Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dwayne haskins killed by vehicle

turtle

26 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not just Gil Brandt, but Schefter also had zero need to go into his struggles as a player when reporting this.  Dudes like this are the ones that deserve that Will Smith treatment.

For the life of me I can't figure out how anyone thought saying something like:

Dwayne Haskins, a terrible QB, was killed today in a car accident

...was a good idea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

For the life of me I can't figure out how anyone thought saying something like:

Dwayne Haskins, a terrible QB, was killed today in a car accident

...was a good idea.

Right, talking about a 24 year old who just died so tragically that way is de-humanizing and shows the true colors and no retraction, deleted tweet or apology can make it right.

• Thanks 3

Very familiar with this stretch of road.  Was just through there last week going to the airport.  Cannot imagine why he would be trying to cross that road.  It is at least 6 maybe eight lanes of highway there with alot of traffic.  

Haskins caught alot of slack here in DC and some of it rightly so.  As fans we were all ticked because he used a high draft pick and it didn't work out.  This just really puts everything in prospective in terms of what is really important in life.  So sad for the young man and his family.  RIP

It’s absolutely tragic and I can’t believe someone so young is gone just like that. Prayers to his entire family, and I echo what everyone is saying about folks like Schefter and Brandt. Get a grip, who cares about his success as a professional QB? Who cares he was young and had a lot of growing to do? It’s a shame he didn’t have chance to continue to grow and live life to its fullest outside of football.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If the unverified reports that he ran out of gas and tried crossing the highway are true; you have wonder why he didn’t stay in the car and use a cell? 

To be honest I wouldn't care one way or another.

12 hours ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Bad joke apparently  (no, not just "apparently" - Editor's note)

When Sean Taylor died, a Cowboys fan on cowboyszone.com tried making a dumb-ass comment like this on their board, and was immediately banned from that site. Even fans of our biggest rivals who regularly ridicule us were more respectful than you were just now.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 6

Hey guys, just want to chime in here as a long time member of this forum who has zero authority.

This isn’t the place to post about Dwayne Haskins the football player. In any way, shape, or form. None of that matters. This is about a young man’s life cut entirely too short. This is a game. His life ended. 

It’s important to display tact and integrity.

Again, Rest In Peace Dwayne Haskins. You will be missed by many and remembered by us all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6