Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I don't think being vaccinated keeps you from getting Covid and testing positive.  It just helps your immune system win much quicker.  

There’s so much lack of understanding it’s driving me nuts. 

people also don’t understand the difference between the virus - and disease caused by the virus. 

I don’t know what could be done about it. Ultimately the root of this is a lack of trust of authority - scientists, government, doesn’t matter. If it’s telling you what you should do, these people immediately choose not to even entertain the idea or listen to the information. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I have no problem with the vaccine as long as it remain a choice. 

if you have no problem with the vaccine why does it matter if it is a choice?

Re getting a positive despite being vaccinated im going in for a Covid test today because I’ve also had flu like symptoms since Saturday.  I’m actually starting to feel better now but I did take some theraflu an hour ago.. only getting a test because they (cdc) said you should...

Been vaccinated since april so it’s probably not Covid.... but we will see.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Regarding the above. I think we as Americans are done with masks except in medical settings and public transportation. Genie just isn’t going back into that bottle I’m afraid.

Yup. 

I do not know a single vaccinated person willing to wear a mask other than my wife and I. 

and ultimately the risk to vaccinated is still low, and it’s the unvaccinated that’s high risk. And everyone I know that’s vaccinated has literally said “**** those people” like a thousand times when the topic comes up. 

and while I agree, what I think they’re missing is there’s a lot of people (like my children who are too young to get it) that are at high risk too :(

unfortunately not every unvaccinated person is unvaccinated because their a selfish piece of ****. I mean my children are selfish something-or-others but age is the reason they don’t have the vaccine 

im deathly afraid to send my son back to school next week. I don’t think the people running my county have the balls to reinstate the mask mandate in schools. 

The willfully unvaccinated are ****ing up life for the rest of us. And I think soon the rest of us are going to have a huge, huge ****ing problem with it. Moreso than we currently do. It’ll be interesting to see what happens next. 

Just now, No Nonsense said:

Because if you don’t want to take it, it should be up to you. 

Only if you’ll wear your mask and social distance. 

if you’re simply being anti science then you can go play in traffic.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

I don't think NYS can make the mandatory for federal workers.  And Biden has already made them mandatory for federal workers so that wouldn't be necessary.

Generally vaccine requirements have been found to be legal in the past as long as they are coupled with reasonable exceptions (e.g. requiring weekly testing for people that aren't) so if NYS goes that way, it will almost certainly be legal.

If I'm not mistaken, the EEOC has already said private employers can mandate/require immunizations subject to any accommodations for religious or medical reasons (and no other reasonable accommodations like weekly or daily testing is needed).

Personally,  I wish a line in the sand could be drawn and the selfish ****ers who want to endanger me by avoiding the immunization would have to shelter under a rock and never be seen again. 😁

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Only if you’ll wear your mask and social distance. 

if you’re simply being anti science then you can go play in traffic.

Whatever. Has any of these vaccines been FDA approved and can you guarantee without hesitation that there’s no long term affects? 

6 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Whatever. Has any of these vaccines been FDA approved and can you guarantee without hesitation that there’s no long term affects? 

. . . . or, because "it's never been scientifically proven to have zero effects, ever."

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

I do not know a single vaccinated person willing to wear a mask other than my wife and I. 

Yes you do. (Bows). 

Edited by Larry

4 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Because if you don’t want to take it, it should be up to you. 

The American preoccupation with personal freedom is morphing it into what it never was.  Your right of personal choice stops at the end of my nose.  If your personal choice drastically increases the potential of negative consequences to society at large, your freedom to make personal choices can be drastically curbed like any other right.  No right, even ones specifically enumerated in the Constitution, are absolute.

Just now, No Nonsense said:

They are about to be FDA approved and no one can guarantee no long term effects with any vaccine (partly due to the fact that it's hard to prove a negative, especially long term).  Will you support a vaccine mandate once it is fully approved?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I kinda sorta thought we hoped the COVID vaccine had the long term effect of making you immune to COVID.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tshile said:

hmm. difference of regions i guess. every single person i know thats vaccinated still wears it in the grocery store (partially because its mandated again now, partially because it literally has no downsides to wear one, so might as well while things are crazy again)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

They have no idea what the long term affects are. 

They have a very good idea what the long term effects are based on understanding of the immune system, effects of vaccinations, and history of adverse reactions to vaccines (adverse vaccine reactions manifests in the short term, not hide in waiting for decades on end and turn you infertile at the most inopportune moment).

But can they guarantee it?  No.  Because that's a scientific impossibility in the short term and that's not how guarantees work.  Nor can a scientist guarantee that posting on ES won't dramatically increase our chance of being struck by lightning three decades from now.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

A vaccine triggers your immune system to produce the antibodies to kill the fake virus. The same antibodies that are produced when you are infected with a real virus. Covid-19 infection, if not killed right away, by the immune system can lead up to brain damage. Already proven. You decided on which side of the line you want to stand on. 

What is long term? Covid vaccine has been being used since Nov. of last year and that was after all 3 phases of the trial on REAL people. There haven't been any cases, that i know of, that has caused someone with brain damage after taking the vaccine. 

People who don't understand how a vaccine works at the molecular level come up with bull**** responses like yours. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yup. 

Im willing to wear a mask. It’s just that when you walk into a business or other common area and nobody else is wearing a mask, what’s the point?

I actually wore a mask into a grocery store last week in OBX. Only reason is because I was purchasing an at-home Covid test for people who were vacationing with us. I felt no symptoms but didn’t want to risk it.

Just now, mammajamma said:

hmm. difference of regions i guess. every single person i know thats vaccinated still wears it in the grocery store (partially because its mandated again now, partially because it literally has no downsides to wear one, so might as well while things are crazy again)

Yeah, I can definitely see things changing back to voluntarily wearing masks in stores hear in Fairfax County from a month ago.  It has a high vaccination rate so you know it’s the vaccinated that are driving it.

4 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

I am not anti-mask and if it's mandated, I'll wear one without complaining.

However, my feeling at the moment is that masks mostly protect others and the others who really need to be protected are the unvaccinated, so.....

Edited by Rufus T Firefly

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

A vaccine triggers your immune system to produce the antibodies to kill the fake virus. The same antibodies that are produced when you are infected with a real virus. Covid-19 infection, if not killed right away, by the immune system can lead up to brain damage. Already proven. You decided on which side of the line you want to stand on. 

What is long term? Covid vaccine has been being used since Nov. of last year and that was after all 3 phases of the trial on REAL people. There haven't been any cases, that i know of, that has caused someone with brain damage after taking the vaccine. 

People who don't understand how a vaccine works at the molecular level come up with bull**** responses like yours. 

And people took the vaccine and still got it. And brain damage is not the symptom I’m concerned with.