Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dwayne haskins killed by vehicle

turtle

It was not supposed to be like this, he was supposed to get his chance to start in the nfl again. Even if he ended up just being a career backup, he was still going to enjoy a quality of life most only dream of. Even if he was out of the league in a few years he could of been a millionaire under 30 in a good position to move onto the next phase of his life. He had a bright future and it was all gone in an instant.

Rip Dwayne.

8 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

….Are you even a human being?? 

8 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

You did not just type that. Disgusting

8 hours ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

****ing idiot.

6 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Really man?

Are you an edgy 12 year old? For ****'s sake. 

2 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

To be honest I wouldn't care one way or another.

When Sean Taylor died, a Cowboys fan on cowboyszone.com tried making a dumb-ass comment like this on their board, and was immediately banned from that site. Even fans of our biggest rivals who regularly ridicule us were more respectful than you were just now.

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

@The Almighty Buzz I can understand what you're trying to do here Buzz, but I would have expected more from you. That's kinda disappointing, you're smarter than that.

Tough crowd.  It was a dark humor joke.  I went back and edited it.  

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb down 4

8 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If the unverified reports that he ran out of gas and tried crossing the highway are true; you have wonder why he didn’t stay in the car and use a cell?  

May he find the peace, that alluded him in life. The Buckeye is in the great Buckeye in the sky.

This is what the police reported.  I would think that his car being on the side of the road would have been confirmed.

"Mr. Haskins was walking on a limited access facility (Highway/expressway) for unknown reasons. He was attempting to cross the westbound lanes of Interstate 595 when there was oncoming traffic. Unfortunately, he collided with an oncoming dump truck. Mr. Haskins was pronounced dead on scene," the Florida Highway Patrol announced Saturday morning

In watching/reading  some of the remembrances of Dwayne that I've seen recently on tv, social media, and collected in the following video a constant theme, that goes well beyond the simple platitudes and trite comments you'd expect to hear, is that he had truly evolved not just as a football player but as a human being since his days in Washington and was on the precipice of something special.

It really seems that he was on a journey to discover a sense of place and purpose in his life.

A goal, that to one degree or another, regardless of age, income, or status, many of us, especially me, find ever so illusive.

This makes his passing both all the more tragic and oddly inspirational.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

56 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

This is what the police reported.  I would think that his car being on the side of the road would have been confirmed.

"Mr. Haskins was walking on a limited access facility (Highway/expressway) for unknown reasons. He was attempting to cross the westbound lanes of Interstate 595 when there was oncoming traffic. Unfortunately, he collided with an oncoming dump truck. Mr. Haskins was pronounced dead on scene," the Florida Highway Patrol announced Saturday morning

Yeah I saw speculation online that he ran out of gas because that was the most likely reason to be walking on a freeway, and it seems like a logical theory. I haven’t seen anything to back it up. 

15 minutes ago, RansomthePasserby said:

Yeah I saw speculation online that he ran out of gas because that was the most likely reason to be walking on a freeway, and it seems like a logical theory. I haven’t seen anything to back it up. 

Seems odd though, unless he had no charger and a dead battery on his cell.  Why not call someone vs. take a highway on foot?

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

He collided with a dump truck?

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Seems odd though, unless he had no charger and a dead battery on his cell.  Why not call someone vs. take a highway on foot?

That would be the wise option, but maybe he thought he could take care of it himself. He was 24 and could have had a lapse in judgement at 7 AM. I know *I* made some foolish choices when I was in my early/mid 20s that didn’t make sense and could have ended badly in retrospect. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RansomthePasserby said:

That would be the wise option, but maybe he thought he could take care of it himself. He was 24 and could have had a lapse in judgement at 7 AM. I know *I* made some foolish choices when I was in my early/mid 20s that didn’t make sense and could have ended badly in retrospect. 

No doubt, it’s hard to say - there’s probably more to it that we’ll never know.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RansomthePasserby said:

I remember when I was around that age, I wanted to drive about 90 minutes in a terrible snowstorm just to see my girlfriend. My car had crap tires as well. I was out on the interstate, thinking I could make it through anything, and I went to pass this truck. Suddenly the truck shot a bunch of snow over my windshield, I went spinning, spun right in front of the truck, it hit me and knocked me into the other side of the highway. 

Luckily, there was not much traffic on the road that day, so I didn't get hit by another car and I was miraculously fine, since none of us were going exceedingly fast. 

I remember when the cop showed up, he looked at me like, "What is wrong with you? You are an idiot to be doing this. You're lucky you didn't get hurt." 

