Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

19 hours ago, Larry said:

But the cases we've heard of, of doctors, nurses, pharmacists?  Part of me wants them to lose their license. 

Part of you?  That's a clear violation of the Hippocratic Oath.  Shred their licenses and burn the confetti, and dump the ashes in a volcano.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

The whole fraudulent vaccine cards thing is funny to me mostly for two reasons:

I like yours but my biggest issue…

you’re literally lying about something you claim to feel so strongly about. 

way to own your opinions  

(my second biggest issue is the risk they’re posing to people who may feel a certain sense of security to do something, or do it a certain way, and you’re lying about who you are putting all of them at risk )

Anti-vaxxers adopting the “freedom” mantle is such nonsense because they are actively impeding the freedom of the vast majority of the public by willingly serving as incubators for a deadly new virus. They are depriving people of valuable medical care by overwhelming hospitals. They are endangering children who can’t receive the vaccine. They endanger immunocompromised people who can’t be vaccinated. They endanger the economy and livelihood of millions by slowing our recovery.

**** outta here.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Thank god I don't leave near all these dumbasses:

Covid-19 is crushing this corner of rural America. Getting the vaccine can still feel like an act of treason

It felt like Covid-19 was closing in around us during the five days in August this CNN crew spent in Carter County, Missouri.

In Van Buren, the county's biggest town, we were sitting next to a 16-year-old when she got a text that masks would be mandated at school because about 20 kids had tested positive after just two days of class. One person we'd wanted to interview had to go to the hospital with a breakthrough infection. Another person found out the night before our interview she'd been exposed to coronavirus by a sick kid at church.

People were gossiping about who had it and where they got it and whether there was someone in town who knew they had it but refused to isolate.

"Everybody's scared. Everybody's coming down with it. And it's almost like a plague," Brandon Helvey said. Helvey had had Covid-19 three weeks earlier, but he didn't want to get the vaccine yet, he said. He thought it was still unproven.

CNN had come to Carter County, in the Ozark Mountains, in October 2020, when coronavirus was starting to hit rural America. At the time, the debate was over masks, and it was very political. "We sit in the coffee shop and we see someone wearing a mask and we think: Democrat," Brian Keathley said last fall, weeks before he got the virus.

Carter County has just 6,000 people. Van Buren has about 820 residents. It's the kind of place where everyone knows everyone -- and everyone knows everyone who has Covid-19. We came back in August to see what had changed since last fall and what hadn't -- and why, if people here personally knew so many people who got sick, just 27% of the county is fully vaccinated.

"I had both shots of the vaccine, and people just acted like, 'Oh, it doesn't help,'" Cheryl Wetton said. "It bothers me sometimes that people act like Covid is a big joke. I always want to say, 'Well, why don't you just come right up here to the cemetery, and I'll show you my husband's grave? And I can show you it's no joke.'"

Wetton actually did say that to a guy in town, she later confirmed. "He just got real quiet."

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

I am not sure about the history of vaccine mandates in the country but as far as schools themselves go, vaccine mandates are not new and kids have been required to have vaccines for a long time.  It just shows how the current political climate will manufacture two sides out of any issue in the name of divisiveness that can be exploited.

• Like 3

Not serious about this but...

What if we passed a law in Congress that no one be permitted into a voting booth without proof of vaccination? It'd be a great way to protect poll workers and volunteers at these facilities. Make it a federal law that all states need to abide by. It wouldn't restrict voting. After all, non vaccinated people could simply vote by mail... unless they live in a Red State that happened to restrict mail in voting.

7 hours ago, China said:

And it's almost like a plague," Brandon Helvey said.

Click on the link for the full article

Almost like a plague? Almost?

It is a plague.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I am not sure about the history of vaccine mandates in the country but as far as schools themselves go, vaccine mandates are not new and kids have been required to have vaccines for a long time.  It just shows how the current political climate will manufacture two sides out of any issue in the name of divisiveness that can be exploited.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

If I am brutally honest, I will admit I would like to see a variant emerge with a 20%+ mortality rate for the unvaccinated, just so we can rid ourselves of some of the stupid in this country.

Wishing for another variant and more death. Classy.