Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 hour ago, Mooka said:

Surving Mars is free on the Epic Games Store this week.

Simulation/City Building/Sci-Fi game. 

Very good game if you're into this genre.

Might have to check it out ... I like games in that genre although lately there haven't been any big winners

Cities: Skylines nice sandbox, but not really much of a challenge - you're flush with cash pretty early in the game and can build anything.

RimWorld is kind of fun but universe didn't make sense (you can build complicated tech like guns/solar panels, but still have to use donkeys to haul stuff around) 

2 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Might have to check it out ... I like games in that genre although lately there haven't been any big winners

Cities: Skylines nice sandbox, but not really much of a challenge - you're flush with cash pretty early in the game and can build anything.

RimWorld is kind of fun but universe didn't make sense (you can build complicated tech like guns/solar panels, but still have to use donkeys to haul stuff around) 

Check out some gameplay on Youtube. Game has a really nice design. And you can ramp up/down the difficulty. 

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

What platforms is it free on?

You need the Epic Games Store for PC or Mac.

They have a free game every week. 

51 minutes ago, visionary said:

Taking advantage of the free play for Crusader Kings III on steam until the 21st. 

Nooo! I hate you! When I first started reading your post, I thought you were saying Crusader Kings 3 was not only on Xbox, but on Gamepass. I was ready to quit mid poop, fire up the XB1 and start downloading that thing!

35 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Nooo! I hate you! When I first started reading your post, I thought you were saying Crusader Kings 3 was not only on Xbox, but on Gamepass. I was ready to quit mid poop, fire up the XB1 and start downloading that thing!

Wait...isn't it on Gamepass?  For the PC anyway.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/crusader-kings-iii/9n7gg222gtth?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I was considering playing it on gamepass first, because I've been doing Microsoft Rewards nonsense on my browers every day to earn a free 3 month subscription at some point.

Edited by visionary

56 minutes ago, visionary said:

Wait...isn't it on Gamepass?  For the PC anyway.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/crusader-kings-iii/9n7gg222gtth?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I was considering playing it on gamepass first, because I've been doing Microsoft Rewards nonsense on my browers every day to earn a free 3 month subscription at some point.

Well, let me know what you think, seems like an amazing game. I've noticed that I like more "slower" games as I get older, doesn't fit well sometimes when your main source of gaming is on consoles.

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Well, let me know what you think, seems like an amazing game. I've noticed that I like more "slower" games as I get older, doesn't fit well sometimes when your main source of gaming is on consoles.

I like it, but it takes some time to figure out the various things to keep track of if you haven't played CK2.  I played CK2 and Europa Universalis a lot some time ago, including mods, so I didn't need to learn that much and have been mostly learning what's new as I go along.  

If you're not sure if you'll like it or not you can always watch a playthrough on youtube, although this kind of game is a lot more fun to play yourself than watch I think.   But it takes patience to play, because you can go a while without anything happening.  And sometimes lots of things happen at once and you need to pause to read through things and make adjustments or react to events.  

In my current playthrough, my wife just died in childbirth and my character had to take to flagellation to let off some stress.  

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, visionary said:

I like it, but it takes some time to figure out the various things to keep track of if you haven't played CK2.  I played CK2 and Europa Universalis a lot some time ago, including mods, so I didn't need to learn that much and have been mostly learning what's new as I go along.  

If you're not sure if you'll like it or not you can always watch a playthrough on youtube, although this kind of game is a lot more fun to play yourself than watch I think.   But it takes patience to play, because you can go a while without anything happening.  And sometimes lots of things happen at once and you need to pause to read through things and make adjustments or react to events.  

In my current playthrough, my wife just died in childbirth and my character had to take to flagellation to let off some stress.  

6 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

CK3 is fantastic. I have wasted too many nights until 3am playing :ols: 

The game also got infinitely more fun when I learned some cheats

When I actually make some real money out of this job, I plan to either upgrade my current PC or buy a laptop...maybe both. I tried playing Stellaris on XB, it was terrible. The game itself was fine (there was a tutorial glitch that made me quit after an hour), but navigating the menus with a controller just doesn't work for me. However, I did see a review of CK3 and thats what brought my attention to the game. Hopefully, I'll get to play it sooner rather than later.

18 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Well now that I am ready to actually purchase a PS5 it is proving harder to track down than a covid vaccine.  With the stimulus hitting the bank sometimes soon (currently pending) I am even willing to shell out for a bundle if I have to. 

My aunt just asked me last week to be on the lookout for a PS5 for her grandson.  I figured it'd be no problem at this point as I haven't been following since they originally released.  Nowhere to be found.

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My aunt just asked me last week to be on the lookout for a PS5 for her grandson.  I figured it'd be no problem at this point as I haven't been following since they originally released.  Nowhere to be found.

Yeah I am not sure if the pandemic has played a part in slowing manufacturing so the shortages are making the demand seem like it is way higher than normal, but I don't remember it being this difficult to track down next-gen consoles before.

I don't know about consoles specifically, but for a long time Chinese production and international shipping were both heavily impacted by the pandemic. I would imagine that had an impact.

I think there is probably also abnormally high demand this year because so many people are stuck at home. A combination of the two factors would be my guess.

Well.....happy to say I was able to snag a PS5 bundle from gamestop's website about 30mins ago.  Spent way more than originally intended to, but it is the 4k Disc drive version, extra controller, 3 games (Spiderman, Hitman 3, and Marvel something or other) and a $20 gamestop (online only) giftcard.  So the value of the bundle is legit, just probably not games I would normally care about besides maybe the Spiderman one.

I hope the original est arrival date holds true as it said March 26th-28th.  My 4k Yamaha Receiver is sitting here in its box, 4k TV is arriving Friday.  So having the PS5 arrive by the weekend would be the icing on the cake, but if not, I at least  have piece of mind that it is coming.

On 3/22/2021 at 12:37 PM, NoCalMike said:

Yeah I am not sure if the pandemic has played a part in slowing manufacturing so the shortages are making the demand seem like it is way higher than normal, but I don't remember it being this difficult to track down next-gen consoles before.

Its not just next gen. When my XB1 died a couple months ago I had hell finding a replacement.