Never treated snow so recklessly again. Was lucky to have had the opportunity to learn that lesson. I'd imagine it COULD HAVE been a similar situation with Dwayne, where he took a bad risk while feeling the invincibility of youth. Awful that he didn't get a chance to learn from it. What a terrible ****ing waste. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I remember when I was around that age, I wanted to drive about 90 minutes in a terrible snowstorm just to see my girlfriend. My car had crap tires as well. I was out on the interstate, thinking I could make it through anything, and I went to pass this truck. Suddenly the truck shot a bunch of snow over my windshield, I went spinning, spun right in front of the truck, it hit me and knocked me into the other side of the highway. 

Luckily, there was not much traffic on the road that day, so I didn't get hit by another car and I was miraculously fine, since none of us were going exceedingly fast. 

I remember when the cop showed up, he looked at me like, "What is wrong with you? You are an idiot to be doing this. You're lucky you didn't get hurt." 

Never treated snow so recklessly again. Was lucky to have had the opportunity to learn that lesson. I'd imagine it COULD HAVE been a similar situation with Dwayne, where he took a bad risk while feeling the invincibility of youth. Awful that he didn't get a chance to learn from it. What a terrible ****ing waste. 

Yup, that’s exactly what I’m thinking. I remember when I was around 20 I drove like 12 hours one way over a weekend in a crappy car just to see a girl I had a crush on. She wasn’t even really that into me and nothing came of it. We do stupid stuff when we’re young, and the stupidity goes up exponentially if there MIGHT be a chance to get with a girl on the other end.

• Like 1

"Offensive Joke! Let me report it. It shouldn't be allowed! But by all means let me quote said very bad joke."   Really? Really? Sometimes you all.... Sigh.  Okay. Poster edited it so I would recommend those of you who quoted it do the same. One of you especially should edit your response as well since it's a Rule 5 violation that I'm letting skate. For now.  Okay back to your regularly scheduled thread,(Not the joke or my response),tragic as it is.

RIP young man. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Does this screenshot seem weird to you?

FP6zGT7XsAg50f3.jpg

"CASE NUMBER #" -- case number number?

Also, the case number shown here apparently matches a case number shown on another screenshot of a text in a facebook post back in 2012...

"The identity of the 24yo/male is.." -- so they knew his age before they knew is identity?

"NFL American Football quarterback" -- who the hell would say it this way? In a foreign country, sure, but in the U.S.?

"Unfortunately, he collided with an oncoming dump truck" -- no, the truck collided with him. In fact, an email statement to a Florida newstation from an FHP spokesperson said "Unfortunately, he was struck by an oncoming dump truck".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

FP6zGT7XsAg50f3.jpg

Also, the case number shown here apparently matches a case number shown on another screenshot of a text in a facebook post back in 2012...

"The identity of the 24yo/male is.." -- so they knew his age before they knew is identity?

"NFL American Football quarterback" -- who the hell would say it this way? In a foreign country, sure, but in the U.S.?

"Unfortunately, he collided with an oncoming dump truck" -- no, the truck collided with him. In fact, an email statement to a Florida newstation from an FHP spokesperson said "Unfortunately, he was struck by an oncoming dump truck".

I read that and thought it was bizarre as well. America gets dumber by the second, especially when it comes to writing and communicating clearly. Saying he "collided" with anything as a pedestrian is just moronic. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

FP6zGT7XsAg50f3.jpg

The name before age thing isn’t that weird as it’s typical to describe the victim by age (also race and/or gender) and withhold the name until the next of kin is notified.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

The name before age thing isn’t that weird as it’s typical to describe the victim by age (also race and/or gender) and withhold the name until the next of kin is notified.

They would stop doing that once they have an ID, though. "The victim has been identified as John Smith" or whatever. They wouldn't still keep referring to their age. And there's no way they knew the age immediately without knowing who he was. It was just poorly written, from top to bottom.

No one has mentioned it, but I think suicide has to be considered. Typically there is a pattern and history of depression of some sort, and Dwayne never seemed to display that to the best of my knowledge, so it seems unlikely. He was down there training trying to advance his career. But the fact that his vehicle apparently was not clearly visible makes it seem suspicious.

Altogether very sad.

• Thumb up 1

I think speculation should be kept quiet for now. It’s not particularly helpful. Maybe all the details will come out in the future. All we know is a young guy in the public eye lost his life. I’m shocked that he died, but i also can’t get out of my head the way he died and the facts that we have don’t add up to a full story. 

i hope his family and loved ones have more facts so they can have some closure. 

• Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Typically there is a pattern and history of depression of some sort, and Dwayne never seemed to display that to the best of my knowledge, so it seems unlikely.

not entertaining the speculation, but just some info…..a lot of people put on a great face….sometimes they are really happy surrounded by other people…sometimes the people closest to them don’t know that they are struggling and sometimes those people do but think it’s crap and they should just be happy…..

Source…..20+ years of experience

• Thanks 2