Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dwayne haskins killed by vehicle

turtle

Not much to say at this point other than I’m not surprised in the slightest.  .24 is completely ****-faced drunk and it’s a miracle he didn’t get somebody else killed driving in that condition. Ketamine might also make you think it was a good idea to play Gascan-GO on the interstate.  

With that said, what’s done is done. May he Rest In Peace.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ntotoro said:

Ketamine… holy ****…

Yup

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/ketamine-abuse/ketamine-side-effects

“Ketamine is a dissociative drug that distorts perceptions of sight and sound, produces hallucinations, and provides the user with feelings of detachment from both the environment and self.

Due to these effects, the recreational use of ketamine has gained popularity among teens and young adults as a “club drug” that is used at dance clubs and raves. According to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, the liquid drug is usually injected or mixed in drinks, or it is heated and provided as a powder that can be snorted or smoked.”

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

K is fantastic, but not on the freeway.

Never done it, probably never will,  Couple of good acid trips in the 80's and a buncha shrooms ever 5-10 years, and I've never had a problem crossing the street.  Who'd want to cross the street when you can stand there and watch the trees bend down to the ground, and the shimmery lights, and if you get the really good stuff, you'll even see Ron Rivera hoisting the Lombardi Trophy (but stay away from the brown stuff because you'll just see Dan Snyder everywhere you look).

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Driving ****faced and on ketamine, running out of gas, and then avoiding calling for help bc he knew between the drugs and the woman in his car he'd get busted...

You know what? It's not like his decisions didn't impact anyone else. Think of the dump truck driver, just some random working class guy starting his day who has to live with the trauma of hitting someone on the road. Or the trauma of the SUV driver who swerved but still delivered the final blow that killed him? What about his family and friends who loved and supported him?

He was very talented and physically blessed but his time in Washington ended because he made horrendous decisions and that behavior not only continued, it culminated in something so drastic and irreversible from which not everyone will so easily be able to move on. His decisions had consequences not just for him but others as well. So sad, so unnecessary, so depressingly cliché.

• Like 18

8 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

K is fantastic, but not on the freeway.

It's also increasingly being used successfully for treatment of severe depression, anxiety, and PTSD.

But yeah, only in a safe and therapeutic setting. A highway is neither of those.

• Like 3

Just now, mistertim said:

It's also increasingly being used successfully for treatment of severe depression, anxiety, and PTSD.

But yeah, only in a safe and therapeutic setting. A highway is neither of those.

So is my absolute favorite, the soon to be legal Mushrooms!

• Like 4

How different a story this would be if he Henry Ruggs’d it… thank god he ran out of gas. 

It was obvious from the start that he wasn’t taking an innocent stroll to get gas, but this is worse than I thought. Given the facts of this story combined with his track record, I’m finding it impossible to sympathize… 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CTskin said:

How different a story this would be if he Henry Ruggs’d it… thank god he ran out of gas. 

It was obvious from the start that he wasn’t taking an innocent stroll to get gas, but this is worse than I thought. Given the facts of this story combined with his track record, I’m finding it impossible to sympathize… 

I certainly empathize with his family and friends. But as far as DH himself, he made really bad and dangerous decisions and paid for them with his life.

• Thumb up 1

I don’t know if this is a correct thing to say or not, but upon reading statements from Haskins‘ wife about what he hoped for in life etc…I’m just glad he didn’t already have kids. That’s trauma no one needs and imo it’s a small mercy that on top of everything else, there aren’t also children missing a father right now. Sad story that I hope at least one person out there learns from or takes as a cautionary tale. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

I don’t know if this is a correct thing to say or not, but upon reading statements from Haskins‘ wife about what he hoped for in life etc…I’m just glad he didn’t already have kids. That’s trauma no one needs and imo it’s a small mercy that on top of everything else, there aren’t also children missing a father right now. Sad story that I hope at least one person out there learns from or takes as a cautionary tale. 

He didn’t have a kid? I thought he did. Saw a picture of him on instagram a while back holding a baby 

maybe it was a nephew….

24 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

He didn’t have a kid? I thought he did. Saw a picture of him on instagram a while back holding a baby 

maybe it was a nephew….

Not totally sure. Saw a statement that said he hoped to one day be a father and grandfather, so I assume not. But I could be incorrect.

