Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dwayne haskins killed by vehicle

turtle

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

This is so shocking.  I’m a little surprised that more information hasn’t come out.  The only word is from his agent.  I haven’t seen anything from Miami police.  Was this a hit and run, did the driver stay on the scene, etc.

Just really, really awful.

Here's a bit more.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2022/04/09/dump-truck-hits-and-kills-pedestrian-leaving-westbound-lanes-of-i-595-closed-for-investigation/

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, max21 said:

So sad, had his whole life ahead of him. Not even 25 years old yet. Schefter is catching tons of heat for his initial tweet 

He needs to own it and apologize.  If the story was Haskins tore his ACL while working out, then his preface of his Washington/Pittsburgh struggles is fair.  But since he died, it’s really poor taste.  I don’t think Schefter was intentionally awful here, but it comes off bad.

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Oh man, this is really bad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Years ago I used to live near that area.  I recognize that stretch of highway.  That looks to be either next to the turn for 1-95 north or turn for the turnpike north or south that comes just some yards further down the road.  Not that far from the Fort Lauderdale/hollywood airport.  A bunch of crazy drivers in that stretch typically, in both directions.  Very sad. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

What an unfortunate thing. Prayers to his wife and family. Shockingly young to lose his life. I wonder how it happened. Crossing a road and not paying attention? That happened to my sister in laws family. On her wedding day to my brother, her mom and dad left the ceremony early to check on some things at the reception. They pulled out of the church parking lot on to a 45 mph road and we're T-boned. Both died instantly. To say it put a damper on the celebration would be a major understatement.

• Sad 7

27 minutes ago, max21 said:

So sad, had his whole life ahead of him. Not even 25 years old yet. Schefter is catching tons of heat for his initial tweet 

Yeah. This is just tragic. Schefter deserves to get dragged for not realizing the difference in importance of life compared to sport.

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 2