Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dwayne haskins killed by vehicle

turtle

20 minutes ago, max21 said:

Bro, just ****ing Uber. Wtf is wrong with people? You LITERALLY hit a button on your phone and boom have a ride for 22 dollars. If I know I’m going out to party, I UBER to where ever I’m going so driving isn’t even an option. 

Read what I said about Ketamine a few posts up. None of that makes any sense to somebody on that crap. He would have sawed off a couple body parts before calling Uber. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Read what I said about Ketamine a few posts up. None of that makes any sense to somebody on that crap. He would have sawed off a couple body parts before calling Uber. 

Don’t doubt that at all, him being on Ketamine puts a different dynamic on this story for sure. Just mainly stating Uber is has been around for so many years now and is basically a part of this generation/society/culture whatever you want to say that it almost seems inexcusable to me to drink and drive. I also even read after the Henry Ruggs accident the NFL has a ride program for its players, it’s unfortunate what alcohol and alcohol abuse can do. People are just dumb 

• Like 1

@SkinsFTWsorry to read your story, and I wish you luck. Seriously, it sounds beyond tough (there isn’t really a word that does the job of describing how bad that sounds, to be honest with you) but we can only hope we’re more resilient than we know. I admire your humor in the face of actual horror.  

I wish I could say I was surprised by your experience with hospitals, but I’m unfortunately not at all. A few years ago my father had a stroke, and throughout the entire process I was constantly in shock at how poorly nurses communicated with each other and with doctors. Nobody advocated for him or any of his various hospital room mates, and I personally witnessed a handful of times that a nurse had entirely the wrong chart in their hands and tried to apply incorrect information while trying to solve a problem. You had to be on high alert anytime someone with the hospital was in the room (who should know what they’re doing!) to keep them from accidentally killing someone, because something about their actions was likely to be misinformed. It was beyond eye opening to say the least, but that was just the beginning.

After the stroke, he was recovering fairly well with his physical therapy. He wasn’t going to live the same life in terms of work or hobbies, but was going to end up with a fully functional, if different, existence. Maybe he’d play mini golf instead of real golf, and get into a new line of work outside of construction. Then during a stay for a fairly routine surgery (as routine as a surgery can be, but you get me) he contracted bacterial Meningitis in the hospital. Despite a ridiculous fever and total mental breakdown caused by the infection inflaming his brain, they sent him home, and refused to see him again for the same symptoms for weeks as he deteriorated. He lost 40 lbs (and was only 160 even before the stroke which had already cut his weight big time) had a large part of his personality and memories literally burnt out of his brain by the infection, and was never the same by the time they finally listened, took it seriously, and admitted him. He was sent home from the ER multiple times with this infection after they tried just treating the fever.

Short term, he technically survived the ordeal, but he was never really alive again after that. Mentally he was an entirely different person, physically he had lost so much muscle mass that he was never able to do his physical therapy again and permanently lost the usage of an arm and a leg due to the stroke and then the atrophy, which gave him unbearable chronic pain as his ligaments tightened like a mummy. He went from someone who could still live independently to a literal husk of a person barely clinging on, and just wasted away. Speaking on it from my point of view, he was a bad person and parent long before any of this—but afterwards he was not even remotely recognizable as the same person, physically or personality-wise, and pushed everyone who was still in his life away out of deranged and misplaced hatred, bitterness, and confusion. He then died alone of a heart attack—a mere two years after being on his way to a reasonable recovery from a simple stroke. All because of a refusal to listen and treat a patient with obvious symptoms from overworked and un-empathetic doctors, in ****show hospitals that are barely functioning. 

What you’ve gone through sounds very similar in its outrageousness and deeply serious repercussions. I really feel for you, man. Try to keep your head up, it sounds like you have good people around you in your life. Hold onto who you are and try not to let it twist you. I hope this team gives you something to cheer for. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Sad 6

5 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Thanks! Not to derail the thread but I started it so....

I'm not sure if I am getting better but the infection might be gone but it was in all my bones too so not sure. The cancer came back on my liver now so today was the start of chemotherapy for the 2nd time.

The worst part of all that craziness was after they literally peeled my leg removing all of the skin and hacked at it like a golden corral roast beef and then soaked it in some sort of battery acid to kill the bacteria.

I was put to sleep being told that they were just going to clean out my ankle where the infection was apparent. The doctor was like " it looks like you have a little infection in your ankle so this should be quick". With me thinking "then why did my ankle leak a rust colored pool on the floor the size of an 18" pizza!". Do they communicate with each other? My nurse cleaned that pool up.

