Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

7 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

Haha reyes is PS all the way.  Ertz would easily push and probably beat out Thomas as the starter if healthy.

I was under the impression that Reyes drew a lot of interest before he chose to signed with WFT. If so they would risk loosing him if on the PS

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

Haha reyes is PS all the way.  Ertz would easily push and probably beat out Thomas as the starter if healthy.

Not easily....if you look at the numbers Thomas had a pro bowl year last year but got screwed for the Giants TE who didn't sniff Logan's overall numbers. Total screw job. Thomas is a great redzone target and is only getting better. Ertz is a great route runner with good hands and speed but he MAY be on the decline. That being said I think Fitz would use Ertz well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

At TE we have Thomas as the starter, #2 TE is Bates the 4th rounder and we have Reyes. So would Ertz be the 4th active TE on the roster?

I think they could carry 4 and only have 3 active week to week. Probably have room for 3 RBs and 4 TEs or vice versa. That would still let us carry 3 QBs, 6 WRs and 9 OLs which I think is likely. They could also try to sneak Reyes onto the PS but if he shows any promise I don’t think they will risk that.

A dependable #2 TE would be a good idea I think. Too much pressure on a 4th round rookie and a guy who has never played the position to back up Thomas, even if they like both of their long term potentials. Doesn’t have to be Ertz but I think they need someone with a little experience. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I was under the impression that Reyes drew a lot of interest before he chose to signed with WFT. If so they would risk loosing him if on the PS

He drew interest in people wanting to sign him. Just like teams scramble after UDFAs after the draft is over. But most of those players don't make the final 53. I think it's a tall order for Reyes to make the 53. I mean if he just looks unbelieveable, it's possible. But it does not seem probable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK Skins said:

Didn't we confirm that Reyes can't go on the PS?

No. We confirmed that he’s not protected by the International Pathway program on the practice squad. 

And he has too many athletic traits to put on the squad without him getting poached unless he’s literally awful.

Doesnt mean we couldn’t attempt it but I have a sense they won’t risk it (unless he’s really, really bad)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, terpfan said:

I think they could carry 4 and only have 3 active week to week. Probably have room for 3 RBs and 4 TEs or vice versa. That would still let us carry 3 QBs, 6 WRs and 9 OLs which I think is likely. They could also try to sneak Reyes onto the PS but if he shows any promise I don’t think they will risk that.

A dependable #2 TE would be a good idea I think. Too much pressure on a 4th round rookie and a guy who has never played the position to back up Thomas, even if they like both of their long term potentials. Doesn’t have to be Ertz but I think they need someone with a little experience. 

They could sign Ertz or another known vet as cuts come on June 1 if they want to run with 4TE's. Ertz would be a nice fit but I feel like they would want to see what Reyes and Bates look like once they get their hands on them. 

Adding Luke Kuechly to this defense would be incredible. Davis being able to learn from him would be awesome. Nobody could run on us at all and we could just keep our ears pinned back. That would be so fun. 

Yes to Ertz. Would make a great TE2, but probably not worth the price. We also need our TE2 on STs and that's not him, but I think theres room for him.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Adding Luke Kuechly to this defense would be incredible. Davis being able to learn from him would be awesome. Nobody could run on us at all and we could just keep our ears pinned back. That would be so fun. 

Yes to Ertz. Would make a great TE2, but probably not worth the price. We also need our TE2 on STs and that's not him, but I think theres room for him.

The irony on Ertz is I watched a TE tutorial he has on youtube about John Bates.  He likes Bates.  He did a nice job as you'd expect someone like him explaining the nuances of blocking among other things.  Yeah I'd love Ertz, too.  Wonder though if Buffalo and the Colts have the leg up for different reasons. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The irony on Ertz is I watched a TE tutorial he has on youtube about John Bates.  He likes Bates.  He did a nice job as you'd expect someone like him explaining the nuances of blocking among other things.  Yeah I'd love Ertz, too.  Wonder though if Buffalo and the Colts have the leg up for different reasons. 

