Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

All of it

So $28 mill which we can void after this season with an out.  We gave up a lot of early draft picks, IMO to acquire a 1 year rental.  Commanders better be getting their future QB in April.  Do you all agree?  

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

Clearly you guys don't know how to lookup stats. Look at yards, completed passes. Turnover is not the only stat. That is where Wentz was better at and which I said he was. 

Sorry, we thought you were talking about the stats that really matter.  Here's another one....QBR - Wentz #9, Heineke #23.

I was hoping we could finally put this Heineke stuff behind us and here you come talking about they had almost the same stats, and that we are the ones who don't know what we're doing, because they had similar yards and completions.  Sheesh.  You're better than this.

Britney Spears GIF

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shemp nixon said:

I don't mean to be a dick here, but why do people keep bringing up Heinicke? Good dude... Back-up QB.

Please don't be a dick. It was just a stats comparison. Nothing more and nothing less. if you want it to make it more then you go right ahead and do so if it makes you happy. 

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

That's why you have me here!

Yep, you should do your own podcasts.  Keim nailed the Wentz part, even talked about it this morning.  He's talked about them still potentially taking a QB in the first or 2nd/3rd if they trade for Wentz.  Was waiting to hear if that stays the same or changes now that they made the deal.  But now i don't even have to bother to wait for the answer, you saved me some time.  

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

So $28 mill which we can void after this season with an out.  We gave up a lot of early draft picks, IMO to acquire a 1 year rental.  Commanders better be getting their future QB in April.  Do you all agree?  

Not at all.  if he plays well; which he's very capable of; he's signed for two more years after next.   No need to reach for a QB in this year's draft.

I would rather have

taylor, a f/a qb and a drafted rookie then this crap. And that would have cost us zero draft picks.

I am so fed up with this team. When they announce dumfries as the stadium site 60 percent of the remaining fans will go away.

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

I’ve been touting Wentz, I like him as our starter. Contract has a nice one year out. However I think we convert some 2022 cash to create cap space. The trade compensation is slightly higher than ideal for me, but we hit the 2022 draft with picks in the first 2 rounds still. Not bad at all.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sorry, we thought you were talking about the stats that really matter.  Here's another one....QBR - Wentz #9, Heineke #23.

I was hoping we could finally put this Heineke stuff behind us and here you come talking about they had almost the same stats, and that we are the ones who don't know what we're doing, because they had similar yards and completions.  Sheesh.  You're better than this.

Sure, I should be jumping for joy and cheering really loud that we got Wentz. My bad. 

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

This is not the year for that,  nope I don't agree. 

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Not at all.  if he plays well; which he's very capable of; he's signed for two more years after next.   No need to reach for a QB in this year's draft.

I respectfully disagree. :)  I think we go QB in 1st or 2nd if there is one they like.  We also have our 1st round pick for next year.  Guessing some restructures, cuts are coming for extensions and we will be active in FA.  

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Please don't be a dick. It was just a stats comparison. Nothing more and nothing less. if you want it to make it more then you go right ahead and do so if it makes you happy. 

Not looking for a fight , brother. Just trying to look to the new season... 

• Thumb up 1

Lance Zierlien NFL Network on 106.7 saying he's still keep a QB on the table on the draft if there is one you like

My feelings about 11 as I've been saying from the jump is similar to this.  Get an explosive WR.  In this draft, you can get that guy in the 2nd though.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Has anyone actually looked at the Colts last year?   They had many great wins.  several close losses.    They had one good receiver.

Great RB and OL, but yeah, their group of pass catchers was Michael Pittman and then a bunch of meh.  Jack Doyle just retired, TY Hilton has gotta be hanging it up soon if not this off-season.  It's not a good group of targets.

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’ve been touting Wentz, I like him as our starter. Contract has a nice one year out. However I think we convert some 2022 cash to create cap space. The trade compensation is slightly higher than ideal for me, but we hit the 2022 draft with picks in the first 2 rounds still. Not bad at all.

How much can we drop Wentz 2022 cap hit to?