north or south that comes just some yards further down the road.  Not that far from the Fort Lauderdale/hollywood airport.  A bunch of crazy drivers in that stretch typically, in both directions.  Very sad. 

Yeah, Im very familiar with that stretch of road too.  Not the ideal place to be a pedestrian at 7:00AM.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Yeah, Im very familiar with that stretch of road too.  Not the ideal place to be a pedestrian at 7:00AM.

The picture is fuzzy so hard for me to say for sure but if its where it looks to be to my eyes and how its described in the article -- you got a stretch just a little before where it happened where cars are merging in come from the right and often coming in fast.   And a little before that stretch you also got all the traffic coming from the airport among other places where some cars are merging on 595 on the left.   Chaotic stretch of highway.    Very sad.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Wow. Way too young.

What a life he lived. He got to the top of the mountain in college football, got to experience the NFL, and the joys of fatherhood. There was turbulence, too, all lives contain them, but as with any life taken by accident. The saddest thing is the potential lost and the pain of those who are left behind to mourn him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I don't get it. Did his car break down on the highway? But even if his car did break down, why would he attempt to run across a busy freeway on foot? I feel like there's more to this.

No matter what, just a tragic outcome man. 24 years old, with his whole life ahead of him. Life itself is such a mystery. From first round draft pick NFL starter to dying, all within 3 years.

RIP Dwayne.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

This doesn’t make any sense. Why would he cross an interstate on foot? It says he was a pedestrian and it doesn’t say his car was on the scene. It looks like there’s a CCTV camera there too, so the incident must have been recorded. All around strange and tragic. 

4 minutes ago, RansomthePasserby said:

This doesn’t make any sense. Why would he cross an interstate on foot? It says he was a pedestrian and it doesn’t say his car was on the scene. It looks like there’s a CCTV camera there too, so the incident must have been recorded. All around strange and tragic. 

I just read, and this may not be true, that he had run out of gas and the dump truck veered over the shoulder and hit him...RIP