Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Carolina Football Team

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yes. We would be down 3 right now with a 2 pointer. Instead of 7.

I mean theoretically that is true, but the game changes entirely if we kick a field goal. Kicking the field goal would have been the wrong decision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

what a disappointment Gandy golden guy turned into.  Just a nothing burger the entire season.

Btw, the new QB is already playing better than Traskins.

4th round pick from a small school without the benefit of a real off-season.  I didn't have high expectations.

I hope we never see Haskins take another snap for the team.  

• Like 2
Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Pointing fingers at Haskins for playing like complete ass.  Sims for having hands made out of stone.  And Rivera for putting Haskins in to start...and at the very least, not pulling him at the half.

I like Rivera a lot, but this was inexcusable.

I had no problem with him starting but Ron definitely should have pulled him at halftime.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Hindsight for us. Shouldn’t be for the coaching staff that sees him every week. 

I do wonder if the coaching staff saw more from Haskins in practice the past two weeks.  They didn't hesitate to replace him earlier in the season and openly proclaim that other QBs gave us a better shot at winning.  It seems odd that Ron didn't pull him at halftime.  Especially after what he pulled earlier this week.    

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

People are going too crazy on Heineke. The bar is so low because of Haskins. I mean he looked good on some plays and can probably run an offense but the truth is we need a healthy Alex Smith or we have no chance of beating Philly.

Thats all we got man.

Don't be the 2020 of post comment grieving.  🥺

• Haha 1
Just now, PartyPosse said:

I mean theoretically that is true, but the game changes entirely if we kick a field goal. Kicking the field goal would have been the wrong decision.

It didnt matter because we missed the onside kick. But at 4th and 18 I would have kicked it. NBD now. On to next week brother. 

1 minute ago, SAli457180 said:

Ron done messed this thing up

You could say Ron messed it up. But Haskins officially ****ed the whole week up. What DH doesn't realize (or maybe he does) is that this media is going to hone in on his distraction and poor game. I'm sure Ron is steaming because he allowed this kid the patience. But many of us maintain hope on people we know are **** ups. Sometimes we're rewarded, sometime not. 

This one of those times Ron will learn (like we all do no matter how long we live).

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

People are going too crazy on Heineke. The bar is so low because of Haskins. I mean he looked good on some plays and can probably run an offense but the truth is we need a healthy Alex Smith or we have no chance of beating Philly.

I wonder if Taylor H would have started if they knew Alex wasn’t going to play.

Getting three guys reps and up to speed is impossible. I suspect it had something to do with Ron sticking with Dwayne — literally didn’t know if Taylor would know what was going on.

Obviously won’t be a problem next week.

Just now, PlayAction said:

4th round pick from a small school without the benefit of a real off-season.  I didn't have high expectations.

I hope we never see Haskins take another snap for the team.  

I can pretty much guarantee you won’t see Haskins take another snap for us.

17 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

As we work our way back into FG range again. OK man. 4th and 18 is such a sure thing. 

It’s not a sure thing at all, that’s not the point. Its the statistically correct call to make when you’re down 14 points, because you aren’t going to get THREE entire possessions with so little time left on the clock.

As you’re seeing play out right now.

A FG would have done nothing for us. Even more so because onside kicks are borderline impossible with the new rules. It needed to be two TDs in two possessions, and we were in the red zone even if it was 4th down. It was the only chance we had. A FG there makes the final score “look” better but is statistically actually a give up play. Lots of research has been done on it. Scoring a TD on one single play within the red zone (even 4th and 18) still has a much higher success rate and adds more to your win chance than betting on getting three possessions in a row, with little time, where you score a FG, FG, TD. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

Something else I don't understand: wouldn't you want to crush your former team, the one that fired you? Why would you stick with a terrible QB, during a game with playoff implications only to be embarrassed at home by your former team. I want answers, but I can't stand to look at Rivera's face right now. 

5 minutes ago, clietas said:

I just don't get why he stuck with Haskins. He's known Heineken for a few years now.

The only thing I can come up with is to prove how bad he is at QB and make the case that Haskins doesn't belong in the NFL...

• Like 1
Just now, Catatonic said:

Nice!  I was Kempsville ‘85.  Then slow rolled my way through college.  Live in Chesapeake now, but grew up on the VB/Chesapeake border on the VB side, really close to Indian River.  

I still go home from Howard Cty, MD to Chesapeake. Pops is still there. 

Glad to see ODU and NSU playing each other now. Work with ODU guys.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, paully2828 said:

Sims Jr. cost us this game...we came out flat, but gifting them 7 points just helped us spiral. That an Haskins is trash and looks lost

The muffed punt hurt us but if we're assigning blame it has to go to Haskins and possibly Ron for some of his personnel decisions.  

• Like 1