Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

34 minutes ago, tshile said:

I personally enjoy the people participating in fake vaccine cards at any level getting caught 

But particularly when it's people abusing their positions, to do it. 

If it's just some schmuck who scanned an image of a real one, I'm not as worried about it. 

But the cases we've heard of, of doctors, nurses, pharmacists?  Part of me wants them to lose their license. 

• Like 1

The whole fraudulent vaccine cards thing is funny to me mostly for two reasons:

1) How dumb do you have to be to do this right now while the pandemic is still raging. We are still in the thick of it, and you don't have the mindfulness to think that perhaps law enforcement is going to be extra observant of fraud relating to covid being out there?

2) What is the venn diagram for those who claim Trump lost due to voter fraud that are now all for producing fraudulent vaccine cards?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Personally, it’s almost impossible to imagine a scenario where I put my career/family/business on the line, just to make an extra 5 grand for a couple months forging fake vax cards.  Massive self-own.

Good friends will talk you out of goofy **** like this.

Yeah not to mention trusting the people you are selling them to isn't going to 100% rollover on you should they get caught with it.

Biden to announce that all federal workers must be vaccinated, with no option for testing

President Joe Biden on Thursday will impose more stringent vaccine rules on federal workers by signing an executive order requiring all government employees be vaccinated against Covid-19, with no option of being regularly tested to opt out, according to a source familiar with the plans.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I really don’t understand the testing once a week option if not vaccinated but better than nothing I suppose.

Make employees pay for it - that becomes expensive. Other than that I agree. 

But while this may not be popular, I am not sure I like the government telling business how to operate, even in a pandemic. Individual citizens yes., But telling businesses how to run their business. Not sure I like that idea. It's a slippery slope. 

6 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

But while this may not be popular, I am not sure I like the government telling business how to operate, even in a pandemic. Individual citizens yes., But telling businesses how to run their business. Not sure I like that idea. It's a slippery slope. 

Like “making” companies of a certain size offer health insurance.  Of course they don’t “make” them offer it, they just tax them more if they don’t.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Like “making” companies of a certain size offer health insurance.  Of course they don’t “make” them offer it, they just tax them more if they don’t.

23 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Probably a dumb take because I haven’t thought about it more than 15 seconds but  the federal government sets a minimum wage for businesses as well as other health and safety standards. I don’t see how this much different

Both are probably fair but for me I am just seeing this as a bit of over-reach beyond those examples. But am glad to be wrong. Full disclosure I am more torn than landing in one position. On one hand I don't like telling businesses how to run their business, let people decide if they want to use their product/service on their own, but on the other hand when it comes to the public health at large sometimes you have to make cost prohibitive to not comply. 

I think I am talking myself into this is OK but not 100% there yet. Sometimes it helps to write it out. But thanks for the examples. It helps. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

OSHA does that all the time. Probably why workplace fatalities have been cut in half since its creation. 🙂

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 5