Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Carolina Football Team

TK

Just now, Simmsy said:

Something else I don't understand: wouldn't you want to crush your former team, the one that fired you? Why would you stick with a terrible QB, during a game with playoff implications only to be embarrassed at home by your former team. I want answers, but I can't stand to look at Rivera's face right now. 

All I can think of, is maybe he was expecting "Second Half Haskins" to show up some time in this game...at least by the actual 2nd half

Just now, joeken24 said:

You could say Ron messed it up. But Haskins officially ****ed the whole week up. What DH doesn't realize (or maybe he does) is that this media is going to hone in on his distraction and poor game. I'm sure Ron is steaming because he allowed this kid the patience. But many of us maintain hope on people we know are **** ups. Sometimes we're rewarded, sometime not. 

This one of those times Ron will learn (like we all do no matter how long we live).

I agree. At the end of the day Haskins failed to show up to basically the last audition for an nfl career he’ll ever have. Ron took the bullet for him and the is was the thanks he got. I honestly expect him to be either released outright or just deactivated for the remainder of the season.

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Pointing fingers at Haskins for playing like complete ass.  Sims for having hands made out of stone.  And Rivera for putting Haskins in to start...and at the very least, not pulling him at the half.

I like Rivera a lot, but this was inexcusable.

Couldn't agree more. 

if Rivera had started Heineke and he pulled a Peterman, he'd be butchered for not starting Haskins. 

that said the writing was on the wall by half time, should've rolled with Heineke.

2 minutes ago, paully2828 said:

Sims Jr. cost us this game...we came out flat, but gifting them 7 points just helped us spiral. That an Haskins is trash and looks lost

D also gave up some long drives.  Play calling was pretty unimaginitive...tho how much of that was Haskins we dont know.

Refs also played a role today.

Point is...lot of blame to go around.

2 minutes ago, paully2828 said:

Sims Jr. cost us this game...we came out flat, but gifting them 7 points just helped us spiral. That an Haskins is trash and looks lost

I'd put him 3rd in blame list. Turner #1 for not leaning on run in 1st half, haskins #2 for being terrible as a qb and a human being and then sims #3 for the muffed punt. Though that could be blamed on coaching also as hes looked terrible catching punts all year

Is there a Haskins hate club? I wanna join.  Not since Fat Albert have I liked anyone less.  He is up there with some gems.  Archuletta,  Sanders.... someone needs to start a poll.  

Then when Haskins came out during that time out to wish Heineke luck.  What a complete egotistical moron.  

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

Something else I don't understand: wouldn't you want to crush your former team, the one that fired you? Why would you stick with a terrible QB, during a game with playoff implications only to be embarrassed at home by your former team. I want answers, but I can't stand to look at Rivera's face right now. 

Because he’s a professional and probably didn’t give two craps about beating his old team. It was just another game on the schedule for him.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

I agree. At the end of the day Haskins failed to show up to basically the last audition for an nfl career he’ll ever have. Ron took the bullet for him and the is was the thanks he got. I honestly expect him to be either released outright or just deactivated for the remainder of the season.

Yea. We'll be looking at Alex, Heinike and Montez (if they keep three). No way you can put DH back on the field in any situation. Even the kneel down is difficult. 

Just now, JSSkinz said:

What bugs me is I don't believe the team believes in Haskins, the season is almost over, have we watched this team rally around Haskins at any time this year?  I haven't seen it so what is johnboat Ron looking at?

Haskins is irrelevant now.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, if he was Inactive against Philly

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

Is there a Haskins hate club? I wanna join.  Not since Fat Albert have I liked anyone less.  He is up there with some gems.  Archuletta,  Sanders.... someone needs to start a poll.  

Then when Haskins came out during that time out to wish Heineke luck.  What a complete egotistical moron.  

Fat Albert literally tried to doink my buddies wife at RTC and I like him more than Trashkins

Archived