Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Carolina Football Team

TK

8 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Okay, time to go back to the real world.

This year was awful, ladies and gents, but I couldn't pick a greater group of fans to suffer through it with.  Next week is likely it (I don't see us beating Philly), but boy do we have something brewing here.

The future is bright.  HTTWFT

Honestly before seeing people like you post I had way more love for the fan base. Reading your posts makes me hate the fan base so much. 

5 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

It reminded me of when RG3 ran out to Romo after we beat them in 2012 and tried to offer him "encouragement" in front of the cameras. I didn't mind as much back then, because we'd just beaten Dallas to make the playoffs, but even then I thought it was a douche, "look at me" kind of move. This reminded me of that. 

This is exactly it. It’s well-intentioned, I’m not sitting here saying he has an evil plan to knowingly get in front of the cameras as a “good guy” as some people suspect. But it’s the lack of self-awareness, the tunnel vision on yourself and arrogance to think that your presence or input is even remotely important or on anyone’s mind in that moment. Like, you’re doing it for you not for them, even if you don’t realize it. Because what you’re saying you think is “I can put him over the top with some encouragement” which is just...read the room bud. 

Maybe it's the spirit of the season, but I'm feeling more charitable about Rivera's decision to start Haskins and not bench him at the half. Without Alex, it's tough to go with a QB who only joined up a couple weeks ago. That's usually a desperation move. The playbook for him would be pretty limited.

One problem was that Carolina ate up half the 3rd with that first drive. By the time Rivera saw enough, it was already too late to save the day.

Hurts picked off again to end the game - Fletcher Cox left the game in Q2 with a stinger - he didn't practice all week so was listed as questionable before the game... Gotta think even if the Eagles play their starters next week, Cox won't play... Dallas have outscored the Eagles 34-3 since Cox left the game.

Just now, joeken24 said:

Has anyone on this thread ever seen DH calmly move up and back in the pocket and still get a good ball to his receivers on a deep pass. I've never seen it. 

I like Chase Young's post game interview. He was absolutely high on the Heineke. The players know.

I've been seeing Baker Mayfield make plays like that a lot more often this season and he's been praised highly for it. Starting QBs should have a feel for the pocket. 

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

At least the Eagles have been "Phil-liminated".

They don't have much to play for, and certainly won't be as motivated

Yep hopefully this loss is a big letdown for the team and we can get these Philly media people to get vocal about Pederson’s job security

Archived