Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

I think it's easy for us to throw all the Trumpers in a box as the selfish pricks that won't get vaccinated because <insert whatever dumb reason here>.

However, it's deeper than that.  I have several acquaintances from over the years that I'm connected to on social media that were die hard never Trumpers, BLM all day every day, kind of folks that don't fit the stereotype at all that are hellbent on not getting the vaccine.  One is a nurse at Frederick Memorial and she's been attending anti vax rallies and posting them on instagram.  She is always preaching about her awesome immune system, because she lives a healthy lifestyle, yadda yadda.  It's as if she doesn't know that many of her followers remember her past, where she was a party girl, railing coke and having sex with scandalous folks.  It's just hilarious watching her pretend to be this prime example of healthy living.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think it's easy for us to throw all the Trumpers in a box as the selfish pricks that won't get vaccinated because <insert whatever dumb reason here>.

However, it's deeper than that.  I have several acquaintances from over the years that I'm connected to on social media that were die hard never Trumpers, BLM all day every day, kind of folks that don't fit the stereotype at all that are hellbent on not getting the vaccine.  One is a nurse at Frederick Memorial and she's been attending anti vax rallies and posting them on instagram.  She is always preaching about her awesome immune system, because she lives a healthy lifestyle, yadda yadda.  It's as if she doesn't know that many of her followers remember her past, where she was a party girl, railing coke and having sex with scandalous folks.  It's just hilarious watching her pretend to be this prime example of healthy living.

The whole COVID-anti vax brain scream is just the latest symptom/iteration of something that has gone on for decades. There has been this consistent anti-intellect, anti-anythingIdon'tunderstand kind of churlish behavior since we were in the caves. Technology has enabled the willfully dense by affording them a huge megaphone to attract the other dumbasses in support.

Same as it ever was.

The question becomes wtf do we do about it? Just letting it run its course isn't looking like a great plan. Waiting on the next global population bottleneck will be too costly. What we have been trying for a couple of centuries, ie. medicine/science/education/increased standard of living, seems to be running out of steam, so what are the options? I have no answers, but I do take some relief in the knowledge that I'm getting old and probably won't have to live long enough to see it play out. 

But it won't be pretty

33 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Being a vaccine/big Pharma “skeptic” is likely a somewhat natural and healthy reaction to generations of voracious for-profit healthcare.  You reap what you sow and those skeptics can come from basically all walks of life.

Being a “Covid is a hoax”, HCQ/Ivermectin-truther at this point in the game is another thing tho.  That’s a quasi-religious/political death cult deal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Llevron said:

Well if Nicki says (her friends brother says) it….

I mean it’s gotta be true 

I love how anytime a liberal hollywood celeb says something about politics or whatever, the right screams "stay in your lane!"

But now Nicki Minaj is basically giving medical advice and she's suddenly Tucker Carlson's new favorite subject matter expert.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well. Took a week of my wife’s 10 year old half brother being in school. His conservative parents decided to send him to an evangelical Christian school this year just outside Falwelltown USA. Masks optional. He had a fever this morning and tested positive on an at-home rapid test. Going to get a PCR test now.

His mother (wife’s mom) is vaccinated. Her husband is not. Not sure what the likelihood of a healthy 50 year old ending up hospitalized at this point with delta, but I reckon we’re about to find out. 

• Sad 4

58 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Being a vaccine/big Pharma “skeptic” is likely a somewhat natural and healthy reaction to generations of voracious for-profit healthcare.  You reap what you sow and those skeptics can come from basically all walks of life.

Being a “Covid is a hoax”, HCQ/Ivermectin-truther at this point in the game is another thing tho.  That’s a quasi-religious/political death cult deal.

Agreed, but my point wasn't that Trumpers don't tend to be the looniest of those to not get vaccinated.  Of course they are.  My point is that we tend to just assume that those who won't wear masks or get vaccinated are Trumpers but I'm finding that not to be the case.  I've been rather alarmed by the amount of people I'm connected to via social media that voted Biden yet are being absolutely ridiculous about the vaccine.