When I woke up it was 10 hours later, 9pm, but after a while the drugs wore off and all of the doctors were gone so nobody told me what actually happened and they didn't tell my wife ****. So I started to assume that my leg was being pot roasted in a vat of hydrochloric acid but I didn't know why. It just kept getting worse and worse until I was losing my mind.

The nurses didn't tell me anything, couldn't give me anything for pain besides oxy or hydrocodone which did nothing. I had a bottle of my own oxy and took a few more overnight but they did nothing. The doctors left no orders for anything, the night doctor wouldn't authorize anything. I was yelling at the male nurse like my TV during a Spurrier coached Redskins game, (I didn't throw him across the room)  eventually telling the nurse to drag that doctor down here and tell it to my face. 10+ hours of pain that I am sure that prisoners of war rarely experience. I'm not joking. I want my medal! LOL

I'm a totally chill dude in just about any situation but eventually I was screaming and crying and threatening the nurse and almost packed up and went home and I would have left if I could have because what is the point in being in the hospital when they were literally killing me faster than I was before I got there? My wife was losing it too just listening to me. I had sepsis, they knew it, never told me, then realized that the same sepsis bacteria had infected my legs after a month of looking at them swollen and hot and looking infected for a month. (I didn't even know that I had sepsis until the next hospital told me that it was listed when I checked into the first hospital over a month earlier)

Then in the morning my cancer doctor showed up and couldn't believe it,  he was crying and apologizing, then about 10 other doctors all the way up the chain until I was looking at this 75 year old doctor from Cocoon came in to apologize. After that I was hooked up with crazy amount of painkillers on a clicker like a crackhead in heaven!.

Bro. I don't know **** about this stuff. But please, PLEASE contact a lawyer and explore your options. That is insane.

• Like 1

@SkinsFTW Man I’m so sorry to hear that you and your family are going through all that. I flew into town this week to see my Uncle who was blindsided by Stage 5 pancreatic cancer a few weeks ago.  There is only bad news right now and things have gone downhill quickly— HOWEVER he’s still got the same sense of humor and inner personal strength that you seem to have.  Y’all are the type of the people that miracles are made of man. Keep fighting that fight baby!

Now, I’m going to briefly weigh-in on my experiences with ketamine for those who are unfamiliar with the drug in social

settings.  

First off, I’m 37- about to get married this time next year and have mostly left my 3-day benders in the rear-view mirror (with exception of certain exceptions 😏) but K has never been my personal thing.  Try too little and it dulls the buzz from booze- try too much and you are seeing polygons + prisms refracting on the floors/ceilings and nothing you say sounds as cool outloud as it did 5min ago 😂

It’s pretty popular in NYC with the House music/Burning Man/underground

club crowd- but it’s definitely not considered a “young person” drug of choice that college kids/posts grads are out there clamoring for at downtown hotspots.

I mention all of this because I was super surprised when I read the reports that Dwayne had K in his system.  It’s definitely not something that I think would be on the radar for most 25 year old NFL athletes. I would be totally shocked if any of his teammates were sniffing/supplying ketamine- so I’m over here stuck with a lot of questions about the girl that he left

in the car…

Either way, I feel terrible for his family and also grateful for the fact that no one else lost their lives during that horrifying and preventable situation.

Edited by LaRonDontLikeUgly
  • Like 3

I just turned 38 last week, haven't had a drink in almost three years, I got my DWI when I was 25. I blew at .25 on the side of the road in front of the Westgate Shopping center at 3 am in Manassas because I was driving to Winchester because we all decided it was a good idea to go then instead of wake up and leave in the morning. I actually passed all of the field tests and when I blew into the breathalyzer (I swear this is a true story) the cop looked at it, shook it and had me take it again. When he took it again and .25 came up again, he said to me (not verbatim) "How in God's name are you still standing?". In my infinite wisdom, I responded with "I'm good at what I do". Went to jail that night, but didn't stop drinking and didn't stop driving.

I'm telling this story for two reasons:

1. Not a single well made, or even decent, decision was made by my friends or myself that night. You tend not to do so when you're drunk as hell, throw in some emotions and someone egging you on and you're going to make the news. I'm not defending Haskins, just saying that when people get drunk, they don't usually cure cancer or invent a perpetual motion machine...its usually "Hey, think I can make this jump?". Luckily, the cop stopped me before I made the leap of faith. Dwayne Haskins wasn't so lucky...

