Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

All the bravado and posturing in the world won't help when businesses start requiring vaccination for employees, or proof of vac to go to stores, restaurants, etc. I'm waiting for that moment when insurance stops covering treatments for the unvacciknuckleheads, cuz you know insurance will play any card to wiggle out of giving money back.

Some of the other graybeards like me remember the teeth gnashing and pearl clutching when they took lead out of gas or mandated seat belts. We had the same selfish, vocally stupid dumbasses clamoring for attention and throwing tantrums. Won't change anything this time either. Dumbass can get in line or GTFO.

• Like 1

The irony of course is the anti vaxxers **** about vaccine passports - yet they are the ones causing the eventual existence of them. 

so you’re gonna wind up having to get the vaccine and carrying/showing a passport to prove it. 

good job 

9 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Maybe it is a good thing for the Earth though.....bright side?

It’s natures answer to decades of us fighting natural selection

the survivors will have learned a lesson they abide by. Over centuries it’ll be lost. Rinse and repeat. 

Mother Earth always wins. We treat our planet like ****. It’ll cost us eventually. One way or the other. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, tshile said:

The irony of course is the anti vaxxers **** about vaccine passports - yet they are the ones causing the eventual existence of them. 

so you’re gonna wind up having to get the vaccine and carrying/showing a passport to prove it. 

good job 

It’s natures answer to decades of us fighting natural selection

the survivors will have learned a lesson they abide by. Over centuries it’ll be lost. Rinse and repeat. 

Mother Earth always wins. We treat our planet like ****. It’ll cost us eventually. One way or the other. 

You are such a Leftist now I love it. 

(Only 20% serious) 

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

The way the delta variant is freely spreading around right now, it is only a matter of time until another dominant variant enters the ecosystem and who knows what that one looks like.  What is wrong with humanity right now?

3rd world countries don’t have access to the healthcare we do and relaxed travel with no mask mandates will continue to cause variants to show up all over different countries regardless of vaccination status as we’ve seen with delta.  How they further mutate in terms of severity will be the key.  That and of course doing more for those countries from a vaccination availability standpoint.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I still personally blame Del Rio for some of this. You know that jack wagon is telling anyone who will listen that “You don’t know the long term effects” and “You are young and healthy it can’t hurt you” and all that other dumb **** the vaccinated people at Fox need tell them to keep them from being vaccinated. 

I highly doubt a guy as competitive as Jack Del Rio would go around telling players like Chase Young and Montez Sweat to not get vaccinated, potentially costing his unit success and his team victories.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

All the bravado and posturing in the world won't help when businesses start requiring vaccination for employees, or proof of vac to go to stores, restaurants, etc. I'm waiting for that moment when insurance stops covering treatments for the unvacciknuckleheads, cuz you know insurance will play any card to wiggle out of giving money back.

Some of the other graybeards like me remember the teeth gnashing and pearl clutching when they took lead out of gas or mandated seat belts. We had the same selfish, vocally stupid dumbasses clamoring for attention and throwing tantrums. Won't change anything this time either. Dumbass can get in line or GTFO.

Funny you should mention that...

I'd suspect life insurance companies will get in the action too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I highly doubt a guy as competitive as Jack Del Rio would go around telling players like Chase Young and Montez Sweat to not get vaccinated, potentially costing his unit success and his team victories.

I'm not necessarily saying he's telling them NOT to, in all fairness to him. I do think if they asked him his opinion, which wouldn't surprise me, he would tell them his honest opinion on it. Which is likely, due to his political persuasion, to be 'You don’t know the long term effects' and 'You are young and healthy it can’t hurt you'. His advice probably ends with something like 'I wont be mad at you regardless of what you decide' which is what the players themselves espouse. Its a subtle difference. 

Someone brought up Bill Gates awhile back. He’s been on the forefront of the overpopulation movement and he when this all broke he was all over CNN talking about some vaccine. 

When the world’s population get under control over the years, you’ll know why. 

Sorry if I don’t believe everything that comes out of these peoples mouths. That’s not changing anytime soon.

5 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:
5 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:
Edited by No Nonsense
  • Haha 8

10 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It decreases your odds of catching covid as a function of less people having it at any given time (so less vectors for spread) and are asymptomatic (so the virus isnt being spread through the air due to coughs and sneezes). So that’s very true that the more people vaxxed means the odds of everyone being exposed are less. But vaccines don’t prevent the virus from getting inside your body and causing you to “get” Covid, they give your body the ability to fight it off much faster while developing less or no symptoms. The post i was responding to said “people took the vaccine and still got it.”  Well, yea, because that’s not how vaccines work. 

Some vaccines do, especially if they are intranasal vaccines. Viral particles being inside your body doesn't = infection. You can have a ton of viral RNA in your nose from dead virus that gives you a positive PCR test but that is not necessarily an infection, which is one of the limits of PCR. It only tests for RNA not viable virus. Eventually we will have nasal spray vaccines that don't even allow for minimal replication in the nose or airways.

37 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Funny you should mention that...

I'd suspect life insurance companies will get in the action too. 

US government should take the first big step here by making Medicare not cover COVID treatments for unvaccinated people. 

29 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Someone brought up Bill Gates awhile back. He’s been on the forefront of the overpopulation movement and he when this all broke he was all over CNN talking about some vaccine. 

Sorry if I don’t believe everything that comes out of these peoples mouths. That’s not changing anytime soon.

I heard Bill Gates was gonna unleash a massive flood and the only way to survive it is to build a giant boat in your backyard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

So I definitely agree with the sign’s theme and think it can apply to most places.  But how does a bar enforce masking when it’s serving patrons?  

