Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

52 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

The next vaccine that gets approval should be called the 'Trump vaccine' to get these mouthbreathers to stand in line for it 

That ship has sailed. They booed Trump when he said to take the vaccine. 

Trump can't reel back in what he unleashed. He only causes disasters. He's incapable of fixing them.

• Like 3

I just got a message from a patient of mine demanding that I sign a medical vaccine exemption.  I've been caring for him for years for a complex, life threating disease.  I've used the best scientific advancements and new medications to quite literally save his life.  We've always had a good relationship, or so I thought.  Now he has all these crazy ideas and is questioning my medical expertise and imagines that I'm part of some goofy conspiracy because I recommended he get vaccinated. 

I don't know how to respond to this stuff.  I'm incredibly frustrated.  

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

I just got a message from a patient of mine demanding that I sign a medical vaccine exemption.  I've been caring for him for years for a complex, life threating disease.  I've used the best scientific advancements and new medications to quite literally save his life.  We've always had a good relationship, or so I thought.  Now he has all these crazy ideas and is questioning my medical expertise and imagines that I'm part of some goofy conspiracy because I recommended he get vaccinated. 

You tell him no on the exemption and recommend a local veterinarian

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

Tell him to find a new doctor.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, bcl05 said:

I would probably tell him that you and he have worked together to save his life already, and that if you didn’t want what’s best for him you wouldn’t have done it for so long. Remind him how you have gotten him through **** already, and if that doesn’t change his mind tell him you are sorry but you are not going to risk his life for something you know is wrong. Unfortunately you probably won’t be able to talk him out of not using you again in the future, but maybe there is a chance since you and him have been doing this for a while before COVID was even a thing. Sorry it’s happening bro I bet it’s frustrating as hell. 

‘Huge number’ of unvaccinated Delta workers got vaccine after $200 surcharge announcement, official says

The chief health officer for Delta Air Lines said this week that the carrier’s decision to implement a $200 surcharge for unvaccinated employees has convinced a “huge” portion of the workforce to change their minds about the jab.

Dr. Henry Ting, speaking during a Thursday media briefing with the Infectious Diseases Society of America, said that approximately 20,000 Delta team members had not been vaccinated as of Aug. 25, when CEO Ed Bastian announced a monthly surcharge for unvaccinated employees on Delta’s healthcare plan.

“Just within the two weeks of the announcement, we’ve seen nearly 20%, or one-fifth, of that 20,000 decide to get the vaccine,” said Ting. He added that Delta did not observe any turnover or resignations as a result of the new policy.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bcl05 said:

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Tell him to find a new doctor.

And review his advanced directives.  

image.png.483b42e2a384b1a3dfd793c8d583da68.png

Also a reminder, despite what the headlines say to get clicks, Israel is not "mega-vaxxed" and not the end all be all for vaccine effectiveness. They could turn out to be the accurate predictor for others...or not. It is far from consensus. But headlines make it seem like they're at a polio or measles level of vaccination.

Edited by Sticksboi05
  • Like 2

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/09/covid-hospitalization-numbers-can-be-misleading/620062/

In other words, the study suggests that roughly half of all the hospitalized patients showing up on COVID-data dashboards in 2021 may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild presentation of disease.

anybody else not shocked by this news?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mojo said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/09/covid-hospitalization-numbers-can-be-misleading/620062/

In other words, the study suggests that roughly half of all the hospitalized patients showing up on COVID-data dashboards in 2021 may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild presentation of disease.

anybody else not shocked by this news?

I'll have to read the article, and I doubt it says what you want it to.

• Like 2

1). Lots of people in the hospital were admitted for some other reason. For lots of reasons. Problem X causes Problem Y. Or they discover a problem that the patient didn't know about. Or the problem just showed up after being in the hospital for a few days. 

2). Yes, no doubt there are people who have, say, a major heart attack, and a mild case of Covid. No doubt some people are Covid-positive, and in the hospital, but not for Covid. 

3). The tweet reads as an obvious attempt at somebody who's fishing to justify ignoring the ongoing major pandemic. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I know two people who have been hospitalized for COVID.

Both under 50.

Both were sick as hell and went to the Emergency room.

Both were given general meds and an iv for a couple of days.

Both were stabilized and sent home and recovered after a week or two.

Happens constantly, I would think.

Whats the big story?

One of the important implications of the study, these experts say, is that the introduction of vaccines strongly correlates with a greater share of COVID hospital patients having mild or asymptomatic disease. “It’s underreported how well the vaccine makes your life better, how much less sick you are likely to be, and less sick even if hospitalized,” Snyder said. “That’s the gem in this study."

But I thought the vaccines didn't work, mojo? 😁

Edited by The Evil Genius