Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Seems like they're similar hits, and Driskel has 11 starts in his bag, okay to meh stats, but he hasn't been Zach Wilson bad or really close to that. I tend to think Driskel's more attractive in that he can step in and play, not sold Hartman ever can. Granted Mariota is filling the same role, but at this point I'm not sure Mariota is better than Driskel (Mariota has the better seasons, for sure, '15 and '16, but he's not done anything of note since, and Driskel's been fine afterwards). It kinda makes sense that they'd go with Hartman to have a developmental guy beyond the vet clipboard guy, but Driskel can run too, and has a track record of solid competent floor starts. 

I wonder what direction they go, they've got a weird multi year deal with Hartman, and a 1 and done with Driskel. Personally, I'd keep Driskel, and dump Mariota. 

Gonna be interesting.  I think Hartman’s destined for the PS (no one is going to bring him into their 53 IMO).  I feel you about Mariota vs Driskel, I think they’re a fairly similar level of competency, but frankly, with Daniels as our starter, I’d carry both in case Daniels misses some time (w/ Driskel likely inactive otherwise).

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

58 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Gonna be interesting.  I think Hartman’s destined for the PS (no one is going to bring him into their 53 IMO).  I feel you about Mariota vs Driskel, I think they’re a fairly similar level of competency, but frankly, with Daniels as our starter, I’d carry both in case Daniels misses some time (w/ Driskel likely inactive otherwise).

In the end QB will be JD, MM and Dan Folgelberg. 

• Koolblue13 changed the title to The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut
Posted (edited)

For the young one who don't know who Dan Folgelberg is.  I give Sam Hartman the new name of Sam Holgelman.  Mix of both Dan and Sam's name.  Folgelberg pictured below. 

image.jpeg.515f97cc72b3329680b04d89694333ec.jpeg

Edited by RWJ
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, RWJ said:

For the young one who don't know who Dan Folgelberg is.  I give Sam Hartman the new name of Sam Holgelman.  Mix of both Dan and Sam's name.  Folgelberg pictured below. 

Why does Jared Leto look like Dan Fogelberg? Why does Sam Hartman look like Jared Leto and Dan Fogelberg?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

Seems like they're similar hits, and Driskel has 11 starts in his bag, okay to meh stats, but he hasn't been Zach Wilson bad or really close to that. I tend to think Driskel's more attractive in that he can step in and play, not sold Hartman ever can. Granted Mariota is filling the same role, but at this point I'm not sure Mariota is better than Driskel (Mariota has the better seasons, for sure, '15 and '16, but he's not done anything of note since, and Driskel's been fine afterwards). It kinda makes sense that they'd go with Hartman to have a developmental guy beyond the vet clipboard guy, but Driskel can run too, and has a track record of solid competent floor starts. 

I wonder what direction they go, they've got a weird multi year deal with Hartman, and a 1 and done with Driskel. Personally, I'd keep Driskel, and dump Mariota. 

Very interesting take. No one likes Mariota but I don't see a world at this point where he won't be the backup and Driskel and Hartman aren't fighting for QB3 with Hartman having a distinct advantage even if he isn't that good. I would think cutting Mariota would cost too much, wasn't his deal like 6 mil?

5 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Hartman has that dog in him.  Keep him over Driskell for the third QB.

I think that is going to happen.  I think Driskell is a camp arm as both Sam and JD both trained together 

On 5/15/2024 at 12:39 PM, RWJ said:

He sang "Memories and Lullabies" didn't he?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, profusion said:

I'm assuming Hartman is being looked at as a future coaching prospect, from the little I've read about him. This is a good way of getting him in the room for evaluation.

Maybe another Gary Kubiak in the making.  

5 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Look, man, if you can only remember the name of one black quarterback, you should at least spell his name correctly.

Don't make me change it back

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Look, man, if you can only remember the name of one black quarterback, you should at least spell his name correctly.

Willie Beamen... ?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

@Koolblue13 are you misspelling Mariota on purpose, too? I can't tell what's a bit and what isn't. Lol

I don't either. I haven't had access to my desktop in months and ever since my retina surgery, I can't see for ****.

• Haha 2