Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

No what it means is that he hasn't let Bill Gates invade his body with magnetized nanomachines yet like the rest of you stupid sheeple.

So you understand how I made the jump to mask hate lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

I....

But.....

Nope, I'm tappin out

Good luck and may doG have mercy on your souls

What is doG? IS THAT THE DEPARTMENT OF GENOCIDE????

You're in on it aren't you? I ****ing knew it.

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 6

I miss twa. At least his was trolling. I can handle that, it makes me laugh. 

this shameless stupidity drives me nuts. 

it doesn’t matter what he does for a living. The level of arrogance tells you everything you need to know about him. 

Also isn’t no nonsense that guy from bgo that was extremeskinsfan or something like that?

he was into spreading false flag conspiracy theories and other nonsense. Think he worked as a landscaper or something cause he had advice on grass growing or something 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Seatbelts are law and I think that’s apples and oranges. 

Drunk driving ban is a better analogy than seatbelts IMO. People may want the freedom to drive drunk because the consequences “only effect them.” That is until they plow into another car and kill someone else.

Not driving drunk protects you and others. Getting vaccinated protects you and others. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

They've turned rugged individualism into selfish ignorance.  The pioneers would've given their left nuts to have had something to combat the many diseases they faced.

I dunno...there was that virulent strain of right nut eating bacteria...

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I highly doubt a guy as competitive as Jack Del Rio would go around telling players like Chase Young and Montez Sweat to not get vaccinated, potentially costing his unit success and his team victories.

I've seen some of his posts.  I don't doubt it for a minute.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I've seen some of his posts.  I don't doubt it for a minute.

Neither do I.

Never underestimate how insanely powerful emotionally entrenched ideology is; it can override almost any other desire or logical thought in many cases. There are people who have actually had family members die of COVID-19 who still call the whole thing a hoax.

Edited by mistertim
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

I’m not saying it doesn’t exist, but I just think it’s been a HUGE overreaction. I sometimes see people walking down the street wearing masks. I don’t think this virus is THAT powerful. I could see if it was 20% or even 10% of the people catching and dying from this, but I’m not losing sleep over 1%. 

1 hour ago, clietas said:

Anywhere from 600k - 900k dead Americans but we're all just "overreacting" to the virus what's killing us. 🙄

57 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

So Person A, like a lot of us, looks at the total number of dead in the US last year around 3.3 million, a roughly 14 percent increase over the previous year or two, and sees that as significant.

Person B looks at 3.3 million dead and says, "but that's still less than 1 percent of the total US population."

So I ask to the Person Bs out there, how many dead would it take for you to recognize Covid as significant. What I'm seeing from someone's recent posts is that it would take 10 percent of the population dying to categorize this as a big deal. So it would take 35 million to die before it'd make you say "wow!?"  OK then..................

So No Nonsense (What a supremely misguided user name) won't really give a **** until 70,000,000 Americans are dead from COVID.  THEN it's serious, he says.  And then to show his humanity, he throws out that he's willing to care if its10 percent, or 35,000,000 Americans.  The compassion just oozes out of his posts.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Team is now at 84% with at least one shot according to JP Finlay.  It’s progress from where they were.

**** yea it is. Good. I dont know if it was education, seeing the COVID protocols in action or the general publics concern, but whatever it was im happy it helped. 

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Team is now at 84% with at least one shot according to JP Finlay.  It’s progress from where they were.

I bet they have to get well past 85% because if you're a JAG or UFA your ass BETTER be vaccinated. A lot of those guys are hitting the street come cutdown day. But this is really good progress for sure! 

Got into a brief debate on Twitter with a guy who said that NY forcing people to prove vaccination status was racist. I told him I didn't think "non-vaccinated" was a race. Then he pivoted and tried to say that because Black and Hispanic people make up a larger proportion of the unvaccinated, the order was racist. I asked how that tracked since nobody was being denied entry on the basis of race, it was purely on vaccination status, which is a choice since everyone in the country has access to completely free vaccination.