17 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Makes sense why he was walking to get gas... as much as any of this actually makes any sense being that it was a senseless tragedy.  As others here have said it is very fortunate he didn't kill someone else along with himself and the girl in his car. .20 or .24 whichever it was is drunk drunk waisted.  Not trying to be disrespectful of the deceased here but Haskins was a very immature individual right up to his demise unfortunately.  

I know people will say "time and place" but Gil Brandt looking downright perspicacious now.

Such a shame he went from predicting he'd star at Ohio State as a kid at a summer football camp there to making such terrible decisions that would wreck his dreams. 

On 5/24/2022 at 7:19 AM, mistertim said:

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 1

Sorry, but now that the facts are out, I’ll say it... he’s a scumbag. Anybody who would drive around in that condition putting countless lives at risk, including his own, is a scumbag in my opinion. That he did this while presumably cheating on his wife, just makes it worse. Please don’t lecture me about being sensitive to the family… He, and he alone, did this to his family. This was not just a “bad decision“, it was criminal behavior. Another great draft pick by football genius Dan Snyder.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Commander PK said:

Yup

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/ketamine-abuse/ketamine-side-effects

“Ketamine is a dissociative drug that distorts perceptions of sight and sound, produces hallucinations, and provides the user with feelings of detachment from both the environment and self.

Due to these effects, the recreational use of ketamine has gained popularity among teens and young adults as a “club drug” that is used at dance clubs and raves. According to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, the liquid drug is usually injected or mixed in drinks, or it is heated and provided as a powder that can be snorted or smoked.”

5 hours ago, mistertim said:

Yea I was prescribed Ketamine for a while after my accident.  Wow, it was.....something. 

2 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

im on it, but I do it in a doctors office under her supervision. But, it’s a therapeutic dose. I just see a bunch of random colors and shapes and a little unstable if I try to walk. 

I had a huge 8x6 inch (described by doctors as Football sized) cancer tumor connecting my pancreas, stomach, spleen, last year. (I even have a picture of the nasty thing)

It was totally removed ( along with some of my inside parts) and while in the hospital I got an infection in my legs and for over a month the hospital told me it was gout and did no further testing. I also had sepsis which should have been a clue.

By the time they actually tested it, after it blew up with probably a pint of infection going everywhere, they realized that the infection was from my toes all the way to my hip.

They then peeled my left leg like an apple, chopping out parts of muscle and everything, but they had no idea how to treat the infection so they threw about 2 dozen different antibiotics at me over 2-3 days.

Then the hospital that I was in basically quit and flew me to a better hospital where they gave me ketamine and several other similar drugs, fentanyl and duladid and morphine on rotation like setting your music playlist on random play. They gave me a clicker for the drugs like one of those crack hamsters. Was interesting!

Ketamine was what I was on when they peeled off the 2-3 inch thick insulation looking wrapping covering my leg, with my parents standing there looking like they were watching a real life horror movie. 

When I saw my leg I couldn't stop pointing out all the details, laughing hysterically and making jokes about how my leg looked worse than anything I had ever seen in a zombie movie. It was hilarious to my mind at the time because those drugs are nuts and you lose your mind not realizing that it's YOU and the consequences and all of what you are going to be going through.

A few days later they chopped off most of my leg and I really didn't even care until the drugs wore off after several weeks on them. 

That stuff is not anything people should be taking while being capable of making decisions such as playing real life frogger, or especially driving a car.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 20

3 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

I had a huge 8x6 inch (described by doctors as Football sized) cancer tumor connecting my pancreas, stomach, spleen, last year. (I even have a picture of the nasty thing)

It was totally removed ( along with some of my inside parts) and while in the hospital I got an infection in my legs and for over a month the hospital told me it was gout and did no further testing. I also had sepsis which should have been a clue.

By the time they actually tested it, after it blew up with probably a pint of infection going everywhere, they realized that the infection was from my toes all the way to my hip.

They then peeled my left leg like an apple, chopping out parts of muscle and everything, but they had no idea how to treat the infection so they threw about 2 dozen different antibiotics at me over 2-3 days.

Then the hospital that I was in basically quit and flew me to a better hospital where they gave me ketamine and several other similar drugs, fentanyl and duladid and morphine on rotation like setting your music playlist on random play. They gave me a clicker for the drugs like one of those crack hamsters. Was interesting!

