Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

37 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Jokes on you. I wouldn't even know that these existed until I googled it just now to see what you were talking about. 

You perpetuate that which you claim to hate lol. I think you are just one of them smelly closet libs. 

22 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

You and me both.  I thought he actually was making an X-Files reference.  After research I find I DO want to believe Black Lives Matter, women's rights are human rights, no human is illegal, science is real and kindness is everything. 

What bitter, angry small sort of man would not want to believe those things?  And why wouldn't he have something better to do than troll about a thing that only has as much impact on him as he lets it?

:ols:

I was wondering if I was the only one. I was like "believe"?

Picture of mojo at home right now:

mad-as-hell.gif

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yard Sign:  WE BELIEVE IN SCIENCE

@mojo:  RIDICULOUS!

Yard sign: WATER IS LIFE

ALL LIVES MATTER

When did people start disputing that water is essential to life or that lives matter?  Do people just want validation for not being a moron?

I'm putting a sign in my yard that says "I believe the Earth is round".

9 minutes ago, mojo said:

ALL LIVES MATTER

When did people start disputing that water is essential to life or that lives matter?  Do people just want validation for not being a moron?

Why does it bother you so much?

11 minutes ago, mojo said:

ALL LIVES MATTER

I take you for more of a Thin Blue Line kinda guy, but hey, 1st Amendment and all that. 

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Why does it bother you so much?

It’s further proof of the dumbing down of our society.  These proclamations on these signs are kind of rule of thumb ideals for decent people.  Why do they need to put on a sign in your yard.  My neighborhood is filled with them.  
I feel like have stickers made up that say “Congratulations! You’re not a slack jawed fu***ng idiot”

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, mojo said:

It’s further proof of the dumbing down of our society.  These proclamations on these signs are kind of rule of thumb ideals for decent people.  Why do they need to put on a sign in your yard.  My neighborhood is filled with them.  
I feel like have stickers made up that say “Congratulations! You’re not a slack jawed fu***ng idiot”

Do you feel like that way about all signs?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, mojo said:

Ah, I see. So you have to go out of your way to be against those signs and their message just to people know you are not one of them. Basically, your only real opposition to messages that you seem to think are 'no ****ing duh common sense' is that they even have to be stated at all. And thus, even though you agree with them....cause no ****ing duh thats common sense....you gotta prove how smart you are otherwise you could be confused for representing one of those statements you basically agree with. 

Got it. That's smart. And totally not a waste of time. 

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Do you feel like that way about all signs?

My man has a sign in his yard that says I ****ing hate signs lol

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, mojo said:

It’s further proof of the dumbing down of our society.

I'm going to respectfully disagree.  "Water is life" is certainly an obvious statement on the surface.  It is derived from the Lakota phrase I wrote above.   The Lakota, due to water scarcity in many of the places they chose to live, treated water and water reserves with far greater respect than we do since water is, for the moment, abundant.  That's why the phrase "water is life" has become popular as a protest against, for example, pipelines.  Thus the phrase "water is life" on a sign, at least to me, is not simply a statement of the obvious, but rather is an invitation to think more deeply about how we treat our water reserves; does what looks like economic benefit right now necessarily offset endangering one of the basic necessities of life.

Same thing with "black lives matter".  Obvious on the surface.  And maybe makes you think, hell shouldn't it say the obvious: that all lives matter.  But the phrase is actually an invitation to think about how we have treated, and continue to treat, black lives in our society.

So I don't think  "obvious phrases on signs" are necessarily an indication of dumbing down...they can be invitations to think more deeply about topics if you go beyond just the obvious expression on the surface.

(edit...I'm just continuing this conversation here...but this discussion should probably find a different thread as it has veered from vaccines.  Apologies mods.)

Edited by Jabbyrwock
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, mojo said:

I’m glad you brought that up.  Y’know what really grinds my gears? Yield signs.  F*** them!

you just got one sign you should heed for your gratuitous  "i bet 85%..." keyboard fart

and i'll give you another sign if necessary that will read 'banned from the tailgate' if you keep doing drive-by stupid posts, especially off-topic stupid, that add nothing else into these discussions but stupid

• Haha 2