Paper straws to own the Repubs 

43 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Someone brought up Bill Gates awhile back. He’s been on the forefront of the overpopulation movement

Tell me you are stupid without saying you are stupid. /kidding 

Seriously though where did you get this info? Can you share? 

Edited by Llevron

40 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

You really need to do some research before opening your mouth or type in your case. What Bill said was back in 2015. He said we are not ready for the next pandemic. HE WAS RIGHT. Do you believe now what came out of his mouth? There are people like you who will make it worse for everyone else but you know what at least there will be less dum dums left on this planet. More oxygen for me and my kids and their kids, and their kids and....

Here is the video. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Increases in life expectancies tend to coincide with decreased birth rates.  Healthier people tend to have fewer babies.  If your kids are going to reach adulthood healthy, then people tend to have fewer kids.

People that are vaccinated tend to be healthier and reach adulthood.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-gates-vaccine/fact-check-bill-gates-quoteabout-vaccines-and-population-growth-has-beentaken-out-of-contextagain-idUSL1N2MF1L8

https://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewherper/2011/11/02/the-second-coming-of-bill-gates/?sh=4f67ecc013fd

"

That same epiphany for his public health philanthropy came even earlier. Bill’s dad had set up a dinner at Seattle’s posh Columbia Tower Club with the Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH). While the meeting started with birth control—among other efforts, PATH taught Chinese condom makers to test their products before shipping them—Gates began consuming data that startled him. In society after society, he saw, when the mortality rate falls—specifically, below 10 deaths per 1,000 people—the birth rate follows, and population growth stabilizes. “It goes against common sense,” Gates says. Most parents don’t choose to have eight children because they want to have big families, it turns out, but because they know many of their children will die.

“If a mother and father know their child is going to live to adulthood, they start to naturally reduce their population size,” says Melinda."

(It is odd to not believe anything that comes out of their mouth but base your actions on things they've said.)

You can lower population growth by actually making people healthier.

And Bill Gates has had literally nothing to do with the development of the vaccines.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

You really need to do some research before opening your mouth or type in your case. What Bill said was back in 2015. He said we are not ready for the next pandemic. HE WAS RIGHT. Do you believe now what came out of his mouth? There are people like you who will make it worse for everyone else but you know what at least there will be less dum dums left on this planet. More oxygen for me and my kids and their kids, and their kids and....

The world got BUTT lucky when both SARS 2002/2003 outbreak and Swine Flu didn't latch on into a global catastrophe. In both cases, much of the aftermath from health organizations was "we got lucky." People like Gates are worried about the next one. The one that makes COVID19 look like the sniffles. 

We know about less than 5% of the viruses that exist in animals. 

5 minutes ago, zskins said:

Here is the video. 

You keep saying that. Nobody’s making it worst for nobody. There’s still a very small chance of you catching COVID and dying. Some of you need to stop with the dramatics. Again, if you want to take it, go ahead. But don’t think for one second you’re going to bully others into taking it. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

You keep saying that. Nobody’s making it worst for nobody. There’s still a very small chance of you catching COVID and dying. Some of you need to stop with the dramatics. Again, if you want to take it, go ahead. But don’t think for one second you’re going to bully others into taking it. 

2 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

Health aside (I'd by a lottery ticket today if my odds were that good), the devastation unvaccinated, conspiracy minded morons have wrought on everyone's economy is real life. Let alone the folks that have normal health issues and get substandard care because hospitals are overwhelmed with said morons once they get sick. People that don't understand probability make foolish arguments like you're making.  And foolish people stick to their foolish arguments in the face of reality because they're foolish (and stubborn as mules).

Edited by KAOSkins

37 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I heard Bill Gates was gonna unleash a massive flood and the only way to survive it is to build a giant boat in your backyard.

What...Microflush?  He did release it.  Blue screened.

But he's working on Microflush XP now...we're all doomed.

• Sad 1

I’m not saying it doesn’t exist, but I just think it’s been a HUGE overreaction. I sometimes see people walking down the street wearing masks. I don’t think this virus is THAT powerful. I could see if it was 20% or even 10% of the people catching and dying from this, but I’m not losing sleep over 1%. 

23 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

People that aren't vaccinated are more likely to get the virus and spread it other people. If more people that are able to get vaccinated got vaccinated then fewer people would get the virus.

Fewer people that have the virus mean that fewer people will die from the virus and suffer other (non-death) long term consequences.

In addition, the more people that have the virus, the more likely it will evolve resistance to the immunity that others have from it (whether that immunity is through vaccination or from already having it).

It isn't bullying it is the truth.  People that aren't vaccinated that can be vaccinated are literally making it worse for other people and putting all of us at higher risk of getting the virus.  And while the odds of dying are low, they aren't 0 so people that aren't vaccinated that can get vaccinated are contributing to the deaths of other people.

Vaccinations don't just protect you.  They help protect others.  Saying that isn't bullying.  It is the truth.

(Again, unless you are doing extreme things to isolate yourself and prevent yourself from getting and spreading the virus, like living in the woods in Vt.)

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, No Nonsense said:

I’m not saying it doesn’t exist, but I just think it’s been a HUGE overreaction. I sometimes see people walking down the street wearing masks. I don’t think this virus is THAT powerful. I could see if it was 20% or even 10% of the people catching and dying from this, but I’m not losing sleep over 1%. 

There is essentially no downside to wearing a mask, and you don't know the people that are wearing the mask.  Maybe they themselves or people connected to them are high risks were the chance of dying are even higher than 1%.

But something that has essentially no known negative consequences vs. 1% risk of death (and even higher chances for other long term side effects) seems like a no brainer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

you realize that 1% of the US population is roughly 3.2 million people dying. That is half the Population of the whole state of MD. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1