Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

My man has a sign in his yard that says I ****ing hate signs lol

Edited 1 hour ago by Llevron

Out of all the signs, this is probably the only one I’d actually put in my yard…

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

So I don't think  "obvious phrases on signs" are necessarily an indication of dumbing down...they can be invitations to think more deeply about topics if you go beyond just the obvious expression on the surface.

They aren’t. 

but ranting about how obvious they are may be an indicator of the dumbing down of America 

🤔

Edited by tshile
  • Haha 2

just think

if it wasn't for the 'crazy-stupid' dna in so many of us, we would never have had the opportunity to talk about niki minaj in a thread about a deadly global pandemic and have it be on topic

side note---i always thought 'intelligent design' was an unintentionally useful framework for refuting its own premise

haha theological suckas!

• Thanks 1

A teenage city council member in Morgan County, Alabama, who tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday after railing against mask mandates said he’s now battling coronavirus-related pneumonia in the hospital.

“I am still shallow in breathing but my oxygen remains okay for now,” Decatur City Councilman Hunter Pepper, 19, wrote on Facebook Thursday. He received a CT scan on Wednesday night that confirmed he has COVID pneumonia, “which is absolutely terrible,” he wrote.

On Wednesday, Pepper—who’s repeatedly slammed mask mandates and refused to get vaccinated— said that he took two rapid tests and a PCR test for the coronavirus after he started to feel sick on Monday.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hunter-pepper-unvaxed-teen-councilman-who-attacked-mask-mandates-now-battling-terrible-covid-pneumonia?via=twitter_page

Sounds like a swell guy.

BLM needs to send him an "I can't breathe" tee shirt. 

-----

Kind of surprised at the number of right wing leaders who are actually going unvaccinated, like they're encouraging the suckers to do. 

I really thought they had less integrity than that. To actually run that risk, themselves. 

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Larry said:

BLM needs to send him an "I can't breathe" tee shirt. 

-----

Kind of surprised at the number of right wing leaders who are actually going unvaccinated, like they're encouraging the suckers to do. 

I really thought they had less integrity than that. To actually run that risk, themselves. 

Not all of them holding office are puppet masters.  Many are, themselves, puppets.

U. of Alabama Reverses Staff Vaccine Mandate After Threats from Conservative Groups

After threats of litigation from conservatives, the University of Alabama at Birmingham has reversed its prior vaccine mandate for employees. According to AL.com, the school is waiting for further details of the federal mandate under President Biden’s executive order. The conservative legal organization, Alabama Center for Law and Liberty, wrote to UAB officials arguing that Alabama’s preemptive vaccine passport ban prohibits the state-run university from enforcing immunizations. “The Alabama Attorney General has examined the law and concluded that ‘no government, school, or business in Alabama may demand that a constituent, or customer, respectively, be vaccinated for COVID-19 or show proof of his or her vaccination for COVID-19,” said the letter. The University of Alabama school system has been plagued by waves of massive COVID outbreaks among students on its campuses—and at the height of the pandemic last August, the system warned professors in Tuscaloosa not to tell students about infected classmates.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

Southern Baptist missionaries receive a new coronavirus vaccine mandate

The Southern Baptist Convention's organization that sends thousands of missionaries overseas announced last week that it will require missionaries and their children ages 16 and older to be vaccinated against the coronavirus.

The SBC's International Mission Board said in its announcement that it has been requiring various vaccines since the 1980s, but the new mandate came on Sept. 8, a day before President Joe Biden issued his mandate that businesses with 100 or more employees are required to have them vaccinated or tested weekly.

Southern Baptist leaders quickly condemned Biden, with some calling it an overreach and divisive in statements to the Baptist Press. Leaders said they are evaluating the new mandate through the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to see if it applies to religious ministries.

The new policy for Southern Baptist missionaries is not unusual, several experts on missions said. But the timing so close to Biden's announcement has been awkward for Southern Baptists, especially since White evangelicals are less likely to get vaccinated than other religious groups.

Click on the link for the full article