2. When I say I was heavy drinker at 25, I was an extremely heavy drinker. I wasn't a full on alcoholic yet, but I do remember the beer bong being the only way I drank beers for several months. I even remember people pouring beer and liquor into the bong while I drank it and I would keep drinking it no problem...at 25. Ten years later, I was killing at least a 12 pack and a liter of rum EVERY night. I had the timing down to almost a science, if I went more than about 20 - 30 minutes without drinking (while drinking) my buzz would be gone and I would have to start over again. I did this every night for several years while waking up at 4:30 to go to work, everyone considered me a "functional alcoholic" (looking back, I was not). 

I'll telling this second part because it takes a long time of drinking to be able to function with a .24 BAC. It makes me wonder if the BAC is accurate or if Haskins had a severe drinking/drug problem. I feel bad for him and his family, but everyone around him is lucky they didn't get hurt because of him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2022 at 10:06 AM, CTskin said:

How different a story this would be if he Henry Ruggs’d it… thank god he ran out of gas. 

It was obvious from the start that he wasn’t taking an innocent stroll to get gas, but this is worse than I thought. Given the facts of this story combined with his track record, I’m finding it impossible to sympathize… 

This is where I am.  At this point in time it is absolutely fair to be critical of a man with a long list of bad decisions. Now we learn he was totally obliterated and behind the wheel of a car, with another woman who was equally intoxicated as his wife was frantically calling 911.  And I'm supposed to feel sympathy for a man like this?  Nope, only for his family.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, LaRonDontLikeUgly said:

@SkinsFTW Man I’m so sorry to hear that you and your family are going through all that. I flew into town this week to see my Uncle who was blindsided by Stage 5 pancreatic cancer a few weeks ago.  There is only bad news right now and things have gone downhill quickly— HOWEVER he’s still got the same sense of humor and inner personal strength that you seem to have.  Y’all are the type of the people that miracles are made of man. Keep fighting that fight baby!

Did he lose a ton of weight? I went from 185-190 down to 130 in about 3-4 months. Thats how long it took for me to get the operation but they said my tumor had been growing for years with no indication. I was eating lots of food and drinking protein shakes all day and it didn't help with the weight loss. At the end I was losing about a pound every 2 days until I looked like a skeleton. Muscles and everything just dissolved like magic or something. If I was older I'd most definitely be dead already from this but I was 48 and my health was about perfect for my whole life before this.

Before I knew about the cancer I had weird pains in my feet and legs sometimes so bad that I couldn't stand up and walk easily. But it would just go away after a few days. I quit my job that I totally loved and moved to Tennessee with my wife, all before I knew about the cancer. I was driving a truck delivering glass around the country kind of like living in an rv on vacation with my wife there too. Was almost like getting paid to be on vacation. If I would have went to the hospital before quitting my job I would still be getting paid at least 6000-8000 a month so a very costly mistake for sure but who would think I had that?

I was about to apply for new jobs here when my knee swole up like a watermelon so I went to the hospital where they found the cancer but it wasn't diagnosed as Pancratic so instead of chemo they just cut me open from ribs to below the belly button and took this thing about the size of a large roast beef out, and 1/2 my stomach, 1/2 my pancreas and my spleen too.

Then the next day the doctor told me that they tested it again and it was actually pancreatic cancer. So believe it or not they can actually remove it instead of doing chemo because that is what happened lol. So I did avoid probably years of chemo on that thing.

If he's living in the hospital for months like I did, good luck man and tell him to make sure to have everything checked if he thinks something is wrong. Go to another hospital if they won't do it. My first hospital was garbage, didn't even consider checking anything even when we asked repeatedly but Vanderbilt just sent me to Mri and Ctscans for everything without me asking for anything. I probably had 15+ surgeries and 7-8 Ctscans and MRis on different parts even brain MRis just to be sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Well with the ketamine I wouldn't be surprised if that was something that the football players were into for just pain from playing football and not a club partying thing. 

Maybe he got the idea from one of the other players and just used it from time to time or even got addicted to it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Well with the ketamine I wouldn't be surprised if that was something that the football players were into for just pain from playing football and not a club partying thing. 

Maybe he got the idea from one of the other players and just used it from time to time or even got addicted to it.

I might think about maybe accepting that as maybe possibly maybe a reason, but Haskins played zero football last year. Much more easy to use his 2-3 years of stupid decisions to go down the "he was partying road," instead.

Combine that with being caught red-handed with some chippie and his wife in total denial...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

I might think about maybe accepting that as maybe possibly maybe a reason, but Haskins played zero football last year. Much more easy to use his 2-3 years of stupid decisions to go down the "he was partying road," instead.

Combine that with being caught red-handed with some chippie and his wife in total denial...

Dude played 35 total games College and Professional(over 6 years) at the most protected position in the game. Definitely not using it for pain.  

