Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

At this point, I think the 25,000 people that died of Covid in July in the US made us stronger as a species. 

Unfortunately most of them are of the age that they have already passed along their stupid genes to the following generation of morons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Depends on how it’s “called out”. 

“Does anyone think immigrants crossing the border unchecked is a COVID problem?” will tend to foster discussion on the topic.

”Why is everyone conveniently ignoring something that I believe is true but did no research on?” will tend to have the opposite effect.

And I agree- so I guess the question is what can we realistically do from a border control standpoint to help covid spread from countries with minimal access to healthcare and vaccines?

Vaccine aside, over a third of hospitalizations due to Covid are attributed to obesity, why isn’t that publicized more?  This country should take this opportunity to promote a healthier lifestyle because obesity and diabetes are huge factors in this epidemic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mojo said:

Vaccine aside, over a third of hospitalizations due to Covid are attributed to obesity, why isn’t that publicized more?  This country should take this opportunity to promote a healthier lifestyle because obesity and diabetes are huge factors in this epidemic.

Seems like it should be more than a third when 40% of American adults are obese.

28 minutes ago, mojo said:

Citation needed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jumbo said:

say what you what, i'll give skinsfan1311 for taking reasonable but hard blowback from several posters while maintaining a friendly 'we're all es'ers'  attitude

you don't often see that when that happens anymore

and just fyi skinsfan, i suspect part of that reaction was you or  anyone simply dropping a 'border crossing/immigrant crisis' matter in the thread (even tho i get how you felt it connected) as maybe someone who especially had that issue 'as an agenda'....it's a hot topic all on its own...but you never went near full-on frothing mode (happens sometimes here, esp the last 5 years) and ya held onto your comportment and that's cool :) 

that said, this is a forum where serious topic threads are populated with a lot of very above-average participants who routinely make having informed debate on a variety of complex topics (and on more than political matters) as much a part of their day as talking football and other fun stuff...we even have a dozen or so adults in here :) 

Yup!

I should've known better, but had one of those "**** it!" moments,  when I posted my original reply. The peach bourbon smashes probably didn't help😂.

I love this place, warts and all.

Always have, always will!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mojo said:

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/obesity-and-covid-19.html

Waiting for your response trying to twist into a MAGA, racist post but if you don’t think obesity is a major health crisis in this country, take a look around.

You said “over a third”.  Your link estimates 30.8%.  FAIL.

If folks wanna get old and pudgy in the wealthiest country in the world, have at it.

Start an obesity thread if it’s such a big deal to you.

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

You said “over a third”.  Your link estimates 30.8%.  FAIL.

If folks wanna get old and pudgy in the wealthiest country in the world, have at it.

Start an obesity thread if it’s such a big deal to you.

I will fatso.  And it will be the greatest thread this forum has ever seen

• Haha 11

57 minutes ago, mojo said:

Total coincidence, I’m sure.

• Haha 10

55 minutes ago, mojo said:

Admiring the use of "due to Covid" and "are attributed to" in the same sentence. 

1 minute ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Remember when Michelle Obama was some evil dictator because of the healthy school lunch / My Plate initiatives? 

Not me, it’s ridiculous what’s served to school kids these days.