Ketamine was what I was on when they peeled off the 2-3 inch thick insulation looking wrapping covering my leg, with my parents standing there looking like they were watching a real life horror movie. 

When I saw my leg I couldn't stop pointing out all the details, laughing hysterically and making jokes about how my leg looked worse than anything I had ever seen in a zombie movie. It was hilarious to my mind at the time because those drugs are nuts and you lose your mind not realizing that it's YOU and the consequences and all of what you are going to be going through.

A few days later they chopped off most of my leg and I really didn't even care until the drugs wore off after several weeks on them. 

That stuff is not anything people should be taking while being capable of making decisions such as playing real life frogger, or especially driving a car.

Holy **** that's one of the craziest things I've read in a long time. How are you doing these days? I'm sure it's been a difficult road (no pun intended) but I hope you've found your way through okay.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Damn dude. I hope you are doing well now. That’s crazy. Wow.

• Like 2

Bro, just ****ing Uber. Wtf is wrong with people? You LITERALLY hit a button on your phone and boom have a ride for 22 dollars. If I know I’m going out to party, I UBER to where ever I’m going so driving isn’t even an option. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Holy **** that's one of the craziest things I've read in a long time. How are you doing these days? I'm sure it's been a difficult road (no pun intended) but I hope you've found your way through okay.

4 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

@SkinsFTW That sounds absolutely awful. I don’t think they give me enough to go through that. I mean, my arthritis still bothers me during treatment.

I really hope you are doing better!

Thanks! Not to derail the thread but I started it so....

I'm not sure if I am getting better but the infection might be gone but it was in all my bones too so not sure. The cancer came back on my liver now so today was the start of chemotherapy for the 2nd time.

The worst part of all that craziness was after they literally peeled my leg removing all of the skin and hacked at it like a golden corral roast beef and then soaked it in some sort of battery acid to kill the bacteria.

I was put to sleep being told that they were just going to clean out my ankle where the infection was apparent. The doctor was like " it looks like you have a little infection in your ankle so this should be quick". With me thinking "then why did my ankle leak a rust colored pool on the floor the size of an 18" pizza!". Do they communicate with each other? My nurse cleaned that pool up.

When I woke up it was 10 hours later, 9pm, but after a while the drugs wore off and all of the doctors were gone so nobody told me what actually happened and they didn't tell my wife ****. So I started to assume that my leg was being pot roasted in a vat of hydrochloric acid but I didn't know why. It just kept getting worse and worse until I was losing my mind.

The nurses didn't tell me anything, couldn't give me anything for pain besides oxy or hydrocodone which did nothing. I had a bottle of my own oxy and took a few more overnight but they did nothing. The doctors left no orders for anything, the night doctor wouldn't authorize anything. I was yelling at the male nurse like my TV during a Spurrier coached Redskins game, (I didn't throw him across the room)  eventually telling the nurse to drag that doctor down here and tell it to my face. 10+ hours of pain that I am sure that prisoners of war rarely experience. I'm not joking. I want my medal! LOL

I'm a totally chill dude in just about any situation but eventually I was screaming and crying and threatening the nurse and almost packed up and went home and I would have left if I could have because what is the point in being in the hospital when they were literally killing me faster than I was before I got there? My wife was losing it too just listening to me. I had sepsis, they knew it, never told me, then realized that the same sepsis bacteria had infected my legs after a month of looking at them swollen and hot and looking infected for a month. (I didn't even know that I had sepsis until the next hospital told me that it was listed when I checked into the first hospital over a month earlier)

Then in the morning my cancer doctor showed up and couldn't believe it,  he was crying and apologizing, then about 10 other doctors all the way up the chain until I was looking at this 75 year old doctor from Cocoon came in to apologize. After that I was hooked up with crazy amount of painkillers on a clicker like a crackhead in heaven!.

• Sad 4

There are probably 10 more crazy things that happened before and after too. I can't trust anybody in a hospital anymore. Totally ridiculous. For instance, they even diagnosed my cancer as a totally different type of cancer twice and thats why they removed it instead of treating it with chemo, then my leg got chopped off because they waited so long to do it, on and on and on lol. 

I should be dead from that infection, but the 2nd hospital Vanderbilt University in Nashville is amazing, while that first one was going to actually kill me. Once even they realized it, I was put on an airplane!

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1