Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Scherff on the way out? I mean there is no way we're planning on playing Flowers at LT and he makes too much to be a backup.

If we can get more than a 3rd for him, I say do it. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Why do people automatically think this has to do with Scherff? Flowers plugs in at LG which was a problem position for us. Big upgrade. I like the move. 

Yes. Agree. But still see why others think Scherff could go. 

2 yr19M contract but you can get out whenever. That's definitely a starter. Played at LG, probably will play there again. 

Which means...

You could trade Scherff and have Schweitzer and Charles compete for the job. 

Everything could stay the same. Charles could be a swing G/OT for another year until you find his spot. 

To me, they're tipping their hand that LB is the move in the first. 

Either way, Scherff's days here are numbered. 

Edited by Silvernon

Honestly don’t think Flowers shows us anything about anything other than we made a good deal and have a new starting LG. 

Doesn’t say who were targeting or not targeting or that were actually trading someone...

It could. But the move itself doesn’t mean much in regard to that stuff.

• Like 2

Wonder what the picks are in the pick swap? Flowers has salaries of $8,975,000 in 2021 (fully guaranteed) and $9,975,000 in 2022 (not guaranteed). So the team is taking on salary in doing this. Yet another OL body too. Seems like there are too many bodies as of now, though many are more bench level type guys

this could be the end of Scherff here.  Cause maybe Flowers can't play RG, but Wes Schweitzer can and plugging Flowers in at LG frees him up

But overall, I can't say I'm enamored of us trading up to getting the best of what's left at the QB position in the draft

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, carex said:

this could be the end of Scherff here.  Cause maybe Flowers can't play RG, but Wes Schweitzer can and plugging Flowers in at LG frees him up

But overall, I can't say I'm enamored of us trading up to getting the best of what's left at the QB position in the draft

If charles can actually play this year our O-line doesn't look too bad all things considering... Charles Flowers Roulier Scherff(or Schweitzer) and Moses.

Scherff could now be trade bate for a very depleted panthers o-line and a 23rd ranks lions o-line

1 hour ago, Morrison J said:

Why do people automatically think this has to do with Scherff? Flowers plugs in at LG which was a problem position for us. Big upgrade. I like the move. 

Schweitzer played really well at LG last year, Scherff trade on the card's in my opinion. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Need to sign Payne to a long term deal. Sadly Jonathan Allen probably can't be retained long term if we keep Sweat, Payne, and Young.

But why would Payne be the choice over Allen?  All they did was pick up the option.

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

The trade for Flowers is definitely a curious one. I wonder who initiated trade talks.

Could be a situation where Fitzmagic had some input and our Oline was probably anticipating him to return as well.

Plus he played pretty well last year.  He found the position he is comfortable with.  We got a steal.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Wonder what the picks are in the pick swap? Flowers has salaries of $8,975,000 in 2021 (fully guaranteed) and $9,975,000 in 2022 (not guaranteed). So the team is taking on salary in doing this. Yet another OL body too. Seems like there are too many bodies as of now, though many are more bench level type guys

$9.975M in 2022 once the big spike in the cap happens will look like great value

15 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

LOL it just reminds me of when I sold my Sega Genesis to someone, then decided I wanted it back, so I bought it from him for $5 more.

Not quite. The Dolphins are eating that full signing bonus with this trade

• Like 1