• Like 1

I have a hard time referring to Dwayne as a man.  He was 24 years old when he died, and from most everything we saw from him - he still had a lot of maturing to do.  I don't condone driving with a .24 BAC and ketamine in his system.  But it's rather obvious this dude was really struggling with something and had been for quite some time. 

I can recall him committing to UMD and the whole "stay home" campaign at the time - he was HUGE in this area, about as huge as a high school recruit can be.  4 stars, tons of press.  It would seem he had a great family life and was developed to be an NFL QB from the time he was very young.  

Perhaps things weren't really great with his home life, he got caught up and influenced with the wrong crowd, I really don't know - but something about him definitely wasn't right.  Just the fact of his parents not going to the arrangements his wife setup, and them not having ever met her - that was a total WTF that indicated trouble. I don't think we'll ever really know what went awry with him, but it's hard for me to hate on him and his actions knowing that he was a troubled soul that had most likely been crying for help.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I have a hard time referring to Dwayne as a man.  He was 24 years old when he died, and from most everything we saw from him - he still had a lot of maturing to do.  I don't condone driving with a .24 BAC and ketamine in his system.  But it's rather obvious this dude was really struggling with something and had been for quite some time. 

I can recall him committing to UMD and the whole "stay home" campaign at the time - he was HUGE in this area, about as huge as a high school recruit can be.  4 stars, tons of press.  It would seem he had a great family life and was developed to be an NFL QB from the time he was very young.  

Perhaps things weren't really great with his home life, he got caught up and influenced with the wrong crowd, I really don't know - but something about him definitely wasn't right.  Just the fact of his parents not going to the arrangements his wife setup, and them not having ever met her - that was a total WTF that indicated trouble. I don't think we'll ever really know what went awry with him, but it's hard for me to hate on him and his actions knowing that he was a troubled soul that had most likely been crying for help.

Yep, and I'd say his troubles only started to become more widely known by the fanbase after he and his wife Kalabrya were caught doing the maskless strip club thing in 2020:

Ep2rRr3W8AQv2nV.jpg

59 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

There’s also the entitlement mentality of all those things people crowned him with. Kids don’t have to come from bad homes or be around bad crowds to be knuckleheads.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

There’s also the entitlement mentality of all those things people crowned him with. Kids don’t have to come from bad homes or be around bad crowds to be knuckleheads.

That's particularly why I said, I don't know.  

I just think the whole family/wife dynamic is unique and speaks to something more than we'll probably ever know about.

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I just think the whole family/wife dynamic is unique and speaks to something more than we'll probably ever know about.

It could of simply be that they didn't approve of him clubbing and partying and that they believed that she was a bad influence. Remember the strippers thing and (I think) the time she punched him was in the context of their plans to go clubbing or partying. One led to him losing a job and the other one led to domestic violence. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

One thing is for certain: His folks didn't care for the wife. That's one reason why I think his home life was just fine. Well... his blood relations, anyway.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ntotoro said:

One thing is for certain: His folks didn't care for the wife. That's one reason why I think his home life was just fine. Well... his blood relations, anyway.

Yeah this is just so weird. They said they have never spoken to her, so how could they have an opinion of her?  Maybe they labeled her a gold digger? Regardless something was very wrong there.  

On 5/24/2022 at 7:11 PM, SkinsFTW said:

There are probably 10 more crazy things that happened before and after too. I can't trust anybody in a hospital anymore. Totally ridiculous. For instance, they even diagnosed my cancer as a totally different type of cancer twice and thats why they removed it instead of treating it with chemo, then my leg got chopped off because they waited so long to do it, on and on and on lol. 

I should be dead from that infection, but the 2nd hospital Vanderbilt University in Nashville is amazing, while that first one was going to actually kill me. Once even they realized it, I was put on an airplane!

Damn.  Just Damn!

I'm sorry for all you've been going through.

• 2 months later...

New article in WP on DH's time @ Pittsburg and a rehash of his tragic accident. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/08/24/dwayne-haskins-death-steelers/

No new earth shattering news here except some quotes from Pittsburg QB coach on how hard DH was working to take advantage of his second chance.  The article also indicated that DH had reportedly shown some self realization about has lack of accountability and work ethic when playing for Washington.  There was also a new nugget posted insinuating that DH may have been walking quite a bit of time before he made it to the highway where the accident occurred (in regards to DH's phone reporting his location when his wife got in touch with him right before she called the police about her concerns).  Interestingly there is still no information on where his car that ran out of gas was located nor who the lady was that was in his car with him that morning.  She did evidently report that she was with DH since 7pm the night before. 

• Like 1