Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Seems like Trai Turner is quickly hitting the wall. Not sure what is really going on there, but on a cheap, incentive structured deal, I wouldn’t be against a look as a stop gap if we do try to trade Scherff.

He's had a bunch of concussions and his play really fell off last year. I'm fine giving him a minimum and incentives deal if Scherff is traded and no guard is drafted as a replacement

1 minute ago, method man said:

He's had a bunch of concussions and his play really fell off last year. I'm fine giving him a minimum and incentives deal if Scherff is traded and no guard is drafted as a replacement

Agree. That would be my approach too.

2 hours ago, method man said:

Bunch of concussions?  Dude needs to retire.

3 hours ago, ZarG3 said:

Not sure he is even a upgrade over Schweitzer.

Schweitzer is the new RG when Scherff is gone.  They should trade him but can't because he's getting paid too much $.  Maybe if a team gets in a bind they can get something decent for him. 

8 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Schweitzer is the new RG when Scherff is gone.  They should trade him but can't because he's getting paid too much $.  Maybe if a team gets in a bind they can get something decent for him. 

Nailed it.  He gets paid this year and then exits next.  He played RR.

• Thanks 1

The truth is we should have extended Scherff after 2017 or 2018. It was a mistake by the previous FO that Rivera is doing his best to clean up. Its hard to justify trading him for peanuts when we appear to have a window to be competitive and win some games this year but its also gonna be hard watching him walk next off season.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We'll get a 3rd. He was the #5 pick. I hope we can trade him for a 2nd or something. 

They may want a top talent FA next year. That may factor into the decision. In that case, no comp picks. 

If they want a return, he'll have to be traded at the draft. Contract is too big to take mid-season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We'll get a 3rd. He was the #5 pick. I hope we can trade him for a 2nd or something. 

If you are the Jets and you have a ton of cap space, once you draft zach wilson, would you rather have greg van roten at rg or scherff?  Scherff for Mosley.  Draft JOK, and lb went from a weakness to a strength, and we still have 3 day 2 picks for other needs.   Get er done riverboat!

4 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

If you are the Jets and you have a ton of cap space, once you draft zach wilson, would you rather have greg van roten at rg or scherff?  Scherff for Mosley.  Draft JOK, and lb went from a weakness to a strength, and we still have 3 day 2 picks for other needs.   Get er done riverboat!

yeah but Jets could just spend one of their other high picks on a guard like what we would do after trading Scherff.

but i do agree, lets trade for Scherff for a third or a 4th this year then spend the cap savings to extend some of our other young players early that actually want to be here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I'd kill to trade Screff for Mosley straight up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'm not on board with that trade at all. CJ was injured in all of 2019, opted out of the 2020 season. I think it's highly unlikely he gets back to form and plays at the level he did pre-2019. 

He was a top 5 LBer, if he comes back as a legit starter it's a win.

11 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Too many "ifs" with him to trade an All-Pro guard for IMO

That's fair. Scherff is going to probably walk for nothing since Allen never long termed him when he should have and I'd love to get something at a position of need.

34 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's fair. Scherff is going to probably walk for nothing since Allen never long termed him when he should have and I'd love to get something at a position of need.

This isn't so much directed at you as it is to the notion that our FO screwed up with Allen.  When was the right time to resign him?  

• Thanks 1