10 hours ago, Llevron said:

Well if Nicki says (her friends brother says) it….

I mean it’s gotta be true 

`

celebs that shows they're a ****-for-brains dotard on this subject should be as mercilessly pilloried as any politician doing the same

go away nicki, we've got thee stallion and you can be put to pasture with that aussie white girl rapper what's her name

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, mojo said:

They still got it.

(Let’s split that $100)

I see you aint that crazy lol

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

On the other hand, in fairness to Nicki...she probably is a subject matter expert on testicles.

I would like to have her in for an interview myself but I assume shes not vaccinated and we have a policy so.....

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

How will these venues survive without the star power of Jim Breuer?

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Disappointing, I've always liked him.

I'm assuming he thinks that since he's goat boy he can just take ivermectin.

• Haha 1

Howard Stern to Joe Rogan: 'A doctor would also give you a vaccine, so why take horse-dewormer?'

Howard Stern has no regrets over last week's colorful comments that COVID-19 vaccines should be mandatory. In fact, the shock-jock host was stunned over the "slew of publicity" he received for his remarks, saying it's something "I haven't seen ever." 

On his SiriusXM show, Stern once again addressed "s***heads in our country who won't get vaccinations." He also took a shot at Joe Rogan for taking "horse-dewormer from a doctor" instead of a "cure."

"I heard Joe Rogan was saying 'What are you busting my balls [for]? I took horse de-wormer and a doctor gave it to me,'" he said on The Howard Stern Show. "Well, a doctor would also give you a vaccine, so why take horse-dewormer?"

Stern went on to address the blowback he received over vaccine comments on last Tuesday's show.

"All I said was everyone should get the vaccine, it should be mandatory. This brought down a slew of publicity like I haven't seen ever, it was mind-blowing. I was trying to figure it out, 'Why am I getting so much press for saying this? Is it really so wild?' All I'm doing is speaking common sense," he said. "We have a cure for this dreaded COVID and we're not taking it — take it. Make people take it the same way we take polio vaccines and every other vaccine."

Stern said "we have it so good in this country, people forgot about disease" and that there are "cures."

"It always wasn't like this. You don't get to live to 80 years old automatically. It's done with science," he added. "The reason we live longer is because of science."

The radio host doubled down on his stance that unvaccinated people should be refused treatment at hospitals.

"We're trapped in a country with imbeciles," he added. "Guess what? When we get COVID, we don't end up in the hospitals so we don't overload the hospitals. So what did I say? We have no time for idiots in this country anymore. We don't want you. We want you to all, either go to the hospital and stay home, die there with your COVID. Don't take the cure, but don't clog up our hospitals with your covid when you finally get it. Stay home, don't bother with science, it's too late. Go f**** yourself, we just don't have time for you."

Click on the link for more

• Like 5

Israeli anti-vaxx leader dies of COVID-19

Hai Shaulian, a well-known Israeli activist against coronavirus vaccines, died on Monday morning at Wolfson Medical Center in Holon due to the coronavirus. Shaulian called on his followers on social media not to get vaccinated against the virus under the headline: "There is no epidemic - the vaccine is unnecessary and dangerous."

Shaulian uploaded a video to social media from the time he was hospitalized. He said that "I am connected to an oxygen machine without which I suffocate. If I remove it and walk three meters - I faint. I cough hard and feel a lot of suffocation."

Later in the video, Shaulian complained about the treatment he received at the police station where he was arrested, saying that the policemen put their legs on his neck, and even claimed that "the Jerusalem police tried to poison me. I have never felt this way in my life. All week I struggled as if nothing had happened, but today I could no longer breathe and went to the HMO and from there I was evacuated to Wolfson Medical Center. If something happens to me - know that it's an assassination attempt."

Click on the link for the full article