Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Carolina has his rights I think. I wouldn’t give that man up.

IF he wanted to come back and play for the WFT hopefully the Panther's don't make it an issue.  BB when Gronkowski wanted to come back didn't demand much compensation.  I think it was a 7th.  Someone would need to confirm though.  

7 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

https://nfltraderumors.co/bears-releasing-lt-charles-leno/

Bears Releasing LT Charles Leno. Started all 16 games.

29 years old

Rated 28 out pf 79 qualifiers by PFF

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

https://nfltraderumors.co/washington-cutting-wr-jeff-badet/

Washington Cutting WR Jeff Badet

Isn’t he the guy that proposed to his girlfriend on the field while they were losing by 30 points? p

image.thumb.png.916b2b798bae5a53a635f64525d55a7c.png

• Haha 3

This one could have legs rather than the Aaron Rodgers to DC.  We wait.  I think he has the itch to play and has talked to or RR and Co. have talked to him about coming back to play.  Just a guess.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RWJ said:

This one could have legs rather than the Aaron Rodgers to DC.  We wait.  I think he has the itch to play and has talked to or RR and Co. have talked to him about coming back to play.  Just a guess.  

If I remember correctly he had multiple concussions and Carolina was in transition so it seemed like his decision came down to a risk to reward ratio that he concluded a result to retire.  He always remained a company man and became a scout for them instead of a broadcaster. I'm getting the impression that if he came back it would be to Carolina and not WFT.  RR just drafted a faster version of the same size guy in Davis.  I don't see any reason for Carolina to give his rights away, nor Kuechly coming back to play for any other team. 

1 minute ago, TheShredder said:

If I remember correctly he had multiple concussions and Carolina was in transition so it seemed like his decision came down to a risk to reward ratio that he concluded a result to retire.  He always remained a company man and became a scout for them instead of a broadcaster. I'm getting the impression that if he came back it would be to Carolina and not WFT.  RR just drafted a faster version of the same size guy in Davis.  I don't see any reason for Carolina to give his rights away, nor Kuechly coming back to play for any other team. 

True but see my last post about BB and the Pats.

• Like 1

Just now, TheShredder said:

Interestingly enough for me. I'm a fan!

Far fetched but not as far fetched as Rodgers to DC, right?  :)  A lot has to happen first as he would want to come back and play first.  I doubt he does and all this goes down.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Far fetched but not as far fetched as Rodgers to DC, right?  :)  A lot has to happen first as he would want to come back and play first.  I doubt he does and all this goes down.  

Yeah for sure.  He's likely healthy and feeling good.  The opportunity to play on a top tier D in a scheme that's familiar is probably motivational.  :cheers:

On 5/3/2021 at 9:22 AM, justice98 said:

All of them.  

Are you suggesting a guy like Davante Adams isn't the real deal and is propped up by Rodgers?  

Davante Adams goes look to be a stud WR and among these guys, he is probably has the best chance to be a Pro Bowler without Rodgers.

However, I think it is not an outrageous statement to say that Davante Adam most likely would not have had as good of stats/performance if he had Haskins/Smith/Allen/Heinike group throwing him the ball last year versus having Aaron Rodgers.

Also having Rodgers forces the defenses to truly defend the whole field and making adjustments to their defensive approach that would make it easier for everyone else on offensive line to block.    I know WFT offensive line would have faced different type of pressure if we had Rodgers back there versus someone like Haskins with very limited QB ability or Smith who was shell of his former self.

Even with defensive players, it is much easier to play defense when you have an offense that is putting up points.  Could you imagine what numbers the players on the the WFT defense could have put up if we had Rodgers leading an offense that is putting up ~32 points  (1st in the league) a game.  I looked up WFT stats and I am actually surprised that we put up ~21 points (25th in the league) a game last year because it felt like we were worse minus the Cowboys game.

In conclusion. I am not saying these players will be crap without Rodgers but I can easily argue that having Rodgers or a top 5 QB on the team helps EVERYONE on the team.  Minus few top shelf players, there is a fine line between Pro Bowler players and great players that misses out on making the Pro Bowl.  My contention is that if GB didnt have Rodgers then few of those players probably wouldn't have made it to the Pro Bowl and if WFT had Rodgers then few more of WFT players would have made it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Heard on local radio Ertz is going to be released outright as a June 1st designation. We’ll find out if TE is something this team wants to improve further very soon if that’s the case.

Do we want Ertz?  Does he have anything left?  Why is he being released?  Important questions, I think.

23 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Heard on local radio Ertz is going to be released outright as a June 1st designation. We’ll find out if TE is something this team wants to improve further very soon if that’s the case.

I'd take ertz on an affordable short term deal, but would he agree to a modest deal on a team that would be best suited spreading the ball around.  Thomas should be the #1, and I want bates to have a decent role to develop.  Not to mention our playmaker wrs.  With that structure, we shouldn't be doling out big money to a TE.  Also, Ertz fell off a cliff last year, not sure he is even worth a sizable multi year deal.  

But if Ertz is ok with a short term affordable contract, where he would be part of a committee, absolutely, sign him immediately.  We aren't going to miss letting baugh or hemingway go to make room for him.  We offer him the revenge against philly, on the team to beat in the division.  He could even help us with leverage in the logan thomas extension negotiations if Ertz shows he still has some left in the tank.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Maybe, but you can bet Indy will be in play for Ertz big time....I believe I heard he was almost traded to them over draft weekend? Or maybe Ertz would choose to stay in the division to shove it up the Eagles ass and come to DC?

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

I'd take ertz on an affordable short term deal, but would he agree to a modest deal on a team that would be best suited spreading the ball around.  Thomas should be the #1, and I want bates to have a decent role to develop.  Not to mention our playmaker wrs.  With that structure, we shouldn't be doling out big money to a TE.  Also, Ertz fell off a cliff last year, not sure he is even worth a sizable multi year deal.  

But if Ertz is ok with a short term affordable contract, where he would be part of a committee, absolutely, sign him immediately.  We aren't going to miss letting baugh or hemingway go to make room for him.  We offer him the revenge against philly, on the team to beat in the division.  He could even help us with leverage in the logan thomas extension negotiations if Ertz shows he still has some left in the tank.  

Don't forget about Big Reyes!!!!!

Apparently we will be waiting to see how Bradley-King and Toney look in camp before considering bringing Kerrigan back. If he's still available, I still want at least a 1 year deal to give the new blood time to develop.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Apparently we will be waiting to see how Bradley-King and Toney look in camp before considering bringing Kerrigan back. If he's still available, I still want at least a 1 year deal to give the new blood time to develop.

In today’s world, it makes sense to wait. The ability to roll cap over means that 5 million to Kerrigan is 5 million less next year for Allen/Scherff etc. 

I’d only spend on a clear upgrade. FS would have been nice. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

At TE we have Thomas as the starter, #2 TE is Bates the 4th rounder and we have Reyes. So would Ertz be the 4th active TE on the roster?

Haha reyes is PS all the way.  Ertz would easily push and probably beat out Thomas as the starter if healthy.

• Like 1