Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

35 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Free N95 masks, that won't happen.  Assume it did, there wouldn't be enough masks to go around, not even close what would be needed to accomplish that.  You can't get the idiotic anti-maskers/vaxers to wear any type of mask now or get the vaccine as it is.  

Even if we could give everyone N95 masks and 100% of the USA was vaccinated, we still have to worry about the rest of the world not being able to contain it.  Even with tighter restrictions on travel in and out, breakthrough cases, new variants, etc. are gonna make their way here. 

I'm not disagreeing that it would make **** extremely better, I'm just not optimistic anymore.  The stupid ****ing anti-vaxers and anti-masker crowd gives me zero hope that this **** is going to be under control or close to it anytime in the foreseeable future.  The way we were used to living life is over, thanks to the ****heads.

Yeah I don't even think mask mandates will work since the MAGAs still won't wear them.

It's at the point where it's beyond just a "badge of honor" for them to not wear masks and/or not be vaccinated, but is required. Not sure if it was this thread or not, but I remember someone posting a story about how some people were literally wearing disguises to go get vaccinated because they were worried about their MAGA friends and family knowing they got the shot and facing a backlash.

That's so ****ing insane. Just absolutely goddamn bonkers.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

You gotta keep 'em separated.

Anyways. My MAGA boss and his whole family got the vaccine. But now they think masks shouldn't be worn ever again even if it means were passing the virus to one another. 

I wish I could just live in a world without these people. It would be so much easier. 
1 minute ago, Larry said:

Yeah, I have a feeling that at the grocery store, the people wearing masks are probably vaccinated, and the folks going naked probably aren't. 

100 percent.

• Like 2

So...one of my wife's whack job co-workers, whose son was arrested for bringing a cache of guns into DC on Jan 6, is blaming vaccinated people for spreading the Delta variant, because she claims the Delta variant originated in the vaccine.

Why do we let stupid people continue to breed...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

So...one of my wife's whack job co-workers, whose son was arrested for bringing a cache of guns into DC on Jan 6, is blaming vaccinated people for spreading the Delta variant, because she claims the Delta variant originated in the vaccine.

Why do we let stupid people continue to breed...

Before Trump I probably would have read this and said "Oh, that's just someone who doesn't fully understand how vaccines work; not everyone does and I can see how it might be confusing" and then send them a link to an article about it (written by someone far smarter than me).

Now with MAGAs I know it's not worth it because the ignorance isn't just intentional, it's cherished.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I’m tired of pretending this isn’t funny. Thoughts and prayers to this idiots family.

Dickinson councilman H Scott Apley, hospitalized with COVID-19, dies at 45

https://www.galvnews.com/news/free/article_ecb2fe5f-cee6-5106-9fdb-13b09245ab72.html

5A16F154-F9FF-4B12-BC4B-28D038AF6D55.jpeg

Damn.  Doesn’t look like God gave him enough time on Earth to recover from his meme stock trades.

• Like 1

So, this guy replied to an NFL post today about how the NFL hit the 90% mark of players who are fully vaccinated or have had at least one shot. He claims it isn’t true, because players are finding loopholes to not be considered in the “denominator” group. He guarantees that anyone who has applied for and received an exemption are not counted in the %, otherwise the NFL wouldn’t give a % and they’d tell us a specific number of players who had 1, 2, or 0 shots with no exemption.

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Exactly what exemption would a 20 something elite athlete in world class shape qualify for?

Thank you, that's what I was wondering. I mean, I definitely could see a few of them having an underlying issue, but I would think it has to be such a small number it wouldn't affect that percentage much.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, this guy replied to an NFL post today about how the NFL hit the 90% mark of players who are fully vaccinated or have had at least one shot. He claims it isn’t true, because players are finding loopholes to not be considered in the “denominator” group. He guarantees that anyone who has applied for and received an exemption are not counted in the %, otherwise the NFL wouldn’t give a % and they’d tell us a specific number of players who had 1, 2, or 0 shots with no exemption.

I think the guy is full of **** and he has no ****ing idea what he is talking about.  It is possible that a very few have legitimate medical issues but that is likely a very very small number if at all.  I would want to see proof before believing that story.  

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Even if some guys have exemptions, I don’t see why the NFL would take them out of the denominator when they are reporting percentage of players vaccinated.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Even if some guys have exemptions, I don’t see why the NFL would take them out of the denominator when they are reporting percentage of players vaccinated.

And if you can't get vaxxed, you don't play. 

My friend's son was discharged from the Navy about 20 years ago because he refused an anthrax shot, after he'd done 8 as a Marine. 

Don't wanna protect yourself and others?  There's the door. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I think the guy is full of **** and he has no ****ing idea what he is talking about.  It is possible that a very few have legitimate medical issues but that is likely a very very small number if at all.  I would want to see proof before believing that story.  

These players have tons of money. It probably wouldn't be that hard to find a doctor who wouldn't mind "bending" the rules a bit and giving them some sort of medical exemption.

Then again, I'd think the team might then say "Ok, if you have a medical exemption for COVID then we might need to rethink our contract with you because of your apparent health problems that we weren't aware of."

8 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Because it makes them look better. I wouldn't necessarily be all that surprised if the NFL actively turned a blind eye so they could claim a much higher percentage vaccination rate than they actually have.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

These players have tons of money. It probably wouldn't be that hard to find a doctor who wouldn't mind "bending" the rules a bit and giving them some sort of medical exemption.

Then again, I'd think the team might then say "Ok, if you have a medical exemption for COVID then we might need to rethink our contract with you because of your apparent health problems that we weren't aware of."

The teams already know who has medical issues that would preclude them from taking the vaccine. They know more about those players than the players themselves. They show up with a "note from Epstein's mother", they will know and call bull****. Again, I can see there may be a handful that get away with something like that but not enough to really impact the % vaccinated. 

My question is that since they are reporting the % vaccinated "with at least one shot", does that count you as vaccinated by the protocol? If so, how many only have one shot? (I know that's 2 questions 🙂 )  The data I saw said that one shot of Pfizer is 39% effective for Delta, but the second shot gives you almost 90%. The one shot thing may be a loophole - albeit a really dumb one since if you are going to get stuck, do it right. But I can see minds working that way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If they offer a booster shot; will

you take it? I got Pfizer and will, if they make one available.

Without any hesitation. I consider it good for myself. My duty as a nurse to protect my patients. And my duty to my country. 

• Like 6