Then he freaked out and said "I THOUGHT YOU LIBS HATED SYSTEMIC RACISM!"

Someone clearly doesn't understand what systemic racism is.

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Got into a brief debate on Twitter with a guy who said that NY forcing people to prove vaccination status was racist. I told him I didn't think "non-vaccinated" was a race. Then he pivoted and tried to say that because Black and Hispanic people make up a larger proportion of the unvaccinated, the order was racist. I asked how that tracked since nobody was being denied entry on the basis of race, it was purely on vaccination status, which is a choice since everyone in the country has access to completely free vaccination.

Then he freaked out and said "I THOUGHT YOU LIBS HATED SYSTEMIC RACISM!"

Someone clearly doesn't understand what systemic racism is.

Not that I agree with it being racist but to me it's similar to voting laws and needing voting ids to vote.  You see the same struggles more so in the black/hispanic communities in terms of healthcare and vaccinations as you do with voting.

4 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Not that I agree with it being racist but to me it's similar to voting laws and needing voting ids to vote.  You see the same struggles more so in the black/hispanic communities in terms of healthcare and vaccinations as you do with voting.

Yeah I did think of that as well, but that's why I specifically stated that the vaccine was free for everyone and pretty easy to get. I don't want to drag this too OT, but if IDs were freely provided by the government and very easy to obtain, I wouldn't have any issue with voter ID laws. But that's not the case. With the vaccine for almost all people it's all their choice and doesn't really have much to do with not having access.

Edited by mistertim

Just now, mistertim said:

Yeah I did think of that as well, but that's why I specifically stated that the vaccine was free for everyone and pretty easy to get. I don't want to drag this too OT, but if IDs were freely provided by the government and very easy to obtain, I wouldn't have any issue with voter ID laws. But that's not the case. With the vaccine for almost all people it's all their choice and doesn't really have much to do with not having access.

That and the current admin specifically went out of its way to make it as available as possible for Black/Hispanic/poor people because they were aware of the issues the guy you were arguing with was bringing up. So he was effectively pointing out how systemic racism works, but also the steps the Biden admin took to fix it in this case. Love the ones who make your point for you lol 

Thanks Obama! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

That and the current admin specifically went out of its way to make it as available as possible for Black/Hispanic/poor people because they were aware of the issues the guy you were arguing with was bringing up. So he was effectively pointing out how systemic racism works, but also the steps the Biden admin took to fix it in this case. Love the ones who make your point for you lol 

Thanks Obama! 

He also then went further off track and said that it was because Blacks and Hispanics might not trust the government.

Me: "What about white people who don't trust the government?"

Him: "They're being discriminated against too"
Me: "So are you now claiming that people who don't trust the government is also a race?"

Him: *blocks me*

@JumboThat's EXACTLY the thing that went through my mind when we were having the above conversation. After he blocked me I was like "wait...that was almost exactly like the conversation from Dead Man Walking!"

Edited by mistertim

26 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Someone clearly doesn't understand what systemic racism is

Um. Not to side track too much but there’s definitely calls of racism over things that don’t directly reflect/relate to race, but ultimately produce results that are disproportionate among races…

I could definitely see someone arguing it’s a racist policy if, ultimately, the result is black peoples can’t do many things because they make up a large portion of the unvaccinated (not saying they do, I don’t even know if that’s being tracked…)

and I definitely recall defense to those other accusations being what you did - saying it’s not about race it’s about vaccination status (and ignoring the disproportionate outcomes)

generally speaking id like to think smart people rise about that and find a more nuanced way to discuss race. 

but I seem to recall watching this format of debate quite a few times over the last two decades. 

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Thanks Obama! 

right and they were chided for it. But it worked. 

remember the door knocking idea and how republicans got all pissy?

