Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

4 minutes ago, China said:

All you posers who put ranch on your Buffalo wings beware, the Deep State will be putting the vaccine in salad dressing:

Salad dressing?  I don’t think that would make a dent.  I’m telling ya, if scientists could figure out a way  to lace high fructose corn syrup with the vaccine, COVID would be in the rear view mirror.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, China said:

All you posers who put ranch on your Buffalo wings beware, the Deep State will be putting the vaccine in salad dressing:

To be fair (not that Flynn deserves anyone to be fair to him), he was talking about that as being part of the beliefs of the more fringe bizarre elements out there, not necessarily saying he believes it. But it's still indicative of just now loony tunes the conspiracy theory right is getting with the vaccine crap.

4 hours ago, China said:

4 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Salad dressing?  I don’t think that would make a dent.  I’m telling ya, if scientists could figure out a way  to lace high fructose corn syrup with the vaccine, COVID would be in the rear view mirror.

BBQ sauce.  

41 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I find this story weird. I know it’s a right wing wet dream, but other BLM leaders need to challenge Newsome here, imo.  If not, what am

i missing?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/blm-organizer-says-blasio-vaccine-205300935.html

“Seventy-two percent of black people in this city from ages 18 to 44 are unvaccinated," Chivona Newsome said during a Monday protest in New York City. "So what is going to stop the Gestapo, I mean the NYPD, from rounding up black people, from snatching them off the train, off the bus?”

Crazy conspiracy theory language notwithstanding, if that number is accurate...why is that the case? Do black people have less access to vaccination than white people in NYC? If so, then that needs to be fixed and she absolutely has a point. If not, then those people choosing to not getting vaccinated are stupid and it has nothing to do with their race.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Crazy conspiracy theory language notwithstanding, if that number is accurate...why is that the case? Do black people have less access to vaccination than white people in NYC? If so, then that needs to be fixed and she absolutely has a point. If not, then those people choosing to not getting vaccinated are stupid and it has nothing to do with their race.

Yeah, I can’t imagine that lack of access is the case in NYC at this point.  Now, if someone made the claim that certain communities were last in line when the vaccines first came out, I’d believe that’s possible.  But late September (when Rod Stewart really should be back at school), I can’t see a lack of access excuse.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

While my guess is it doesn’t have to do with availability, it’s hard to trust Deblasio’s leadership regarding POC.  I will say that I tend to give more leeway to the black community (especially in terms of vaxxing*) for historical reasons, including the resultant increased likelihood of buying into propaganda/misinformation regarding big pharma and the government.  Frankly, poor/rural whites are in a similar boat (see opioids, loss of manufacturing jobs), but my sympathy is far less for people that react by pushing for white nationalism, authoritarianism, etc.

*I say this because this is the topic we’re discussing, but I want to be clear that I fully believe this carries over to virtually all other aspects of society - policing, education, the economy, etc.

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Yeah, I can’t imagine that lack of access is the case in NYC at this point.  Now, if someone made the claim that certain communities were last in line when the vaccines first came out, I’d believe that’s possible.  But late September (when Rod Stewart really should be back at school), I can’t see a lack of access excuse.

Haha!  Maggie May, you minx.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 12:11 PM, Jumbo said:

you just got one sign you should heed for your gratuitous  "i bet 85%..." keyboard fart

and i'll give you another sign if necessary that will read 'banned from the tailgate' if you keep doing drive-by stupid posts, especially off-topic stupid, that add nothing else into these discussions but stupid

So a joke about yard signs gets a suspension.  I wonder if the several posts in this thread joking and wishing death on the unvaccinated got anybody suspended l?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mojo said:

So a joke about yard signs gets a suspension.  I wonder if the several posts in this thread joking and wishing death on the unvaccinated got anybody suspended l?

You've been here since 2002 and think this is going to go well for you? 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 12
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1