Wow is that ironic. Did he do that with other TE's or just touched on Bates?

5 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Wow is that ironic. Did he do that with other TE's or just touched on Bates?

He volunteered to give tips to TEs for free online if they asked him.  Apparently Bates did.  He did some others but unless i missed one Bates was the only major prospect in the bunch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rumor is Buffalo is hoping for Engram 

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Rumor is Buffalo is hoping for Engram 

Ok wonder why the Giants would trade him since supposedly their goal is to load Daniel Jones up with weapons.  Unless i am missing a player, its not like they have a killer backup TE and they didn't draft one either.  Having said that maybe they are frustrated by Engram's drops?

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ok wonder why the Giants would trade him since supposedly their goal is to load Daniel Jones up with weapons.  Unless i am missing a player, its not like they have a killer backup TE and they didn't draft one either.  Having said that maybe they are frustrated by Engram's drops?

I think they are looking at moving him because they can’t afford him moving forward.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/evan-engram-21764/

Buffalo is also patient and they may wait it out and see what Knox can do in year 3. Their fan base wants a tight end though so an outright released Ertz could come into play. 

My take? We aren’t going to go after Ertz if he’s released as rumored. We’re going to stick with what we have much to our fan bases dismay. 

1) Ertz won’t be bank breaking but he’ll be more than this franchise wants to pay.

2) I think Thomas/Bates is more than an adequate duo. 

3) I think they’ll see if Baugh/Hemingway have improved

So I think there’s a shot that we go for Ertz I’m not in the camp that thinks we’d sign him even if he wants to come here. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think they are looking at moving him because they can’t afford him moving forward.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/evan-engram-21764/

Buffalo is also patient and they may wait it out and see what Knox can do in year 3. Their fan base wants a tight end though so an outright released Ertz could come into play. 

My take? We aren’t going to go after Ertz if he’s released as rumored. We’re going to stick with what we have much to our fan bases dismay. 

1) Ertz won’t be bank breaking but he’ll be more than this franchise wants to pay.

2) I think Thomas/Bates is more than an adequate duo. 

3) I think they’ll see if Baugh/Hemingway have improved

So I think there’s a shot that we go for Ertz I’m not in the camp that thinks we’d sign him even if he wants to come here. 

My gut is the same which is they don't sign Ertz. 

Ultimately I think were fine at TE, especially because were so loaded at WR now that itll ease the pressure off the position. 

FS I guess I'm also cool with the youth movement. I'd say theres less pressure on that as well with our personnel. If anyone steps up at corner, we can always slide Fuller back there as well, but I think that would mean either a serious injury or complete drop off from Reaves.

31 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Without looking this up, isn't Ertz declining and like 32 or 33?  I'd rather we avoided him as well.  5 years ago, gimme, but not now.

He's 30 and was first team all pro in 2018 and pro bowler in 2019 so if he is in decline it's more recent than that.

Another consideration is that the entire eagles team was in decline the last two years.

• Like 1

IDK if WFT try to go Ertz, but Buffalo/Colts interest in trade doesn't mean that was his preference.  To me that was the teams willing to consider what the Eagles had to say. 

The Boston/Kerrigan/Ertz type moves will likely be after injuries or poor play, so I imagine were waiting a while before they truly come into consideration.

Teams don’t appear to want to trade for Ertz, they are sitting on his release.

Now they already have our 5th, how about we say give us Ertz and that 5th back, and we’ll upgrade that to a 4th, marginal trade offer but they end up with a 4th from us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Now they already have our 5th, how about we say give us Ertz and that 5th back, and we’ll upgrade that to a 4th, marginal trade offer but they end up with a 4th from us.

Ertz with more FAs will be released in the coming week or so.  RR and Co. said that he was going to wait till then and vet FA signing will happen in recent interviews he has had.  There probably will be no official signings until the compensatory pick period is over which is generally around 10 days after the draft.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

He wasn't trade to this point cause no one wants to pay the 8.5 mill.  I'm not helping the Eagle draft position to pay that much at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2