Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I can see the Pats going all out, for Rodgers.

They already went all out, for the TE position.

So they still need someone to throw to them.

And I don't think Jake Dolegala is the answer.

Was this some strange form of haiku?

• Haha 9

I would say now that we're into the definitely not starting portion of the draft, Boston and Kerrigan are probably our 2 biggest FA targets.

Wonder about vets on teams who drafted their position and who might shake loose.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 7:29 PM, LD0506 said:

AR's ego would wreck what Ron is trying to build for us

Helluva QB, not the right one for us

Yep. Lets wait for Russell Wilson next offseason. Better character and younger. He’s the guy you give up 3 1sts and more for

17 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I would say now that we're into the definitely not starting portion of the draft, Boston and Kerrigan are probably our 2 biggest FA targets.

Wonder about vets on teams who drafted their position and who might shake loose.

Luckily, many of those cuts happen right after the draft so that should add to the pool of talent

• Like 2

I think the day 3 post draft day press conference by Mayhew and Rivera was interesting. Definitely going to be adding more in post draft free agency period.

Also when questioned on taking a couple of Edge late in the draft, they said it’s been difficult to get depth in at that position given players know we have to excellent starters already on the roster. That had a clear undertone of the Kerrigan situation. 

At this stage, I really hope we can extend both Scherff and Jon Allen. I think that would send a resounding message that we mean business.

• Like 2

After the draft you usually turn back to the free agent market to fill the rest of your roster holes. But honestly, I really don't see any position where we would need to specifically sign someone. There are a couple of spots where another veteran player wouldn't hurt. Like linebacker (Kwon Alexander, KJ Wright) or safety (Tre Boston, Malik Hooker). Tight end would be a position where we could use one more player as well but the free agent market isn't really exciting. To put it short: I'd be totally fine if we just signed some lower level camp bodies.

This roster looks pretty decent to me. Really excited for the upcoming season even though the QB position is sketchy. What a change compared to years before that.

Bringing in Boston seems the most popular/likely move.

For me, I think we still have a clear gap at TE. Bates is more a blocking TE, there are a load of teams with multiple TE’s, I think one either gets cut that we pick up, or we trade a 2022 day 3 pick for someone. Looking specifically at some of these still on rookie deals in say NE, Tampa or Cleveland.

On 4/30/2021 at 5:14 PM, TheShredder said:

There's no reason WFT shouldn't go big to get Rogers.  If you want to win a Super Bowl, then Rogers gives any team a chance to be a contender.  Give up 3 first round picks plus some sugar on top...no brainer.

How many chances did Rodgers give the Packers? With that said he would have a better chance with our D and now with our semi-improved O. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Bringing in Boston seems the most popular/likely move.

For me, I think we still have a clear gap at TE. Bates is more a blocking TE, there are a load of teams with multiple TE’s, I think one either gets cut that we pick up, or we trade a 2022 day 3 pick for someone. Looking specifically at some of these still on rookie deals in say NE, Tampa or Cleveland.

I agree, although Reaves graded pretty well. Be a real shame to not have the position be locked down by Boston with all the other upgrades. I think the Raiders have a pretty good starter and they drafted 3 safeties.

TE I think Bates could be a day 1 TE2 if need be, especially with us now having a very good WR core. Reyes will be the wildcard there.

I appreciate it is probably viewed an an unnecessary move, but I would love us to go get Steven Nelson at CB. Outside man corner, Fuller to slot, let the rookies learn and flex between corner and safety in their development.

Stacked #1 D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

At this stage, I really hope we can extend both Scherff and Jon Allen. I think that would send a resounding message that we mean business.

I don't think either of them are going to even consider extending until after this season, because of the 2022 cap increase. That's one of the reasons so many big FAs were apparently looking for 1 year contracts. It's going to be an interesting situation because while I think Scherff is probably worth legit top 3 money, Allen is definitely not. Don't get me wrong, he's a great team guy and a good player, but he's not even close to a top 3 DT. But I'm curious what they'll do if he asks to be paid that way.

20 minutes ago, zskins said:

How many chances did Rodgers give the Packers? With that said he would have a better chance with our D and now with our semi-improved O. 

"Semi" improved? I think VERY improved. QB Fitzpatrick. WR McLaurin. Samuel. Dyami. RB: Gibson. McKissic. TE: Logan Thomas. Sammis Reyes OL: Cosmi. FLowers. Roullier. Scherff. Moses. That's a super solid OL. SPEED at WR and RB.  A top 15 TE. A huge improvement at QB. That looks like a top 15 offense to me. 

• Like 2