Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I bet they’d love to dump Collins’ contract off the books.

According to Landon Collins Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac  

They have a potential out after this season.  It comes with a dead cap cost but would still save the team money in the long run.

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

This year that is not happening, and JDR sounds pretty excited to get Collins back and in shape.

Maybe Curls production sparks a fire under his ass. Jack knows how to use a SS like Collins pretty well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Going to be interesting how they utilize Collins when Curl is in an big nickel. Gonna have to roll him down. Which leaves just the two backers (likely Holcomb and Davis) in.

The comment about Curl at free is going to be interesting. I’d like to see what  he can do there for sure.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Going to be interesting how they utilize Collins when Curl is in an big nickel. Gonna have to roll him down. Which leaves just the two backers (likely Holcomb and Davis) in.

The comment about Curl at free is going to be interesting. I’d like to see what  he can do there for sure.

I don't know but when you give JDR toys to play with and hopefully players stay healthy we can see how good a D can really be under his leadership.  I think RR leaves him be and let's him do his own thing.  They are very good friends and have worked together before as you know.  :) Like Thomas Davis said on NFLN.  He thinks this can be the #1 D in all of the NFL.  Big statement but if true and with our O getting more pieces we can be special this year.  

• Like 3

17 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Rivera said they wanted competition at Edge behind Chase and Montez but couldn't get any FA to come because they knew they would be stuck these guys. If the 7th rounders don't prove worthy they will either bring back Kerrigan or a released vet. This guy would be competing with the rookies

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I think it's great for plays were rushing more than 4 or5, because we should be getting home quick and itll keep the plays in front of him.

On 5/3/2021 at 7:47 PM, RWJ said:

This one could have legs rather than the Aaron Rodgers to DC.  We wait.  I think he has the itch to play and has talked to or RR and Co. have talked to him about coming back to play.  Just a guess.  

I hope not now that it's been a few days since more info has come out.  I don't get the impression that RR would want to be caught up in drama that has played out with Rodgers.  Plus, the guy is 37/38 and he's not going to give up the future for a QB that's liable to retire in 1 or 2 years.  JMO.  

22 hours ago, JaxJoe said:

I was a little uneasy when I heard Del Rio say he didn’t have a ‘set’ position for Jamin Davis. That tells me the LB position is still in flux from last year.

The LB’s will be the best of Collins, JHC, Davis, Holcomb

You made me pick I’d say:

Will: Collins/JHC

Mike: Davis/Bostic/Mayo

Sam: Holcomb/JHC/Bostic 

I wouldn’t be shocked if JHC starts here however. 

I fully anticipate “Big Nickel” to be the base this year however with a lot of man concepts. 

Davis and JHC the starters with Holcomb backing up both spots and Collins in the slot. 

Edit:  Read the DC’s quotes after this post. I think he spilled the beans that “Buffalo (big) Nickel” will be the base defense. Also the discussion that Davis will learn Sam and Will signal this as well. In base the two positions are so drastically different that you’d have specific skills in mind for each position. In Nickel they are interchangeable and come down more to comfort. 

Edited by Master Blaster
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dyst said:

Not only do we not know how Collins will produce after the injury, we also don’t know how Curl will produce in his second year. 

I know it's curated, but the video released yesterday of Collins looked pretty good in a straight ahead sprint.  Not sure how much the Achilles affects lateral or backpedal movement or if there's the same mental block as cutting after an ACL injury.

55 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Pretty decent FS just hit the market.. 

I’m all in for fast action to grab McCain to compete at FS, assuming no off field issues, crazy contract demands or injurries!

He’s 5’ 11”, 195 lbs and runs a 4.5 forty.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

You don't think Hudson will make the team?

1 hour ago, terpfan said:

Could get another solid player from Miami for cheap... would be a big fan of this move. Apparently he was drafted by our current Sr Director of Player Personnel when he was in Miami. https://twitter.com/reshmanuel/status/1390308711990796290?s=20

Team captain, high character guy in a big position of need. Definitely ticks a lot of boxes. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terpfan said:

Could get another solid player from Miami for cheap... would be a big fan of this move. Apparently he was drafted by our current Sr Director of Player Personnel when he was in Miami. https://twitter.com/reshmanuel/status/1390308711990796290?s=20

This may signal that the fins are signing hooker, he went for a visit earlier in the week.  Bummer, I was hoping we signed hooker.  He could flourish in this defense.  Signing hooker would be a good risk for us to take at this time anyway, bc even if he gets injured again, then we give the young guys a shot, which seems to be what we are planning on doing anyway. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

This may signal that the fins are signing hooker, he went for a visit earlier in the week.  Bummer, I was hoping we signed hooker.  He could flourish in this defense.  Signing hooker would be a good risk for us to take at this time anyway, bc even if he gets injured again, then we give the young guys a shot, which seems to be what we are planning on doing anyway. 

Yeah, for the most part they have stayed away players coming off recent bigger injuries and injury prone guys like Hooker (who healthy would be an awesome fit). 

8 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

If he’s healthy and looks like he’s ready for mini-camp, could he be a trade candidate before training camp?  Or, is he a bit over-priced under performing kind of guy?

2 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

If he’s healthy and looks like he’s ready for mini-camp, could he be a trade candidate before training camp?  Or, is he a bit over-priced under performing kind of guy?

No chance anyone is trading for that contract unless we paid the majority of it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if JHC starts here however. 

I fully anticipate “Big Nickel” to be the base this year however with a lot of man concepts. 

Davis and JHC the starters with Holcomb backing up both spots and Collins in the slot. 

Edit:  Read the DC’s quotes after this post. I think he spilled the beans that “Buffalo (big) Nickel” will be the base defense. Also the discussion that Davis will learn Sam and Will signal this as well. In base the two positions are so drastically different that you’d have specific skills in mind for each position. In Nickel they are interchangeable and come down more to comfort. 

My guess is that Hudson will be a better fit at Will than anyone not named Jamin Davis.  

I’m not ready to say this is for sure the case (goes against my impression), but two good sources have mentioned that Holcomb played Mike for us and Bostic was the Sam.  So I think it’s going to be a matter of would they rather Jamin as SLB and Hudson as WLB, or Davis as WLB and Bostic/Mayo (outside chance of JHC) at SLB.  My guess is the former - Hudson/Holcomb/Davis in base, and then Holcomb/Davis in nickel.

• Like 1