Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Carolina Football Team

1 minute ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Haskins running onto the field was the most cringe thing I’ve ever seen and a new low, even for him. Please cut him. 

It was the worst.  It felt like a fever dream, this can't really be happening can it?

One... last... chance... to make it about me... about the Dwayne

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

What bugs me is I don't believe the team believes in Haskins, the season is almost over, have we watched this team rally around Haskins at any time this year?  I haven't seen it so what is johnboat Ron looking at?

Maybe a top 12 draft pick.  Maybe?  Just kidding.  I think Rivera played who he thought gave him the best chance to win.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Again its easy to say when Heinke comes in down 14. The Panthers are playing softer coverage just giving up easy stuff to kill clock. We don't know what the offense would have looked like if he played from the get go. And we don't know what it'll look like next week(if he plays)now that there is film on him. The history of the league is FILLED with guys like this. Don't assume anything.

Regardless of the coverage, Heinke got the ball out with accuracy and pulled the ball down when he needed to. This consistent defense of Haskins is ridiculous. That's it man. There is just no reasonable defense for his play.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

It was the worst.  It felt like a fever dream, this can't really be happening can it?

One... last... chance... to make it about me... about the Dwayne

It reminded me of when RG3 ran out to Romo after we beat them in 2012 and tried to offer him "encouragement" in front of the cameras. I didn't mind as much back then, because we'd just beaten Dallas to make the playoffs, but even then I thought it was a douche, "look at me" kind of move. This reminded me of that. 

• Like 1
Just now, Warhead36 said:

Again its easy to say when Heinke comes in down 14. The Panthers are playing softer coverage just giving up easy stuff to kill clock. We don't know what the offense would have looked like if he played from the get go. And we don't know what it'll look like next week(if he plays)now that there is film on him. The history of the league is FILLED with guys like this. Don't assume anything.

This is all true.

Its also true that his ball placement, running ability, and decision-making were all instantly an upgrade so it doesn’t really require knowing any of that to see that he couldn’t have been worse. He might not have looked as good as he did at the end when you rightfully point out he had it easier, but that doesn’t take away the fact that he placed the ball correctly most of the time in a way that Haskins doesn’t, showed better mechanics and pocket awareness, and an instinctual use of his legs once his downfield options have run out. Even approaching the LOS he had some interesting plays where he faked one thing to gain running room and then took it. 

So sure the game plan may have been different and the defense he saw would have been different, but there are things he’s doing in and out of the pocket that Haskins wasn’t that can be evaluated separately. 

I’m not saying he’s some stud. It just drives home how bad Haskins is and how he’s regressed instead of progressed. 

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, alwaysberedskinstome said:

Do you think del rio would have stuck with haskins until game was already over? I dont. 

I think moving away from Rivera and going with Del Rio as head coach is a big step in the wrong direction.  Del Rio historically has been a great defensive coordinator but a subpar head coach.  Not the same skillset.    

2 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Honestly though, Turner needs to get his **** together as well. We were running the ball extremely well to start the game and then we just went away from it and put it into Haskins' hands. Carolina ran 80 yards on us on their TD drive, they did not pass it once. There is no need to pass it with a horrible QB if the opponent cannot stop the run and at that point, Carolina hadn't shown anything to suggest that they could. Oh and there is also no need to run it on 3rd and 1 with ****ing Logan Thomas.

Best post of the day. We could have won this game with horrible haskins. All we had to do was lean on what was working which was the run game. We didnt have one carry under 3 yards before the stupid thomas wildcat play

14 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

That last question. What you want to see from Haskins during the week. Ron, like something got stuck in his throat, says "Ahh.ummm.. just improvement." Walks off the stage...lol

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2