Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dwayne haskins killed by vehicle

turtle

6 hours ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Tough crowd.  It was a dark humor joke.  I went back and edited it.  

Don't stress it. I thought it was funny. The only reason people even care about this is because he played football for their team. You shouldn't have to censor yourself because of that.

• Like 4
  • Thumb down 8

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

not entertaining the speculation, but just some info…..a lot of people put on a great face….sometimes they are really happy surrounded by other people…sometimes the people closest to them don’t know that they are struggling and sometimes those people do but think it’s crap and they should just be happy…..

Source…..20+ years of experience

My husband committed suicide.  Even people with everything have issues.

This is not that, and we should just leave this speculation.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

No one has mentioned it, but I think suicide has to be considered. Typically there is a pattern and history of depression of some sort, and Dwayne never seemed to display that to the best of my knowledge, so it seems unlikely. He was down there training trying to advance his career. But the fact that his vehicle apparently was not clearly visible makes it seem suspicious.

Altogether very sad.

Reports are he had a rental car and ran out of gas. So unfortunate and sad. Everything doesn’t need to be complicated and no need to jump to suicide speculation. Just a horrible tragedy. I personally have run out of gas once when I prepaid for the tank on a rental trying to avoid pumping any on the way back to the airport. Might just be that.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

where does it say that? I read and watched both videos. Not trying to be a jerk about this.

• Like 2

I don’t really understand the reactions. People get struck walking down the road all the time for any number of reasons. People riding their bike also get struck all the time. Maybe I’m reading into it too much but it reads like people think there’s some coverup or conspiracy going on. Just seems weird. 

Rip. Sad and too young to die. 

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, tshile said:

I don’t really understand the reactions. People get struck walking down the road all the time for any number of reasons. People riding their bike also get struck all the time. Maybe I’m reading into it too much but it reads like people think there’s some coverup or conspiracy going on. Just seems weird. 

Rip. Sad and too young to die. 

I understand what you are saying, but we have a young NFL QB that this has happened to. The guy had enough money going from point A to B as safely as possible. For a guy of his assumed financial stability this is just weird to me.

Not one verified source has said anything with regards to him having a car there, which makes it even weirder. Yeah, people are struck all the time as pedestrians, but a NFL QB on large active highway without a car (based on the facts we know) is going to raise some questions.

I don’t think there is a coverup or a conspiracy, I’m just super curious to know how he got put in this situation.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SpacePenguin said:

Don't stress it. I thought it was funny. The only reason people even care about this is because he played football for their team. You shouldn't have to censor yourself because of that.

That's ridiculous. I'd say the only reason we KNOW about it is that he played on our football team. The reason I CARE is that a young person died in such a senseless, useless way, someone I invested in a bit emotionally when he was drafted and someone I hoped would be successful. I'm not a "cancel everything" kind of guy, so whatever as far as the reaction to that "joke" goes. Sure as hell didn't make me laugh. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, SpacePenguin said:

Actually, I'd think that was a bad joke - even if I didn't know of Dwayne.  Less than 24 hours after a 24 year old is killed, to make jokes - is never cool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

https://www.today.com/video/nfl-quarterback-dwayne-haskins-dies-after-hit-by-dump-truck-137460293579

This morning on the national TODAY show on NBC, it was reported that he was "running across the highway, arms waving, dressed in all black..."

This story keeps getting sadder and more strange the more information comes available.   🙁

Edited by ColonialWBSkinsFan
added link to story
  • Thanks 2

NBC had a troubling report this morning about a man who, after dropping his daughter off at the airport, saw a man on foot "drifting" into the right hand lane of the I-595 westbound.  He was driving in the left lane and saw vehicles in the right lane ahead of him swerve into his lane, and as he approached he saw why - a person who was a quarter to halfway into the right lane. He was so disturbed by what he saw that he called 911 to report it. He shared a screenshot of his call log with NBC 6 with a call to 911 at 6:31 a.m. — six minutes before FHP says the crash was reported at 6:37 a.m. 

Man Believes He Saw Pittsburgh Steelers Quarterback Dwayne Haskins on I-595 Minutes Before Death – NBC 6 South Florida (nbcmiami.com)

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

https://www.today.com/video/nfl-quarterback-dwayne-haskins-dies-after-hit-by-dump-truck-137460293579

This morning on the national TODAY show on NBC, it was reported that he was "running across the highway, arms waving, dressed in all black..."

This story keeps getting sadder and more strange the more information comes available.   🙁

He didn't say he was running. The 911 call says the "pedestrian was walking on the highway."

18 hours ago, SpacePenguin said:

The only reason he was able to "joke" about him was because he played for his team as well.

And the overwhelming majority of us can show sympathy and respect for people we never knew existed when we learn that they went through something traumatic. Which means we'll also react critically when we see someone else not do so.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I remember a few years ago running out of gas in the work truck just outside of Jacksonville, Fla. We were on the interstate (probably 1-95). And as we were arguing whose fault it was. Apparently we were spotted on the freeway camera. In no time a DOT truck showed up with a couple of gallons of gas and we were able to proceed to the nearest gas station for a fill up. They really try and help people broke down Just to be able to prevent situations like this. We were planning on walking to the nearest gas station. The DOT help came as a complete surprise.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I understand what you are saying, but we have a young NFL QB that this has happened to. The guy had enough money going from point A to B as safely as possible. For a guy of his assumed financial stability this is just weird to me.

Yeah and like I said - maybe I’m just reading into it too much. 

but these guys get dui’s, arrested for assault, etc. and it’s always the same questions - why are you in that position. 

and perfectly normal people have this dumb crap happen to them too. 

who knows maybe dude driving the dump truck fell asleep, or was texting. 

We don’t treat vehicles with the respect they deserve. Either as pedestrians or drivers. They’re giant missiles. Avoidable tragedies happen because of it :( 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Old Blue said:

I remember a few years ago running out of gas in the work truck just outside of Jacksonville, Fla. We were on the interstate (probably 1-95). And as we were arguing whose fault it was. Apparently we were spotted on the freeway camera. In no time a DOT truck showed up with a couple of gallons of gas and we were able to proceed to the nearest gas station for a fill up. They really try and help people broke down Just to be able to prevent situations like this. We were planning on walking to the nearest gas station. The DOT help came as a complete surprise.

Yup, VDOT has a similar Safety Service Patrol on Virginia’s interstates. They drive around in white trucks with big arrow boards on the back and help people with car trouble. 

1 hour ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Yes, this is true.  I went back and rewatched the news report.  Certainly makes you wonder if he may have been trying to harm himself.  Truly tragic, regardless.

You'd have to be in unbelievable mental pain to choose this as a method of suicide. As far as I know, there are no accounts of Dwayne having those issues. 

I agree that there are plenty of examples of people who "seemed totally fine" who suddenly took their lives, so it can't be ruled out at this point I guess, but ... just seems like it's a heckuva reach in this particular case when the most logical conclusion is that he made a bad decision to make it across a busy highway and got hit. Guess we'll just have to wait for more info. 

What's weird from the witness's comments is how seemingly indifferent or unaware Haskins was to the danger he was putting himself in.  To be walking - not running - and "drifting" onto the lane of an Interstate highway, with cars and trucks swerving to miss you, defies logic. To think you can just wave over speeding cars and trucks while walking on a highway suggests impairment - of logic or of the senses.  The witness was so alarmed by what he saw he called 911 to report it. 

Obviously it's a tragic event whatever the circumstances.