WTOP ran a report this morning. I think it was on PG county. They said 70% of the homes they visited, where there were unvaccinated people in the house, received at least the first dose of the vaccine before they knocked a second time. 

i can’t remember what % got it after a second visit. 

70% is a pretty strong number in terms of showing the effectiveness of outreach. 

I guess you could get into the weeds and try to figure out what portion was going to get it anyways and it’s just coincidence but I don’t see how that’s worth the effort. I’m happy sticking with 70% and it being an effective outreach program. 

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

He also then went further off track and said that it was because Blacks and Hispanics might not trust the government.

I have been told by a black person that black people are more likely to be hesitant cause they don’t trust the government. 

i don’t really know what to do with that information or whether it has any basis. 

just sharing

@tshileIt's probably something worth taking to another thread, but I definitely agree and realize that there are plenty of areas where minorities a disproportionately effected and it does have to do with race, but usually that's due to a systemic bias against those specific minorities which handicaps their opportunities and ability to even the playing field. IMO the vaccine doesn't really seem like one of those situations since it's being made freely available and is pretty easy to get.

Though, as @Llevronpointed out, that was an issue earlier on in the pandemic when more urban and minority areas were getting disproportionately less vaccine distribution than others, but it seems that steps have been taken to help rectify that problem.

• Like 2

And before the vaccine (and I suppose still ongoing)

- more likely to work higher risk of exposed jobs

- more likely to be impacted (and impacted more significantly) from the economic impacts

which is why when the GOP talking heads made an about face on the vaccine thing 2-3 weeks ago, my first comment at the time was “hah, yeah they didn’t care when it was those ‘inner-city minorities’ being hurt, but now that it’s rural America they want to promote the vaccine”

an recurring comment of mine lately, in my group chats with friends, is that… you don’t really need to make up accusations about the right about racism… just give them enough time to talk and they’ll tel you exactly who they are…

had one person tell me the reason vaccination rates are so low in the southern states is because of “the blacks won’t get the vaccine”

they caught the Texas state legislator on mic answering a question about only recounting large population cities with “<the smaller, rural areas> vote Republican, what would be the point?”

let stupid/racist/sexist/bigots talk enough and they’ll tell you exactly what they’re al ll about. They don’t even try to hide it anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PeterMP said:

People's risk assessment is just odd.

2,977 people died on 9/11.

We've fought two wars (resulting in the deaths of over another 5000 deaths of just AMERICANS), killed people in who knows how many other countries, instituted all sorts of security at airports, and have the Patriot act.

Covid has killed hundreds of thousands of Americans alone.  But wearing a mask is too much.

For WW2, we had a draft. We rationed ourselves of gasoline, tires, and countless other produced. Had Rosie the Riveter in our factories. 

But don't try to talk me into getting a flu shot. I'm a patriotic American. 

• Thanks 5

5 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

You keep saying that. Nobody’s making it worst for nobody. There’s still a very small chance of you catching COVID and dying. Some of you need to stop with the dramatics. Again, if you want to take it, go ahead. But don’t think for one second you’re going to bully others into taking it. 

I think people with your state of mind and stance are the bullies. Killing others or making them terminally ill.  

I got my shots back in January. I used to smoke (for 30 years) so was at high risk. I decided to protect myself after doing some of my own extensive research as I was not going to just listen to Trump or his lackeys. I have quit smoking (since April) not because of covid fears but for lack of oxygen during sex. :)

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, zskins said:

I think people with your state of mind and stance are the bullies. Killing others or making them terminally ill.  

I got my shots back in January. I used to smoke (for 30 years) so was at high risk. I decided to protect myself after doing some of my own extensive research as I was not going to just listen to Trump or his lackeys. I have quit smoking (since April) not because of covid fears but for lack of oxygen during sex. :)

So you’ve spreaded second hand smoke for 30 years and you’re throwing a fit about unvaccinated people? OK…

• Haha 3