Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

Sure, I should be jumping for joy and cheering really loud that we got Wentz. My bad. 

It's certainly a more rational, logical and sane option than having the audacity to say that Wentz and Taylor had similar stats last season.  

"Except for the turnovers" LOL. 

Except for 7 touchdowns, TH's 8 more turnovers, and 14 less spots in QBR, they're almost the same.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cool.  I don't have your level of absolute certainity on it.  

I think Howell is very much on the table in a trade back scenario at this point. Maybe even a second rounder if he falls that far. But I agree, regardless of who I think we’re drafting one. 

I don’t think it’s Willis, Pickett. Could be Corral depending. Howell in play. Ridder in play. Strong in play. Nothing to back that. Just vibe.

• Like 3

Just now, KDawg said:

I think Howell is very much on the table in a trade back scenario at this point. Maybe even a second rounder if he falls that far. But I agree, regardless of who I think we’re drafting one. 

I don’t think it’s Willis, Pickett. Could be Corral depending. Howell in play. Ridder in play. Strong in play. Nothing to back that. Just vibe.

My gut is the same, not the first for a QB.  But a 2nd rounder. 

I think it makes trading back now in the first more attractive if possible to get another 2nd rounder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I’d love Howell or Ridder in the 2d.  I’d be ecstatic actually if we’re able to grab one of those at 2

• Like 1

The only real problem with wentz is the injury proneness.

I know carr was a darling of many on this board, but when comparing numbers, it’s honestly hard to argue for carr. Especially for his asking price.

Trubisky and Winston are hot trash. The rookie qb class is the worst in a long time. Aside from a winger on a trade for Huntley, I don’t see how we could have improved our qb situation better than we did.

I won’t repeat all of the reasons why we never had a shot with russ, Rodgers, and Watson.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Supposedly a 3rd rounder and another 3rd rounder -- not sure about the 2nd pick, I've seen 3rd and also seen mid round pick.

Wentz has his faults but the dude has a Rypien level rocket of an arm and can throw the deep ball well.  To maximize that wondering about J. Williams?  Garrett Wilson?  Someone with some seriopus speed.  Granted there are guys like that in the 2nd ala Watson, Pierce, Tolbert, etc.

My point is Wentz to me is a very specific brand and very different skill wise than the Qbs we've had recently.  It makes me think of this receiver group and what would enhance that.

Very deep and talented draft class.

Treylon Burkes or Drake London in the first would give us size and jump ball ability at the X position opposite McLaurin - or maybe George Pickens in the 2nd, he might be a steal for someone if he is fully back from that ACL. Skye Moore in the 2nd as the slot guy would be nice as well.

16 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

I mean, not if their numbers last year were indicative of anything.  He had a bad 2020, but pretty much any other year after being a rookie dunks on Heinicke.

Colts offense centers around their running game first.  Overall total yards, Wentz was #18 and Taylor was ranked #19.  Look at TD/INTs, Wentz 27/7 vs Taylor 20/15.  Definitely an upgrade and I'm sure Wentz's numbers would have looked better last year on a pass heavy team. 

Hell, in 2019 he was #9 in total yards, #5 in total TDs and only had 7 INTs.  He had that horrible year in 2020, sacked 50 times in 11.5 games before they pulled him for Hurts.  Hard to put up numbers when their oline was horrible. 

It will be nice to have a big arm QB that isn't a smurf (He's 6'5") and can actually see over the defensive line and make big plays down the field.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Please don't be a dick. It was just a stats comparison. Nothing more and nothing less. if you want it to make it more then you go right ahead and do so if it makes you happy. 

I wouldn't advise either of you - or anyone else - to make it more.

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

This also tells me that Wentz, TH and a rookie are gonna fight it out in camp because RR says he's all about competition. 

lol Wentz is not competing with Heinicke or a rookie, we dealt for him to be at least a bridge starter. Not to mention that having competition is what makes Wentz melt down and get weird (this is not a positive attribute, to be clear—just reality) and Rivera wants to win games. Wentz will get every single viable rep while healthy this offseason with no competition. For better or worse we traded assets for a starter, not a guy to compete to start. Rivera will use every single practice snap possible to salvage Wentz’s career. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

Ask Carson; it all depends on him.

Who is going to fire Ron not Dan Ron is the best thing he has going right now, and not the GM he hired I think Ron will coach his full contract and then it will be on him if he wants to come back or get out while he has a chance

6 hours ago, SuperBash said:

Just heard Schefter allude to this and I’ve thought this all along: There is no way in hell the Commanders can trade for Watson with all of their SA issues, even if Watson is fully cleared. I can’t see it happening. Not even a consideration for me.

The Bill Belichick school says if there is no rule you can do it. There is no rule. Be like Bill Belichick

10 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Great RB and OL, but yeah, their group of pass catchers was Michael Pittman and then a bunch of meh.  Jack Doyle just retired, TY Hilton has gotta be hanging it up soon if not this off-season.  It's not a good group of targets.

Taylor and Hines both had 40 receptions last season. Hines is one of the best pass-catching backs in the league. 

They also count as pass-catchers. 

1 minute ago, Mooka said:

Taylor and Hines both had 40 receptions last season. Hines is one of the best pass-catching backs in the league. 

They also count as pass-catchers. 

How about pass catchers that catch it past the line of scrimmage?

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

So did we get the Colts 2nd round pick in the deal or have we just swapped 2nd round picks?

Swapped

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My gut is the same, not the first for a QB.  But a 2nd rounder. 

I think it makes trading back now in the first more attractive if possible to get another 2nd rounder.

Albert Breer on The Herd said he believes Wentz is just one move by Washington that is likely to be draft then evaluate 2023.  So he thinks it's like a multiple step process.  He also said as and OC you have to keep things simple for Wentz with a strong running game because he breaks down with too much pressure put on him like he did in Philly.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, duffy said:

Watson has issues of his own. One might even consider his worse. 

I just cannot understand how so many people are convinced that all of Watson's legal/ civil issues are just going to vanish on Friday.

If it were only 1-2 allegations under review, ok think positive bur 22??? Odds are not good.

As far North Dakota Wrong goes... well at least we aren't trading 1st rnd picks on our latest dubious move and we probably won't draft a QB in the 1st which I personally feel is a good thing with this years crop.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m actually pleasantly surprised with the Wentz acquisition when you consider the cost and such.

He seems to have a tough personality, which stinks. But play wise he’s better than what we have. He’s a good on field QB that crapped the bed when Indy needed him. But I like him better as a player than many.

I don’t know if he has any real strikes against him. I haven’t looked into him. Does he carry major issues or is he just kind of a prick?

There were reports out of Philly that players hated him. He is a devout Christian and hopefully being traded twice gives him some humility so he can improve 

• Thumb up 2