Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Carolina Football Team

Coming from a small school, factoring in WRs typically take a year or two to adjust to the NFL game, I didn't expect anything from AGG this year. The injury also set him back. I wouldn't be too hard on him. I expect more from him next year. But - this is a big but - the team has to improve the WR talent on this team asap.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, KDawg said:

I didn't watch the replay. If they ball was loose when Bridgewater was bringing the ball back, yes. If it was moving forward already, no.

Honestly dude, in all seriousness, I highly recommend you watch the Curl interception, if you havn't already.

It was a striking resemblance to the previous call on the fumble. That was my point.

Not being sarcastic. I wanted your take on it, due to the amazing similarities

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Was really not pleased with Gandy Golden today.

Yeah dropped a couple and didn't do a good job with positioning on the high ball from Heineke. All of the receivers failed today IMO. Hell McKissic looked better than all of them.

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

All of it. Straight fraud. If Haskins posted it would be the same posts. 

Are we taking about the same poster? Are you drunk? (no one would blame you)

Edit: the funniest part about this is that the dude who “liked” your post is the biggest Kool-Aid drinking homer here but it turns out you actually were posting about disliking false optimism/bravado (I assume given your Haskins dig, I don’t think any of it applies to the person you quoted and insulted)

Edited by ConnSKINS26
59 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

I agree Hooper.  Like I said in the other thread: kids dream died today.  Much of it by his own hand, to be sure, but make no mistake it died (or is on extreme life support).  I'll give him a pass on not talking to the media.

Yeah. I get the frustrations and I’m glad we don’t have to see him behind center, but the number of posters relishing his misery is disturbing to me.

8 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Remember how good you felt today... when the Giants got blown out by the Ravens??

Seems a long time ago, right?

THAT WAS TODAY?!??!? 

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Edit: the funniest part about this is that the dude who “liked” your post is the biggest Kool-Aid drinking homer here but it turns out you actually were posting about disliking false optimism/bravado (I assume given your Haskins dig, I don’t think any of it applies to the person you quoted and insulted)

Hey, he’s in law so don’t mess with him. 

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Dude search his posts on Sean Taylor before he  died. He has the nerve now to call him his favorite player on his bio page. Dude is a pretend feminist and threw so many of our players under the bus including Sean.  Do a search of his posts in 2006 and 2007 then try to defend him...

Also, if you’re not drunk after that debacle you have either admirably decided to conquer your demons and not drink anymore or more likely you are doing life wrong. 

• Confused 2
17 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Also, if you’re not drunk after that debacle you have either admirably decided to conquer your demons and not drink anymore or more likely you are doing life wrong. 

Hey now, alcohol is NOT the  answer to everything! 

i say as I pour myself another drink :) 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Remember how good you felt today... when the Giants got blown out by the Ravens??

Seems a long time ago, right?

Good?? You kidding me? I felt nervous! I dont think anyone in their right mind felt good. It’s Washington you’re talking about here :P 

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

The truth was there was an immediate professionalism to the offense from Taylor's first snap, so its super easy to say. 

Again, its easy to say after it occurs. But I am absolutely happy we got to see it. 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Oh I'm not defending Haskins at all. I don't want him anywhere near this team ever again. But we should pump the brakes a bit. The history of the league is filled with situations like this.

Like what?

15 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Like what?

Colt McCoy in 2018 when Alex got injured. Nick Mullens in his first start with the 49ers several years ago. Matt Flynn. Drew Stanton. There are a lot of QBs out there that can make it work when they only have to do it for 1 or 2 quarters, some even a whole game. Being gameplanned for makes a world of difference. We've seen what Dwayne looks like when he's gameplanned for, so I'm good with seeing what Heinicke can do.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Colt McCoy in 2018 when Alex got injured. Nick Mullens in his first start with the 49ers several years ago. Matt Flynn. Drew Stanton. There are a lot of QBs out there that can make it work when they only have to do it for 1 or 2 quarters, some even a whole game. Being gameplanned for makes a world of difference. We've seen what Dwayne looks like when he's gameplanned for, so I'm good with seeing what Heinicke can do.

Yeah exactly.

I'm not saying Heinecke didn't look pretty good out there. He did. But to just assume he'd do that over the course of an entire game is silly. The Panthers were playing softer coverages and were basically checked out at that point because the competitive portion of the game was over. And to assume he'd do that next week when an opponent has a week to disect his film and prepare is also silly.

I agree 100% he's better then Haskins right now. But I won't kill Rivera for not starting him. Who is to say Haskins wasn't better in practice? Again Heinecke is a career practice squad type who's bounced around.

• Like 2
Just now, PartyPosse said:

Maybe I wasn’t paying attention too much but it felt like there wasn’t much zip on Taylor’s passes. They all looked like floaters out there.

Yeah, he threw a duck that should have easily been picked.  I don't care.  He's a million times better than Haskins.  

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Yeah, he threw a duck that should have easily been picked.  I don't care.  He's a million times better than Haskins.  

He is. I don’t deny that. I just wonder if Detroit was more aggressive in making plays on the ball versus just playing a prevent how he would have fared.

2 minutes ago, clietas said:

Ok now I'm thinking this game was rigged AF. Lotta shiity officiating. Ads now for Washington vs Philly as the Sunday night game next week. Ugh.

Haskins is still Trashkins. 

The NFL could have just flexed a different game to Sunday night if there were other implications.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah exactly.

I'm not saying Heinecke didn't look pretty good out there. He did. But to just assume he'd do that over the course of an entire game is silly. The Panthers were playing softer coverages and were basically checked out at that point because the competitive portion of the game was over. And to assume he'd do that next week when an opponent has a week to disect his film and prepare is also silly.

I agree 100% he's better then Haskins right now. But I won't kill Rivera for not starting him. Who is to say Haskins wasn't better in practice? Again Heinecke is a career practice squad type who's bounced around.

I hear you but reading his Wiki, it seems like Heinicke's biggest issue has been staying healthy. And as a UDFA, he's not going to get any benefit of doubt anywhere. If he can stay healthy and in a starting role, who knows how he could perform? And we're only talking 1 game.

I just feel like Dwayne is not even an option. He's awful, but moreover, it's painfully clear to me that his teammates do not respect him and do not trust him. They don't play well when he's back there. It was night and day when Heinicke stepped in. Even, or especially, among the other guys.

• Like 1