Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Carolina Football Team

TK

Okay, time to go back to the real world.

This year was awful, ladies and gents, but I couldn't pick a greater group of fans to suffer through it with.  Next week is likely it (I don't see us beating Philly), but boy do we have something brewing here.

The future is bright.  HTTWFT

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Ron, please just say you thought Haskins was slightly better than practice squad refuse, you were proven wrong, and you'll do something different next week. 

I mean we all know Haskins isn’t starting another game, would him making some sort of formal announcement about it make you feel better?

3 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Regardless of the coverage, Heinke got the ball out with accuracy and pulled the ball down when he needed to. This consistent defense of Haskins is ridiculous. That's it man. There is just no reasonable defense for his play.

Oh I'm not defending Haskins at all. I don't want him anywhere near this team ever again. But we should pump the brakes a bit. The history of the league is filled with situations like this.

46 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I wonder why it took our coach the entire game (a winnable one) where it was win and in, and Rivera chose to be a ****ing moron and sabotage his team 

Maybe he knows Alex is hurt and didn’t want to give the eagles any game tape...lol Heiny has looked better than any web we’ve had in two years!

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

This year was awful, ladies and gents, but I couldn't pick a greater group of fans to suffer through it with.  Next week is likely it (I don't see us beating Philly), but boy do we have something brewing here.

We still have a Week 17 win and in game. If you were to tell any of us that at the start of the season we would take it 100%.

Get Smith and McLaurin back healthy and we have more than a puncher's chance.

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

IDK. We can still win the division with something resembling an NFL QB. A playoff game? Less likely.

Regardless, this should end all talk of Haskins next year. Colossal bust

This was so predictable if you have followed this franchise since Danie Snyder took over.  And I am going to go on record now and say they will lose to Philly next week because Philly even though nothing to play for will be fired up to knock their assess out of the playoffs, Dallas will beat the Giants and win the division and the WFT will be at home for the playoffs yet again.  And what will the fans be left to chew on in the offseason?  A three game losing streak to end the season,  a multiple winning streak by their arch rival to overtake them and win the division quarterbacked by Andy Dalton for gods sake, a few meaningless wins in the middle of the season that adversely impacted their draft position, and essentially no quarterback who could start for another team and no one that can be developed.  Prove me wrong.  I dare you.    

1 minute ago, glongest said:

This was so predictable if you have followed this franchise since Danie Snyder took over.  And I am going to go on record now and say they will lose to Philly next week because Philly even though nothing to play for will be fired up to knock their assess out of the playoffs, Dallas will beat the Giants and win the division and the WFT will be at home for the playoffs yet again.  And what will the fans be left to chew on in the offseason?  A three game losing streak to end the season,  a multiple winning streak by their arch rival to overtake them and win the division quarterbacked by Andy Dalton for gods sake, a few meaningless wins in the middle of the season that adversely impacted their draft position, and essentially no quarterback who could start for another team and no one that can be developed.  Prove me wrong.  I dare you.    

I expect you won’t be here on the board next week then.

2 minutes ago, glongest said:

I don't believe you're wrong for thinking this, though of course I hope you are wrong in the end.

This defense deserves more meaningful football. 

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Young, and Sweat. Curl, and Logan Thomas. Now Heinecke maybe. We have some things to be positive bout.

I'm sure everyone that watched the game saw Heineke sitting in the pocket for a nice amount of time. Moving up, back and sideways while keeping his eyes down field. He went through his progression and got the ball out with touch and completed passes. He pulled the ball down and made first downs with his feet. With Haskins, you get what? may he gets the ball out and you hope for a completion (but expect an incomplete or INT). You expect a sack or a sack fumble if he stays in the pocket too long. That's about it. What we saw last week was the exception. We we saw this week was the norm. I just go back to the big arm narrative that keeps DH employed. Its exactly like a 6'11 basketball player that sucks. You can't coach height, so you hold on to some false belief the WFT's version of Kwame Brown is going to work out. 

Archived