Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

So, i told someone on twitter that not getting the vaccine directly involves other people. His response? “Being fat directly affects other strangers too, Globally, obesity was estimated to contribute to an extra 700 megatons of carbon dioxide emissions, we need mandated exercise across the country!“

jeez. I can’t. I just can’t 😂😂😂😂😂 how are people so stupid! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, i told someone on twitter that not getting the vaccine directly involves other people. His response? “Being fat directly affects other strangers too, Globally, obesity was estimated to contribute to an extra 700 megatons of carbon dioxide emissions, we need mandated exercise across the country!“

Does spreading bull**** contribute emissions?  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Llevron said:

Oof. That does nothing to ingratiate me to his cause at all. 

https://swipesports.com/kirk-cousins-father-suggests-the-devil-is-behind-statue-removal-and-blm-movement/

This is a whole other topic so I will keep further opinion to my self. Just know I was right about the turd. 

Trust me, I did not mean that as a "try to see it from his side".

• Haha 8

35 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

They can make their own choices.  They can choose to get vaccinated or choose to lose their job.  I really don’t see the confusion.  People in this country seem to have the misguided notion that freedom to make a choice means being free of the consequences of said choice.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You should have said back: Just plant more trees and turn that CO2 to O. Bet you can't say the same thing for covid-19. Get your damn shot you buffoon. That should have shut him up...lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, i told someone on twitter that not getting the vaccine directly involves other people. His response? “Being fat directly affects other strangers too, Globally, obesity was estimated to contribute to an extra 700 megatons of carbon dioxide emissions, we need mandated exercise across the country!

You follow @bakedtater1 on Twitter? 😂

• Haha 9

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

the real answer is, that’s true but what does that have to do with COVID? Also, I am certain that if you could fix obesity with a shot there would be millions of people lined up to get it.  Now STFU and get the shot!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The real stupidity is an exercise demand doesn't actually make much sense.  The CO2 production comes heavily from the process of making, distributing, and the eating of the food that contributes to obesity.  

Dietary restrictions and education would make much more sense so that less and healthier food is distributed.

(And we see places that have tried to do that.  NYC has banned certain sized sodas.  Philadelphia has a soda tax.  NYC also has a ban on trans fats.  PA and other states have requirements for calorie counts on them.

And the only reason we don't see more of that sort of stuff is because of conservatives fighting it.)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

The real stupidity is an exercise demand doesn't actually make much sense.  The CO2 production comes heavily from the process of making, distributing, and the eating of the food that contributes to obesity.  

Dietary restrictions and education would make much more sense so that less and healthier food is distributed.

(And we see places that have tried to do that.  NYC has banned certain sized sodas.  Philadelphia has a soda tax.  NYC also has a ban on trans fats.  PA and other states have requirements for calorie counts on them.

And the only reason we don't see more of that sort of stuff is because of conservatives fighting it.)

Could you clarify what you mean by dietary restrictions?

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

Forget it, he’s rolling. 

12 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Could you clarify what you mean by dietary restrictions?

In the abstract (not at all practical), rather than mandate that everybody exercises 30 minutes a day in terms of obesity and the associated climate change, it would make much more sense to mandate that people can't eat more than 3,000 calories a day.

Neither one is practical, will ever happen, or has any political support in this country.  But if you are going to make up things that we should mandate to fight climate change, capping calories or some other sort of thing to limit how much people eat makes much more sense than mandating exercise.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, PeterMP said:

In the abstract (not at all practical), rather than mandate that everybody exercises 30 minutes a day in terms of obesity and the associated climate change, it would make much more sense to mandate that people can't eat more than 3,000 calories a day.

Neither one is practical, will ever happen, or has any political support in this country.  But if you are going to make up things that we should mandate to fight climate change, capping calories makes much more sense than mandating   

They are more than unrealistic but I have to leave it at that lest I risk an unplanned vacation.  

I would be perfectly ok with a food tax like cigarettes and alcohol.  That is fair and across the board. You decide to eat out or buy garbage at the grocery store then you pay the tax. Many states do this in reverse by cutting that taxes paid on essential healthy food.  Yes that unfortunately favors the rich who can say **** it.  But those numbers are small and it’s the price we pay for a open economy and free society.  

then use the taxes to make  education available and to support hospitals and wellness centers and care for those that seek it. 

any more of this discussion should probably move to another thread. I am happy to do that.  But I will not respond here again.  

Edited by goskins10

Important reminder as the vaccine vs. variant race unfolds. Viral load does not equal infectiousness - while the CDC probably felt that it was best to be on the safe side and it is true that in certain cases, vaccinated people who are symptomatic could transmit SARS COV 2, you cannot simply assume that equal viral load means unvaxd and vaxd are equally contagious. Dead virus counts towards viral load and PCR picks up viral RNA not full particles.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/80-of-vaccinated-covid-carriers-didnt-spread-virus-in-public-spaces-report/

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, China said:

Qanon workout video

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

:ols:

****ing crossfitters. 

Whenever I see them doing their "kip-ups" or whatever they call them, I'm just counting out their reps in my head as "0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0".

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 2