Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Carolina Football Team

TK

3 minutes ago, PlayAction said:

4th round pick from a small school without the benefit of a real off-season.  I didn't have high expectations.

I hope we never see Haskins take another snap for the team.  

That and he's been hurt most of the season.  A few of the successful rookie receivers have given fans a false sense of how long it takes most receivers to develop.  AGG may never turn into anything but it's way too early to tell.  

3 minutes ago, Searchingforaqb said:

Couldn't agree more. 

if Rivera had started Heineke and he pulled a Peterman, he'd be butchered for not starting Haskins. 

that said the writing was on the wall by half time, should've rolled with Heineke.

Easy to say after Heineke plays well. But I get it. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’d just tell haskins to stay home New Years weekend. Tell him to party all week cause it’ll be the final week he’ll be in the NFL. 

he should be cut tomorrow. He’s the worst kind of guy to have on a team. I like Ron but it really makes me wonder seeing him go with Haskins and then having him start the second half. We didn’t have a chance with him. It was clear as day. Really hard to understand it. 

9 minutes ago, ananoman said:

Cuz when you are picked 15th in the draft and have a fat contract and signing bonus, you are going to get every opportunity to show something 

Yep. Heard Ryan Clarke talk it about that a few weeks back. He said something like 'High draft picks have to prove they can't play while late and undrafted guys have to prove they can' and the leash for high drafted guys is very long.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I feel better about Philly tho.

They couldn't beat Dallas, and I think either Smith or Heinicke can beat them, if we don't turn it over like crazy again.

Don't underestimate Hurts and Philly.  Anything is possible with this team.  Here's hoping they pull it out next week

Just now, NoCalMike said:

So what exactly did Heinke not show Rivera to lead him to believe Haskins was a better option? And after that abysmal first half?  I know it is a hot take at this point, by I will say it anyway, if Heinke started, this was likely a win.

Again its easy to say when Heinke comes in down 14. The Panthers are playing softer coverage just giving up easy stuff to kill clock. We don't know what the offense would have looked like if he played from the get go. And we don't know what it'll look like next week(if he plays)now that there is film on him. The history of the league is FILLED with guys like this. Don't assume anything.

4 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Is there a Haskins hate club? I wanna join.  Not since Fat Albert have I liked anyone less.  He is up there with some gems.  Archuletta,  Sanders.... someone needs to start a poll.  

Then when Haskins came out during that time out to wish Heineke luck.  What a complete egotistical moron.  

Just more immaturity on display.

11 minutes ago, alwaysberedskinstome said:

Curious if del rio agreed with starting haskins. I've been thinking all year that I'd rather had del rio as hc

Then all year you’ve been thinking something really dumb, sorry man. Still time to course correct as the year isn’t over. Del Rio is a good DC though. 

6 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

You could say Ron messed it up. But Haskins officially ****ed the whole week up. What DH doesn't realize (or maybe he does) is that this media is going to hone in on his distraction and poor game. I'm sure Ron is steaming because he allowed this kid the patience. But many of us maintain hope on people we know are **** ups. Sometimes we're rewarded, sometime not. 

This one of those times Ron will learn (like we all do no matter how long we live).

It is Haskins' fault, but coach has got to step in and do what needs to be done. It's why I still have a bone to pick with Shanny at the end of 2012. It doesn't matter that your QB wants to play despite being injured or just straight up sucking. He's a player, Coach is god on the field. So be god and make the right decision.

When owners or general managers pick a Head Coach they often go for the offensive minded Head Coach.  Now you see why.  Ron thought his defense could win it for him.  Jack Kent Cooke picked Joe Gibbs over Richie Petibone.  Years later after Gibbs left they  picked Pettibone the defensive Head Coach and he did not last long.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I expect Duff beer guy to be the starter next week with Smith as semi- emergency QB, resting for potential playoff game the week after

Same. Have Smith ready but don't force him out there unless Heinecke is struggling. 

Honestly though, Turner needs to get his **** together as well. We were running the ball extremely well to start the game and then we just went away from it and put it into Haskins' hands. Carolina ran 80 yards on us on their TD drive, they did not pass it once. There is no need to pass it with a horrible QB if the opponent cannot stop the run and at that point, Carolina hadn't shown anything to suggest that they could. Oh and there is also no need to run it on 3rd and 1 with ****ing Logan Thomas.

Archived