Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Unlike the other mid tier guys like Mitchell T. It Marcus M., Carson has had success in the league.  If he can get his head straight and play like he did a few years ago he can be a good bridge to whomever we draft.  Big cap hit this year but not locked into future years makes it more feasible.  If he can get away from the absolute bonehead plays he seems to make way to often he has a chance to be more successful.  This puts even more importance on getting the draft right to ensure Commander Carson is only a bridge.  Unfortunately I just have never liked Carson Wentz much, probably because he was in Philly and never very likable.  I’m going to do my best to give him a chance until I just can’t anymore.  It is a bit troublesome that Carson Wentz will complete the first pass and throw the first TD for the Commanders.  Is this really Ron’s idea of a big swing?

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

How do some feel the fit in Turners scheme will compliment his skill-set?

Should work well.  Scott's system like his father's is about using the run game to crowd the box to set up big plays with the deep ball.  Wentz is the best deep ball thrower/gun of an arm we've had since RG3.  

• Like 4

Just now, CobraCommander said:

Se we're totally screwing ourselves out of a top QB next year. The year that is supposed to be good for drafting a QB.

I think we need a tradable QB so next year when QBs want to move, we can offer something back.

This trade can greatly hurt our ability to move up in future drafts, but makes it much easier to acquire guys via trade.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

We just made the Mark Brunnel mistake all over again--trading valuable picks for someone who was going to be released.

Way too many QB needy teams. It’s delusional to think he was getting released. We may have paid slightly more but the dude has talent and he’s way younger than Brunel was. Plus Brunnel sucked after he lost his scrambling ability. Carson is a legit pocket passer with legit arm talent. 

Wentz is the best QB we have had in a very long time. I’m the first to be negative but the guy is good. Today is a great day for the franchise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think Booger McFarland is an average analyst. Sometimes he says spot on stuff, sometimes I’m shaking my head at what he has to say. 

But he just said, “how often do you see a team trade a pair of third rounders for a quarterback and still need a quarterback?”

Good summary, IMO. 

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Woah, stop the ES press. SoCal is happy about something. 

Kidna worries me and cools me off a bit about this.  :ols:

Was going to say the same thing. Somehow I can connect SoCal being a supporter of a Wentz type personality lol

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Should work well.  Scott's system like his father's is about using the run game to crowd the box to set up big plays with the deep ball.  Wentz is the best deep ball thrower/gun of an arm we've had since RG3.  

Right. Just don’t have enough knowledge of what he’s been up to scheme wise the last two years starting, but like the idea of 10-15 short throws Turner schemes up in most games and allow Wentz to do his thing when needed.

He seemed to lose his mojo or whatever that he had early in his career. Maybe it will be good to link up with a defensive minded head coach—they seem at times to be more receptive to bigger personalities at the QB spot

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

for a guy who they were gonna cut.

You've said this 3 times in the past hour. How do you know he was going to get cut? How do you know there were literally no other teams trying to get him?

What's your job title in the Colts' front office?

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

LOL. "A 2nd, a 3rd, probably another 2nd, a swap of 2s and 28 mil for one year isn't so bad because we can just cut him in a year" is a great defense of a trade. 

Practically my entire posting history under this screen name is dogging this organization out for everything they deserve to be dogged about.  That list is real long and still growing.

This is literally the absolute best that this FO could pull off.  They still have the ability to draft a QB should one they like falls to them at 11, but they don't have to draft a QB.  Elite QB's that don't want to come here are going for 3 1sts, a mega yacht and coach's first born.  Pardon me if I don't think a pair of third rounders for a guy with the talent of Wentz isn't LOLOLOLOL turrible.  

You made it out that he's owed $82MM which isn't true.  If he plays anything like he's played the majority of his career he's easily worth the high 20's cap hits for the next 3 seasons.  If he stinks and is cancerous, they lick their wounds and cut him loose after paying him $28MM.

I can't reiterate enough that beggars cannot be choosers and this franchise is without a shadow of a doubt in the begging category.  They desperately needed to add a legitimate QB to the roster and did what it took to get one that they could actually acquire.  To hate on them for that is hating for the sake of hating.

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1