Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Did you even attempt to google it before you wrote it? 

He doesn't have to. 

They don't KNOW what the effects are, 30 years later. Because not one single person has been vaccinated for 30 years. 

Granted, this also means that his point is "I will not take the vaccine, because it has not met an arbitrary standard which I just happened to pick specifically because I knew in advance that it could never be met". 

But then, we all knew that, too. Lots of people have been deliberately taught that "If you want to not get vaccinated, just recite this magic incantation, and act like you've said something intelligent".   By people who intentionally want to harm our country. 

2 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

And brain damage is not the symptom I’m concerned with. 

(Refrains from stating his speculation as to why not.)

• Like 1

I'm just kind of exhausted by all of this

Let the FDA give final approval to the vaccines and this problem will solve itself. Employers will mandate it (hey Repubs, "Right to Work State", remember??), insurance co.s will refuse to pay for treatments for the unvaccinated, etc., 

We'll end up with self-isolating enclaves of dumbasses that wither and fall further behind the rest of humanity (kinda like we already have in the midwest) where their kids flee to the coasts as soon as they can scrape up bus fare.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

You can call it what you want to, but people have a right to not put something in their bodies that they don’t fully trust. 

Wait what? Let me get this straight. You fully trust a virus in you instead of a vaccine...where can I get one of these fully trusted viruses? :rofl89:

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1

I have a concert ticket for Thursday night that I'm apprehensive to use now. I'm vaccinated, it's outdoors, masks are mandated, I will personally be double masked and it's nowhere near sold out so it should be possible to social distance.

But I will admit that the recent news cycle has me feeling incredibly vulnerable and the fact that I'm back to being afraid after having such an emotional high after getting vaccinated has me going in the opposite direction.

The reality is that all of us are eventually going to get covid whether we're vaccinated or not, because this virus is endemic, and living in fear like I am is probably not advisable in the long term.

13 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I have a concert ticket for Thursday night that I'm apprehensive to use now. I'm vaccinated, it's outdoors, masks are mandated, I will personally be double masked and it's nowhere near sold out so it should be possible to social distance.

But I will admit that the recent news cycle has me feeling incredibly vulnerable and the fact that I'm back to being afraid after having such an emotional high after getting vaccinated has me going in the opposite direction.

The reality is that all of us are eventually going to get covid whether we're vaccinated or not, because this virus is endemic, and living in fear like I am is probably not advisable in the long term.

Yeah, at this point, we are all likely to get covid at some point due to more infectious variants.  But the chances of a vaccinated person becoming seriously ill or dying is currently less than the flu.  I still take precautions because my kids are too young to get vaccinated.  But the vaccine has a great degree of protective effect.

Thanks to all the *********** that refused to get vaccinated and made COVID bad again, I have to go back to wearing a mask at work every day.  Thanks selfish* moronic assholes.

*selfish would imply that it actually was beneficial to the person; instead it's actually just spite harming both of us.

3 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

If YOU want to take it, go right ahead. But don’t tell everybody else that they HAVE to take it. How is that so hard to understand?

This is your doing.  Thanks.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

No point arguing with this guy or other clowns that are anti-vaccine.  

Not arguing. Trying to make a point and hopefully if this guy or any other anti-vaxxers have any brain cells left they might just wake up and say you know what this guy actually does makes some sense after all. I rather not die at a young age and I value my life and want to live to be a 100. Or I could die like that guy who was 38 and refused to take the vaccine but said I wish I had on his death bed but it was too late. That guy also left behind a wife and a kid without a father. 

If he is smart he doesn't want to find out what is the long term effect of the vaccine while he is 6 feet under. 

Edited by zskins

6 minutes ago, zskins said:

Not arguing. Trying to make a point and hopefully if this guy or any other anti-vaxxers have any brain cells left they might just wake up and say you know what this guy actually does makes some sense after all. I rather not die at a young age and I value my life and want to live to be a 100. Or I could die like that guy who was 38 and refused to take the vaccine but said I wish I had on his death bed but it was too late. That guy also left behind a wife and a kid without a father. 

If he is smart he doesn't want to find out what is the long term effect of the vaccine while he is 6 feet under. 

They aren't going to come around though.  They have had 18 ****ing months to make logical decisions and they still don't get it cause they don't give a **** about anyone but themselves.  I don't wish anyone death or sickness, but there comes a time where we need to accept the fact that some people don't get it or refuse to get it and quit worrying about them.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

Whatever. Has any of these vaccines been FDA approved and can you guarantee without hesitation that there’s no long term affects? 

They have an emergency approval by the FDA.  Full approval is likely coming in the next month or so though.  

There is no guarantee with any medication/vaccine about long term affects. Even with full FDA approval.

Though there isn't any real data to suggest that any vaccine has had affects only on the long term (i.e. Negative side affects from vaccines have been detected pretty early.).  So that seems unlikely.

Getting the virus ABSOLUTELY is known to have some long term affects in some people.

I guess me (and others) don't understand your logic unless you are taking extreme actions to avoid getting the virus.  (Living in the woods in Vermont?)

Yes, it is possible that there might be long term side affects from the vaccine.  It is also possible that if you get the virus you will have long term impacts (including death).  How have you decided the risk of one is better than the other?

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 4

Whatever. Has any of these vaccines been FDA approved and can you guarantee without hesitation that there’s no long term affects? 

You do realize Covid-19 kills/shrinks your boners right...permanently1? Do you really want all the other guys at the gun club to laugh at you in the showers after a day of blowing **** up?

The vaccine was basically like buying a big truck - I grew about 38% after I got my Moderna shot and got an invite to the #DigBicksClub. I can't keep the ladies off me now. So by all means, keep rejecting the vaccine and leave more of the ladies to me. Thanks man! 💪

1Source: https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210513/coronavirus-lingers-in-penis-and-could-cause-impotence#1

Edited by Barry.Randolphe
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I don't think being vaccinated keeps you from getting Covid and testing positive.  It just helps your immune system win much quicker.  

Being vaccinated absolutely decreases your odds of getting a COVID infection, especially symptomatic. Right now the estimate is the vaccines, primarily mRNA, are 75-85% efficacious in preventing symptomatic Delta variant based on studies from UK, Scotland etc.

Here is a good visualization in San Diego County.

Edited by Sticksboi05
  • Like 1

And the percentage of people who gets it and die is about 1%. 

You do realize 1% is 100x more than .01% right?

You'd rather have 100x more chance of dying if you caught the rona?

Or are you just really really bad at math?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

I don’t have the virus. 

You will. We all will. Only difference *most* of us are smart enough to prime the proverbial pump of our immune system by taking the free, completely safe, and ridiculously effective vaccine beforehand. 

• Like 4

Pfizer's vaccine will be FDA approved in the next 4-6 weeks it is a matter of plant inspections, and negotiating with Pfizer on the precise language the company can use when directly advertising the vaccine to consumers, which all goes into a biologics license.

No I cannot guarantee there will be no long-term effects just like I cannot guarantee that there won't be any long-term effects from mild COVID. However, comparing the rare side effects of the vaccines to the much more common side effects of long COVID, the risk assessment is pretty clear on getting vaccinated.

Medicine and biology are not binary - immunity is not either you can 100% catch, or 100% not catch a disease, and side effects are not either there are some or none. There is not a single therapeutic ever made that can't have unfortunate side effects in some people, even something as basic as penicillin. 7.5 billion people in the world with different genetics, different conditions, different health and predispositions, environmental factors etc. If you're only willing to take medication with a zero percent chance of side effects you shouldn't even be taking Advil considering how many people go to the hospital yearly for OTC NSAIDs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1