Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Carolina Football Team

11 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Honestly before seeing people like you post I had way more love for the fan base. Reading your posts makes me hate the fan base so much. 

Weird comment towards a good poster dude. What exactly does he post that you hate so much? 

• Thanks 4
31 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

When owners or general managers pick a Head Coach they often go for the offensive minded Head Coach.  Now you see why.  Ron thought his defense could win it for him.  Jack Kent Cooke picked Joe Gibbs over Richie Petibone.  Years later after Gibbs left they  picked Pettibone the defensive Head Coach and he did not last long.

He didn’t think anything, it’s a rebuilding year where we just so happen to be in the running for one of the worst divisions in NFL history. This wasn’t meant as a playoff team and it wasn’t advertised as one. 

Also, and I know this is hard for WAS fans to swallow—but things that happened in the 80’s do not matter in the 2020 NFL reality. That example means nothing. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Mpvanskins said:

I hope all of the Haskins supporters are rethinking things right now...**** that dude

After what we saw today I would be surprised if ANYONE gave him another shot. Mechanical issues aside, he MENTALLY collapsed today too. 

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Honestly though, Turner needs to get his **** together as well. We were running the ball extremely well to start the game and then we just went away from it and put it into Haskins' hands. Carolina ran 80 yards on us on their TD drive, they did not pass it once. There is no need to pass it with a horrible QB if the opponent cannot stop the run and at that point, Carolina hadn't shown anything to suggest that they could. Oh and there is also no need to run it on 3rd and 1 with ****ing Logan Thomas.

Showed a complete lack of synergy with the D, too.  You have to be thinking about giving them a rest, and the best way to do that is running the ball and moving the chains (which only our run game was really doing).  I mean, it’s so obvious our D is (and has been) carrying the team... maybe throw them a bone?

On top of all of that, with your qb playing like dog poo and your only good receiver out, you throw nonstop?  

And who do I talk to about receivers winding up within a couple of yards from each other on a regular basis?  Either our receivers aren’t understanding the playbook/plays (who’s the receivers coach again?), or Turner really needs to re-examine some of his play designs. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Okay, time to go back to the real world.

This year was awful, ladies and gents, but I couldn't pick a greater group of fans to suffer through it with.  Next week is likely it (I don't see us beating Philly), but boy do we have something brewing here.

The future is bright.  HTTWFT

That defense is 2 players away from being very special (barring injury, regression, unforeseen circumstance). The offense clearly missed McLaurin and competent QB play. Gibson is a future stud--especially if he improves his receiving. God, do we need a QB...which is why I won't cry about possibly losing to Philly next week.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not a surprise. He knew today was his last shot to see the field again (at least here) and he **** the bed. If I KNEW my boss was going to fire me I probably wouldn't answer either. Lol.

Ron doesn't need my respect or the respect of anyone on this board, he's a good man and has proven himself someone who is strong and worthy of respect. 

But man he can really save some face tonight by having Haskins released for playing terribly and ducking the media. That would be awesome. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 4
14 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

At least the Eagles have been "Phil-liminated".

They don't have much to play for, and certainly won't be as motivated

Same goes for Carolina and look what happened.  Philly would probably like nothing better than eliminate a division foe when they have an opportunity to clinch.  Hopefully, they aren't motivated, but I doubt that.  

• Like 1