Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

33 minutes ago, mojo said:

Y’know that’s a good point. That said, I’m not talking about Biden doing jumping jacks, how about just informing people?

I'm sure a POTUS going on TV and saying "Hey, you're fat. Stop it." will make a big dent.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'm sure a POTUS going on TV and saying "Hey, you're fat. Stop it." will make a big dent.

Especially after I just saw a commercial for the chicken gyro at Firehouse, complete with jalapeno tzatziki sauce. 😋

That sounds super good. 

42 minutes ago, mojo said:

Y’know that’s a good point. That said, I’m not talking about Biden doing jumping jacks, how about just informing people?

Okay. You are FAT! 

On a serious note: My son, who is 22 years old, has an autoimmune disease which eats up the T3 and T4 hormones and therefore makes him look fat/fluffy. He takes hormone pills every day to replace the T3 and T4 hormones and will have to for rest of his life. He plays basketball with his friends and works at a retail store where he is not sitting down or standing but is all over the store helping people. So in another words he gets lots of exercise every day or week. But he still a little fluffy by someone's standards.

Moral of the story is that you can't just point a finger at people and tell them they are fat and do something about it. Sometimes it is part of your genetic makeup and there is nothing you can do about it. But that doesn't mean you are less of a human or unhealthy. 

My son got the vaccine not because he is so called fat, but because as a parent I care about him and want him to live a long and a healthier life. Everyone in my house got the vaccine even our 14 year old. 

It doesn't take a President of the United State to inform you if you have brain cells. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So Bowser says to wear masks indoors but then attends an event with many unmasked people, and apparently she was “unaware”

of mask-less dancing going on....im sure most of you will chalk it up as right wing fake news but come on if you are a political leader implementing rules wouldnt you think its best to stay away from somewhere where there will probably be mask-less people breaking your own implemented rules? Its not about if she had a mask on or not she was clearly at an event that was breaking the rules plain and simple. If the leaders are pulling stuff like this but then somehow you guys want people to line up to get vaccinated is one jolly big dream, they cant even follow their own rules.

Edited by CjSuAvE22
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

So Bowser says to wear masks indoors but then attends an event with many unmasked people, and apparently she was “unaware”

of mask-less dancing going on....im sure most of you will chalk it up as right wing fake news but come on if you are a political leader implementing rules wouldnt you think its best to stay away from somewhere where there will probably be mask-less people breaking your own implemented rules? Its not about if she had a mask on or not she was clearly at an event that was breaking the rules plain and simple. If the leaders are pulling stuff like this but then somehow you guys want people to line up to get vaccinated is one jolly big dream, they cant even follow their own rules.

I'm really not sure I understand how the possible hypocrisy of a political leader has anything to do with whether a person should or should not get vaccinated against a disease which has killed many Americans, rocked our economy and has demonstrated an ability to mutate into even more virulent strains.  I mean...when I went in for the shots I was thinking of my family, friends, loved ones, the general well being of my neighbors and my country...I didn't really care what my local representative was doing.

I guess I just don't understand the argument.  I want people to line up and get vaccinated because it keeps themselves and the rest of us safe, gets America back on its feet, and minimizes the likelihood of more virulent mutations.  Kind of like how I would hope we all agree not to drink and drive.  Whether political leaders choose to drink and drive will certainly influence whether or not I vote for them...but has no influence on whether I would drink and drive personally.

So to summarize: no idea what Bowser did, whether the story is right wing fake news, legit or whatever.  Shes not my mayor, but if she was I would likely look into it, and it might influence my vote accordingly.  But it would have no impact on my getting a vaccination.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Ok so you got a serious response above. So allow me to retort as well. 

The place you got this news from has 100% said atleast one thousand times this year that wearing a mask is a ‘your body your choice’ issue. And now that same news source is saying that you should be upset that some people around Bowser made their own choice? 

Can you not see how these people are spinning you in circles? Literally creating outrage for you to follow endlessly? It’s the exact same thing they tell you the far left does, and they turn around and do it to you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Mayor Bowser took her mask off for a little too long during the champagne toast at an indoor wedding reception!?

MY GOD, checkmate fellow snowflakes. Game over man. Game over. Let’s pack up our ANTIFA soup and flee to Venezuela. 

With only 3,607 death so far in Venezuela that might not be a bad choice...lol :)

11 hours ago, mojo said:

Do you have any idea how long it takes a person to become 'not obese'?  Obviously it varies, but it's not something that is reversed in a day, week, month, etc.

Screw an immediate vaccine, let's just tell everyone to completely change their lifestyle to lose weight and hope that over the several months or years it takes them to possibly achieve that goal, they don't get Covid and die in the midst of it.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

I got masking when we were distancing, but are restaurants going to be still at 100% capacity? If so, wouldn't that kind of make masks not work nearly as well?

Its an added level of protection. Even if its not optimal....minimal protection is still protection. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Per MSNBC, Lindsey Graham has tested positive, despite being fully vaccinated. (He tweeted it, apparently.)  Started with flu-like symptoms on Saturday. 

In Lindsey's case, I believe his vaccination about as much as I believe one of Trump's physicals. 

• Like 2

Pfizer CEO on Slavitt's podcast claims that vax for ages 5-11 should be done by "end of summer". That's good news, if it holds.

Also, gov't has purchased enough supply for every one in America to get a booster, if needed/approved.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I have no problem with the vaccine as long as it remain a choice. It seems as if, at least in NYS, they’re inching closer to making it mandatory for federal and state workers or get tested every week. I’m sure they’re going over the legality of it as we speak. 

4 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I have no problem with the vaccine as long as it remain a choice. It seems as if, at least in NYS, they’re inching closer to making it mandatory for federal and state workers or get tested every week. I’m sure they’re going over the legality of it as we speak. 

I don't think NYS can make the mandatory for federal workers.  And Biden has already made them mandatory for federal workers so that wouldn't be necessary.

Generally vaccine requirements have been found to be legal in the past as long as they are coupled with reasonable exceptions (e.g. requiring weekly testing for people that aren't) so if NYS goes that way, it will almost certainly be legal.